ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

debs1999
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by debs1999 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:43 pm

I applied on the 23rd of December and it took 1 month and 4 days in total.yes I was illegal for a year.2 correspondence of my baby, birth certificate, british passport for my baby,my bsc certificate and police report about my case.no I don't work ,no evidence of accommodation or funds,I just ticked the box that says living with family.regarding my partner, in the Ukba website parent if a child is allowed dependant and a dependant .

njyildum1

Post by njyildum1 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:59 pm

Thanks Deb1999. I applied as Parent of a British child myself FLR (FP). Waiting to get a response from UKBA.

My application was in on the 14th of January. Done my biometrics 29th of January so I am hoping to hear from them very soon. I have booked a plane ticket to travel in March so fingers crossed.

Give it a go and your partner might be granted leave to remain. Who knows? Good luck.

kunzlek
Newly Registered

Post by kunzlek » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:51 pm

Hello everyone,
I just want to say congratulations to everyone that has been granted and to those that were refused, please don't give up, there's definitely light after the tunnel. I just want to encourage people with my case, I first came across this site in September, when I was 1st refused, stated my case on the forum, since then , I have been reading comments and contributions from everyone. My solicitor 1st advised to put in PAP, which I did, but no response from HO,So, my solicitor advised to ignore the JR and put in a new application, which I did in November, HO requested for more documents in January, although, I was unable to provide everything required, like full 2 years of cohabitation with my partner, but with a cover letter, to God be the Glory, my solicitor just called me today that, my BRP has arrived. With God all things are possible.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:01 pm

kunzlek wrote:Hello everyone,
I just want to say congratulations to everyone that has been granted and to those that were refused, please don't give up, there's definitely light after the tunnel. I just want to encourage people with my case, I first came across this site in September, when I was 1st refused, stated my case on the forum, since then , I have been reading comments and contributions from everyone. My solicitor 1st advised to put in PAP, which I did, but no response from HO,So, my solicitor advised to ignore the JR and put in a new application, which I did in November, HO requested for more documents in January, although, I was unable to provide everything required, like full 2 years of cohabitation with my partner, but with a cover letter, to God be the Glory, my solicitor just called me today that, my BRP has arrived. With God all things are possible.

Congratulations Kunzlek. What a beautiful way to end January. This will definitely bring joy to the hearts of those looking to apply via this route. Enjoy your earned freedom. Congratulations once again and God bless you. :)

TurboA
Newly Registered

Post by TurboA » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:49 am

Congratulations!!!! It's great to hear of your success and enjoy your freedom. My application seems to share your timeline and I would be greatful if you could provide me with some information. When did you apply, when did you submit the further information requested, what gap did you have in your evidence requested , had you lived with your partner for the 2 years and did you have a british child ? Thank you. God bless you

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:34 am

TurboA wrote:

Congratulations!!!! It's great to hear of your success and enjoy your freedom. My application seems to share your timeline and I would be greatful if you could provide me with some information. When did you apply, when did you submit the further information requested, what gap did you have in your evidence requested , had you lived with your partner for the 2 years and did you have a british child ? Thank you. God bless you
Hello guys..happy new month, this month, we will get more approvals from HO by God's grace... I want to ask a question (sorry for so many questions) I know they refuse mothers with British children ( can't remember when I read about it on this forum) could anyone please tell me why they would refuse you if you were the mother of a British child? I want to make sure I do everything right this time ..please any help?

debs1999
Newly Registered

Post by debs1999 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:12 am

Hi Evie, I think they refuse if ure living with the father. That shows u don't have sole responsibility or the child is not living with you alone.

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:40 am

debs1999 wrote:Hi Evie, I think they refuse if ure living with the father. That shows u don't have sole responsibility or the child is not living with you alone.
Thanks debs.. Congratulations on your papers, I stay with social services so I have that area covered I guess..thanks for replying me ...

kunzlek
Newly Registered

Post by kunzlek » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:27 pm

TurboA wrote:

@Turboa, I re applied end of November ,requested for more document 2nd of January , submitted on the 14. Asked for proof from 2011 nov-2013nov and other docs,we've been staying together since 2010, but the only thing I had to prove that was to request for electoral cert from the council to show that I registered in the same address,but had something to show from April 2013. I have a British child and a partner with ILR

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:05 pm

Congratulations to all those who have received positive news.
Congratulations in advance to those who are waiting to receive it.
Finally, Congratulations to those who were refused because do not worry they will grant you in sha Allah. (They just want you to make more friends before you get it :D )
Have a lovely day all.

TurboA
Newly Registered

Post by TurboA » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:44 pm

kunzlek wrote:
TurboA wrote:

@Turboa, I re applied end of November ,requested for more document 2nd of January , submitted on the 14. Asked for proof from 2011 nov-2013nov and other docs,we've been staying together since 2010, but the only thing I had to prove that was to request for electoral cert from the council to show that I registered in the same address,but had something to show from April 2013. I have a British child and a partner with ILR
@Kunzlek thank you for your response . I was aslo submitted the requested docs on 14/01/14 so I guess I should hear from them soon. What is worrying me however is the fact that me and my partner have not lived together for 2 years. Enjoy your freedom and stay blessed

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:15 pm

Hello every one
I am going to apply for FLR(O) on the basis of 7 year child concession rules. My story is
I came UK
on Student visa May 2007
My 4 years 8 months old son and my wife also joined 10 days later May 2007
my son is going to finish 7 years by end of May 2014

My question is
1) How much maintenance fund need for 3 of us(out side of London) ?
2) For how may days i need to show my bank statement ?
3) Is there any english test requirements ?

Please note my visa will expire by end of july 20014.

Any help on above question will be very helpful. thanks

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:47 pm

@rubablu. For this application there is no need for financial requirements and no need english test. But dont jump on 7 years child application if you have otherl option avaliable. There are maxium number of refusals under this category. Its very tough to get a stay under this
. My advise is try to switch your current visa to any other category like work permit, student etc.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:24 pm

@Rubablu You got still a good time, because your visa expiring july 20014, look for another option, forget about this crap 7 years child rule. If you don't have any option, in the last resort, you can use this 7 years weapon, something is better than nothing. So seriously look for other option my friend. Good luck.

olapoint101

Post by olapoint101 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:08 pm

Hello my people..got good news..my solicitor call me that they received decision letter and all document late on friday and have been granted my visa after my first refused back in nov 2013 and i re-apply by december last year.

I thank God and everyone on this site for your comments,because all your comments help me alot,dont know how to express my feeling but i thank you all.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:35 pm

olapoint101 wrote:Hello my people..got good news..my solicitor call me that they received decision letter and all document late on friday and have been granted my visa after my first refused back in nov 2013 and i re-apply by december last year.

I thank God and everyone on this site for your comments,because all your comments help me alot,dont know how to express my feeling but i thank you all.
What a big news? Big Big congratulation!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your freedom.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:42 pm

@olapoint101 I am really happy for you. You been in living in a limbo for a long time, since 1999. What a relief? I am from 1998 in this country looking for a this kind of freedom soon. Enjoy your freedom. Wishing you all the best for your life ahead.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:56 pm

olapoint101 wrote:Hello my people..got good news..my solicitor call me that they received decision letter and all document late on friday and have been granted my visa after my first refused back in nov 2013 and i re-apply by december last year.

olapoint101 congratulations wish all the best
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:58 pm

@kukuwife how you doing?

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:01 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@kukuwife how you doing?
Fine. Thanks

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:04 pm

Update
My partner submitted a new application
Application flr(fp)
Application submission 10/01/2014
Biometric done 24/01/2014

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:12 pm

owo!!!! thats quick. Will get a stay soon. Good luck. I applied my child british passport on 30/01/2014. My solicitor saying you don't need to make new application at this moment. He told me he send fruther reprsentation to the home office with my child british citizenship letter and saying our client circumstances are changed becasue their child got british citizenship. He told me within a month home office should reply. Lets see what will happend? he told me why you spend another £1200 for a new application, because your refused applciation is already there and they hold all of your passport.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:16 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:owo!!!! thats quick. Will get a stay soon. Good luck. I applied my child british passport on 30/01/2014. My solicitor saying you don't need to make new application at this moment. He told me he send fruther reprsentation to the home office with my child british citizenship letter and saying our client circumstances are changed becasue their child got british citizenship. He told me within a month home office should reply. Lets see what will happend? he told me why you spend another £1200 for a new application, because your refused applciation is already there and they hold all of your passport.
It is a smart decision, hopefully HO will respond and if not make new application.
The Lord is our strength

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:29 pm

[quote="olapoint101"]Hello my people..got good news..my solicitor call me that they received decision letter and all document late on friday and have been granted my visa after my first refused back in nov 2013 and i re-apply by december last year.

I thank God and everyone on this site for your comments,because all your comments help me alot,dont know how to express my feeling but i thank you all.[/quote]

Hi peeps!! Hope all's well with everyone! A massive congrats to you Olapoint. God has answered your prayers, just like he will answer all those on this forum!!

On another note. Ms May and her sidekick Mr Harper have increased visa application fees. Never rains but pours for us lot!

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/ ... 14-to-2015
Last edited by nilemarques on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:15 pm

Congratulation at Olapoint 101. Good luck with the rest of us.