ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother used NHS facility while on visit visa!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tsar0034
Newly Registered

Mother used NHS facility while on visit visa!

Post by Tsar0034 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:37 pm

Hi all,

Unfortunately my mother in law had a surgery while she was on 2 years visit visa without paying for the day surgery nearly 5 years ago. Now she wants to apply for uk visa again and there is a new section for medical treatment in the application. Her children asked for the old bill from the hospital already,but my question is: will the home office refuse her because of that?
She is alone with her husband and has no one back home and all her children are british citizens.

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Mother used NHS facility while on visit visa!

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:45 pm

Yes, HO could possibly refuse a visa if there is a bill outstanding. She had no entitlement to use the free NHS service.

Hopefully she did not 'visit' for a full 2 years on her previous visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Re: Mother used NHS facility while on visit visa!

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:36 am

Debt to the NHS wrote:V 3.14 An applicant will normally be refused where a relevant NHS body has notified the Secretary of State that the applicant has failed to pay charges under relevant NHS regulations on charges to overseas visitors and the outstanding charges have a total value of at least £500
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.