ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration Refusal - Any Advice

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sunee
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Foreign Birth Registration Refusal - Any Advice

Post by Sunee » Fri May 04, 2018 10:00 am

FBR Rejected!

I'm wondering if anyone else has had their FBR application rejected and if so, are there any next steps you can take to re-apply or find out how to make it a successful application?

My timeline was:
Form and documents submitted to London embassy Nov 17
Contact from Dublin March 18 requesting my witness email them from their work address, and to include my mother's birth certificate, as my parents were not married when I was born.
April 18 received email stating there was insufficient documentary evidence was provided in support of my application, and that they were unable to establish the link to my Irish grandparent, and we do not accept affidavits.

This has come as a blow, I had been advised by the London Embassy that due to my situation being estranged from my father's family (Irish side) they suggested an affidavit sworn stating the situation.

I know that my father has an Irish passport, and my grandmother is from Dublin. I have however had the unfortunate circumstances of very poor contact with them (as stated in the affidavit). It seems that would explain why I cannot produce copies of their passports.

Could the birth certificates of the above not provide enough evidence? Is there another way I can provide enough evidence?

I feel that I have a different and difficult situation, and really do not wish to be penalised for this, for which I have no power or control over.

If anyone has any leads on what I could do it would be massively appreciated!

Best, E

aidanc
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration Refusal - Any Advice

Post by aidanc » Fri May 04, 2018 11:57 am

Hi Sunee,

I've read your response to my post and I've read your new post. We're in a similar situation. Please drop me a Skype message and we can discuss. My skype name: xxxxxxxx

Cheers,
Aidan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Foreign Birth Registration Refusal - Any Advice

Post by CR001 » Fri May 04, 2018 12:00 pm

aidanc wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 11:57 am
Hi Sunee,

I've read your response to my post and I've read your new post. We're in a similar situation. Please drop me a Skype message and we can discuss. My skype name: xxxxxxxx

Cheers,
Aidan
Kindly refrain from posting any form of contact information on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.