ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TB test for children

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cheesvo
Newly Registered
Vietnam

TB test for children

Post by cheesvo » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:58 pm

Hi,

I am preparing to submit my application for my Tier 2 visa, and my wife and daughter (2 years-old) will be my dependants. We have been living in the UK for years, but this time since we're switching our positions (wifey lost her job and I got sponsored instead), we have to apply from outside the UK...

I have seen the requirements for tuberculosis tests. My wife and I are both UK residents, so I think we will be waived on this (the rule said we do not need the test if we are "returning UK resident and haven’t been away for more than 2 years"). However, in the case of my daughter, she's also a UK resident, but the guidance said that "All children must see a clinician who’ll decide if they need a chest x-ray". So does that overrules the previous guide about UK resident? Have anyone had any similar experience?

Thank you very much.