ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment History - Citizenship Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DeeDee22
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Employment History - Citizenship Application

Post by DeeDee22 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site, I signed up today hoping to get some advice about my application.

A bit of background history, I'm 21 and a student at university, I have lived in the UK for 16 years and this will be my first time applying. I will be using a nationality checking service for my application so that I can keep my passport and BRP.

As well as my full time studies, I am employed in a zero hours contract with the university and I have my own online business.

When filling out the employment history, I am unsure whether to put employed, self employed or student as my main occupation, especially as the business is under a year old and I have yet to do my first tax self-assessment.
Also, for two of my previous employers, I can't find a payslip or p60 from them and I have had no reply to any of my calls or emails. I have the payslips/p60 for my other employers.

I was wondering if explaining everything in a cover letter will be ok? I am self-funding this application and I don't want to spend £1300 just to have the application rejected.

Thanks!