ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries in T4 Visa application (COVID concession to apply within UK)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gpshenoy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier-2 ICT Dependent to Tier-4 - Query based on 28 days wrt 31st July

Post by gpshenoy » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:21 pm

Hi All,

I am a Tier 2 ICT Dependent and have got a offer to study from 15th September 2020. My 5 year Visa currently expires 21st of August and due to the current travel restrictions I am unable to travel and apply from outside UK along with family. I have seen in the COVID-19 T4 guidance that I can also apply before 31st July for my case to start a new course and I am getting all the documents ready to apply before 31st July.

Point 76 in T4_Migrant_Guidance_October_2019 says as below "76. If you are applying to continue your studies in the UK or you are switching into Tier 4 from another points-based system route, where permitted to do so, your new course must start within 28 days of the expiry of your permission to stay or, if you overstayed, within 28 days of when that period of overstaying began."

My questions are as follows:
1. "your new course must start within 28 days of the expiry of your permission to stay"
(A) Does it mean course must start before 28th September 2020 (This is my understanding) or
(B) does it mean course must start between 2nd August and 31st August?
I read and re-read this statement and over complicated my understanding because of the phrase "expiry of" - Kindly clarify

2. I am trying to get India bank statements sitting here but due to lockdown restrictions back in India, I am worried of delays on this. Now, if I am able to get the statements in hand only after 31st July and at the same time if UK GOV guidance for switching inside UK moves to August as well due to continued restrictions, will I be able to apply in August if the answer to Question 1 is (B)

3. If answer to 1 is (A), and UK GOV guidance for switching inside UK moves to 31st August from 31st July due to continued restrictions, Can I apply anytime (eg: 18th August) before my Visa expiry date of 21st August?

4. I have to get the Degree certificate original from India over courier/post now. Does this and the bank statement need to be submitted in original at the time of Visa Application submission or is this needed for Biometrics only?

Kindly clarify and thank you in advance.

Regards
GP

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tier-2 ICT Dependent to Tier-4 - Query based on 28 days wrt 31st July

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:07 am

gpshenoy wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:21 pm
My questions are as follows:
1. "your new course must start within 28 days of the expiry of your permission to stay"
(A) Does it mean course must start before 28th September 2020 (This is my understanding) or
(B) does it mean course must start between 2nd August and 31st August?
I read and re-read this statement and over complicated my understanding because of the phrase "expiry of" - Kindly clarify
(A)
sparch wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:36 am
3. If answer to 1 is (A), and UK GOV guidance for switching inside UK moves to 31st August from 31st July due to continued restrictions, Can I apply anytime (eg: 18th August) before my Visa expiry date of 21st August?
Unknown unless that happens, but probably yes.
sparch wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:36 am
4. I have to get the Degree certificate original from India over courier/post now. Does this and the bank statement need to be submitted in original at the time of Visa Application submission or is this needed for Biometrics only?
For the visa application, you do not need the originals. You upload them as a scan when you apply.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

gpshenoy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Tier-2 ICT Dependent to Tier-4 - Query based on 28 days wrt 31st July

Post by gpshenoy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:40 pm

Thank you so much for the clarifications...

gpshenoy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Queries in T4 Visa application (COVID concession to apply within UK)

Post by gpshenoy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:47 am

Hi All,

Good Morning!
I am a Tier 2 ICT Dependent and have received CAS to start my course in September. My 5 year Visa currently expires 21st of August and due to the current travel restrictions I am unable to travel and apply from outside UK along with family. I am planning to apply before 31st July as per the current COVID concession/guidance and filling the application form to switch from within UK. (instead of the apply from outside UK link).

Could you please help with following queries?

1. Since this is a concession option, the usual current leave to remain options were not applicable and I chose Others and entered "PBS DEPENDANT LEAVE TO REMAIN". Hope this is correct and others like me have done the same.
2. I am applying with 3 dependants i.e. spouse who is MAIN migrant in the current leave to remain and 2 kids. Can I submit maintenance evidence as 3 bank statements - 1st statement in my name for me as Student/Main applicant and 2nd/3rd bank statements in spouse name for dependants (spouse/kids)?
3. In the application form there is no option to select maintenance funds for dependants.
There is a Yes/No Option for main applicant "Are all of the maintenance funds required for this application in a bank account with your name on it?".
If I choose No, its asking if its a Parent/Legal Guardian and I understood that a spouse is not considered as legal guardian.
What should I choose to apply with maintenance funds evidence in main/dependent names? Any past experience/advice?
4.While updating application for Dependants, its asking for each dependant "Do you currently have a valid visa or leave to remain as a dependant of a points-based system (PBS) migrant?"
I have filled this NO for Spouse he is main migrant in current leave to remain and YES for kids as they are dependants even in current leave to remain. Hope this is fine?
5. It now asks to submit marriage certificate and council tax as evidence. In council tax, my name is not in full. My name in passport is FN1 FN2 LN1 LN2 but in council tax its showing as FN1 LN2. Hope this is not an issue.

Kindly clarify.

Thanks and Regards
GP

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Queries in T4 Visa application (COVID concession to apply within UK)

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:49 am

Topics merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DMD05
Newly Registered
India

Post by DMD05 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:03 am

gpshenoy - The current concession is only for those visa expires on or before 31st July. Yours is expiring after 31st July. Are you sure you can apply within the UK? I'm asking this because i'm also in the same situation. Thanks.

gpshenoy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gpshenoy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:25 am

Yes DMD05. See this paragraph in the guidance.
"You can also apply from the UK if your leave expires after 31 July 2020 but you urgently need to make a new application, for example to start a new job or course of study, and cannot leave the UK to make an application from overseas."

gpshenoy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gpshenoy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:16 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:49 am
Topics merged!!!
Hi CR001,
Apologies if I posted in the wrong section as I see you had merged posts. Thank you for that. Hoping to get some clarity on the queries in this section.

Thanks and Regards,
GP

DMD05
Newly Registered
India

Post by DMD05 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:28 am

gpshenoy - Did you confirm with your university? WHen I asked they said the term "Urgent" is not so clearly defined and so we need to wait for another update which is due later this week or next week.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:15 pm

DMD05 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:28 am
WHen I asked they said the term "Urgent" is not so clearly defined and so we need to wait for another update which is due later this week or next week.
That response doesn't make sense. The concession is only in place for applications made on or before 31 July, which is this Friday. Next week is too late to apply.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

gpshenoy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gpshenoy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:27 pm

gpshenoy wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:47 am
Hi All,

Good Morning!
I am a Tier 2 ICT Dependent and have received CAS to start my course in September. My 5 year Visa currently expires 21st of August and due to the current travel restrictions I am unable to travel and apply from outside UK along with family. I am planning to apply before 31st July as per the current COVID concession/guidance and filling the application form to switch from within UK. (instead of the apply from outside UK link).

Could you please help with following queries?

1. Since this is a concession option, the usual current leave to remain options were not applicable and I chose Others and entered "PBS DEPENDANT LEAVE TO REMAIN". Hope this is correct and others like me have done the same.
2. I am applying with 3 dependants i.e. spouse who is MAIN migrant in the current leave to remain and 2 kids. Can I submit maintenance evidence as 3 bank statements - 1st statement in my name for me as Student/Main applicant and 2nd/3rd bank statements in spouse name for dependants (spouse/kids)?
3. In the application form there is no option to select maintenance funds for dependants.
There is a Yes/No Option for main applicant "Are all of the maintenance funds required for this application in a bank account with your name on it?".
If I choose No, its asking if its a Parent/Legal Guardian and I understood that a spouse is not considered as legal guardian.
What should I choose to apply with maintenance funds evidence in main/dependent names? Any past experience/advice?
4.While updating application for Dependants, its asking for each dependant "Do you currently have a valid visa or leave to remain as a dependant of a points-based system (PBS) migrant?"
I have filled this NO for Spouse he is main migrant in current leave to remain and YES for kids as they are dependants even in current leave to remain. Hope this is fine?
5. It now asks to submit marriage certificate and council tax as evidence. In council tax, my name is not in full. My name in passport is FN1 FN2 LN1 LN2 but in council tax its showing as FN1 LN2. Hope this is not an issue.

Kindly clarify.

Thanks and Regards
GP
Hi Sah10406/team, Request one of you to please clarify my queries related to completing the visa application form that were posted originally in the morning as the topic is getting changed by other questions related to the date of 31st July
@DMD05. Request you to Kindly wait before posting any new query on top of my request

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:51 pm

gpshenoy wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:27 pm
It is absolutely not correct! don't understand why you are trying to apply as a PBS dependant not as Tier 4, or why you say "the usual current leave to remain options were not applicable" when there is a concession specifically for someone in your situation to apply under Tier 4.

The application form for extending or switching to Tier 4 is here:
https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/ ... -this-visa

Given the level of your confusion, I would strongly recommend getting proper professional advice about your application from the international student adviser at your university. Urgently!

gpshenoy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gpshenoy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:13 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:51 pm
gpshenoy wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:27 pm
It is absolutely not correct! don't understand why you are trying to apply as a PBS dependant not as Tier 4, or why you say "the usual current leave to remain options were not applicable" when there is a concession specifically for someone in your situation to apply under Tier 4.

The application form for extending or switching to Tier 4 is here:
https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/ ... -this-visa

Given the level of your confusion, I would strongly recommend getting proper professional advice about your application from the international student adviser at your university. Urgently!
Hi sah10406,
Thank you for your reply. I am applying under the T4 application switch/extend link only. My question (1) refers to the field under the "Current status" section in the application form. Apologies If it created a confusion.

What type of visa or leave to remain do you have? PBS DEPENDANT LEAVE TO REMAIN (this is the name on my current BRP Card)
What is the start date of your current visa or leave to remain? DD-MM-2017
What is the end date of your current visa or leave to remain? DD-MM-2020

Hope this clarifies.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:44 am

gpshenoy wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:13 pm
I am applying under the T4 application switch/extend link only. My question (1) refers to the field under the "Current status" section in the application form. Apologies If it created a confusion.

What type of visa or leave to remain do you have? PBS DEPENDANT LEAVE TO REMAIN (this is the name on my current BRP Card)
What is the start date of your current visa or leave to remain? DD-MM-2017
What is the end date of your current visa or leave to remain? DD-MM-2020
Okay, although I am still not clear what you meant by "Since this is a concession option, the usual current leave to remain options were not applicable". You have chosen the option that is applicable to you, and I don't see how the concession has any bearing on that.
gpshenoy wrote:
Yes.
gpshenoy wrote:
Why are you choosing No? You say above that your maintenance is shown by a "statement in my name for me as Student/Main applicant".
gpshenoy wrote:
You seem to be really over-thinking this. What is your concern with those answers?
gpshenoy wrote:
It isn't.

gpshenoy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gpshenoy » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:50 am

Hi sah10406,

Thank you so much for patiently clarifying my queries.

For point 1, My worry was there is no place to put a note that I am applying within UK due to the COVID concessions and hence I had typed the option applicable to me (under Others) as it was not a drop-down option. Thanks for the clarification on this.

For point 3, I have chosen as YES for "Are all of the maintenance funds required for this application in a bank account with your name on it?".
As I couldn't see a similar option for dependants I had asked the query as I have spouse bank statements for dependants. But is clear now.

For point 4, indeed I had updated as applicable in my scenario (Spouse-No, Kids -Yes). No concerns on this.

Regards
GP