ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application Discussion 2022

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Muzytr
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Passport Application Discussion 2022

Post by Muzytr » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:15 pm

What do u mean keep the application?

I will go to garda tomorrow with new form and send it again.there is nothing else i can do

meself2 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:12 pm
What would be a logical solution, if the number is invalid? Keep the application until they could reach someone, which might take an extremely long time?

Talk it through with your Gardai; ask if that has been done before.

danielg003
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by danielg003 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:31 pm

I have just received my foreign birth certificate and am beginning the process of applying for my first irish passport. When it says "Applicant's passport from country of origin/previous nationality" as one of the required documents can I send them one of my older expired US passports or does it have to be one in date? It would be much more convenient for me to be able to keep my current passport as I have to travel soon and I will need my passport for that.

danielg003
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by danielg003 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:42 am

danielg003 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:31 pm
I have just received my foreign birth certificate and am beginning the process of applying for my first irish passport. When it says "Applicant's passport from country of origin/previous nationality" as one of the required documents can I send them one of my older expired US passports or does it have to be one in date? It would be much more convenient for me to be able to keep my current passport as I have to travel soon and I will need my passport for that.
I chatted with a support agent and they confirmed that you don't have to send in your actual passport which is a big relief. Funnily enough it doesn't mention the passport being a requirement of something to send in on the actual form that you print out but it does at the end of the online application process.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:54 pm

Applying for the passport... Paid online, but the next step is to send documents.
1. Where to send them?
2. What's cover page?
3. Where to do Identity Verification Form? Go to local Garda?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:11 pm

RCCar wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:54 pm
Applying for the passport... Paid online, but the next step is to send documents.
1. Where to send them?
2. What's cover page?
1) you should have a prepaid label
3) yes
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Mr_Knight
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mr_Knight » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:48 pm

RCCar wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:54 pm
1. Where to send them?
2. What's cover page?
At the end of the email "Passport Application Confirmation" there is a clickable link that directs you to the online portal where you can print your cover page & Identity Verification Form with the address of where to send them.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:59 am

Spoke to a webchat agent in preparation for a passport application. They mentioned there's an issue with verifying certified copies of naturalization certificates, so be aware and, probably, send the original!

Also, couldn't get a clear answer whether or not I can send a certified copy of my birth cert - one agent said yes (but originals preferred), another one said it has to be original. Did anyone try it out and was successful?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Cloughlinvt
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Cloughlinvt » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:49 pm

I spoke to a webchat agent in prep for my passport application once i receive my certificate in the post. I thought I'd share some of the responses in hopes it will be helpful to you:

1) your original current, in date passport from your home country will be needed so I could only advise to wait until you are back from travelling to send in your documents for the application

2) applications can only be active for 180 days in our system before it expires.

3) the turnaround is 20 working days after the documents are received \(4 week\) and documents are returned within 15 \- 20 working days after the passport is issued

4) there are still issues with the Department of Justice that won't allow us to verify the certified copies so I would advise to send the original to avoid this issue. Your original documents will all be returned to you

vincent22
Newly Registered
India

Post by vincent22 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm

Hello - Does anyone know if the Attested Statutory Declaration form is still required if I go for online application? Agent says it is not required, but I'm not sure. Kindly advise.

Also, my agent says I need to get solicitor signatures on the copies of birth certificate and passport copies, then scan the signed copies and upload. Is this correct?

Thank you
Vin

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:18 pm

vincent22 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm
Hello - Does anyone know if the Attested Statutory Declaration form is still required if I go for online application? Agent says it is not required, but I'm not sure. Kindly advise.

Also, my agent says I need to get solicitor signatures on the copies of birth certificate and passport copies, then scan the signed copies and upload. Is this correct?

Thank you
Vin
I am completely confused.
What is Attested Statutory Declaration? Where can you upload your documents?

Are you referring to naturalization? That's a passport thread.

Robbiekeane
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Robbiekeane » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:51 am

Hi everyone. I couldn’t find a 2024 version of this thread so apologies if I’ve missed it.

I have a question that seems to have come up a few times but got varying answers - I am living in the US, originally from the UK, and have a UK passport. I have just received my email saying my FBR certificate has been printed and posted which is great.

Now gathering everything for my passport, and the instructions say to send in your original foreign passport. There is no way i can do this - it has just got my US Visa printed on it and I’ll need that to come in and out of the country.

Is a certified/notarised copy okay? I could probably include a notarised copy of passport, and of UK Driving licence, as well as proofs of US address.

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:37 pm

Robbiekeane wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:51 am
Hi everyone. I couldn’t find a 2024 version of this thread so apologies if I’ve missed it.

I have a question that seems to have come up a few times but got varying answers - I am living in the US, originally from the UK, and have a UK passport. I have just received my email saying my FBR certificate has been printed and posted which is great.

Now gathering everything for my passport, and the instructions say to send in your original foreign passport. There is no way i can do this - it has just got my US Visa printed on it and I’ll need that to come in and out of the country.

Is a certified/notarised copy okay? I could probably include a notarised copy of passport, and of UK Driving licence, as well as proofs of US address.

Thanks
The DFA website states that you need:
https://www.ireland.ie/en/dfa/passports ... n%20abroad
Photographic identification.
copy of front and back of Public Services Card, or
original passport from another country, or
original National ID card from another country, or
certified copy of Driving Licence from another country,* or

certified copy of Irish Driving Licence*
You can use the highligted two I suppose. They may still ask you for foreign passport if they need to I assume.

Or you can wait till you're in the US and not plan to leave, apply for a passport then.

Stay0
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Stay0 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:28 pm

Does anyone know for passport application if it is acceptable for the Garda to certify the documents (original passport) when witnessing the identification form, or is certification by a solicitor/notary public necessary?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:03 am

Stay0 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:28 pm
Does anyone know for passport application if it is acceptable for the Garda to certify the documents (original passport) when witnessing the identification form, or is certification by a solicitor/notary public necessary?
Why do you need to certify your passport?

You either send an original passport or a copy of your PSC, no in between.

Stay0
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Stay0 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:33 am

meself2 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:03 am
Stay0 wrote:

After reviewing the discussion, I observed that some individuals have provided a certified copy of their passport. Considering the extended duration of passport processing, due to frequent work-related travel I cannot be without my original passport for an extended period of time. I’ve no issues submitting a copy of my PSC Card, but I assumed both documents were required for the new passport application.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:03 am

Stay0 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:33 am
meself2 wrote:
Stay0 wrote:

After reviewing the discussion, I observed that some individuals have provided a certified copy of their passport. Considering the extended duration of passport processing, due to frequent work-related travel I cannot be without my original passport for an extended period of time. I’ve no issues submitting a copy of my PSC Card, but I assumed both documents were required for the new passport application.
People that reside overseas are allowed to provide a certified copy; don't think that's an option for someone who is residing in Ireland.
You don't have to send your original passport, certified color copy of PSC card will do, but if you do want to send the passport, you need to send an original.

timfountain
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by timfountain » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:30 am

ESCJack wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:27 am
Hi everyone - looking for some recent insights.

Out of curiosity does anyone know if first-time passport applications are taking longer than the 'estimated' 20 working days? :|
Oh yes, they certainly are. My docs were received Nov 4th 2023. My passport book and card were issued Feb 26th 2024. I had to resubmit my witness application form 4 times, at a cost of $80 for tracked USSP delivery each time, on top of the cost of the passport application.... And now they stuck at the ISC New York. Maddening delays are the norm apparently.

timfountain
Newly Registered
United States of America

ESCJack wrote:

Out of curiosity does anyone know if first-time passport applications are taking longer than the 'estimated' 20 working days? :|
Oh yes, they certainly are. My docs were received Nov 4th 2023. My passport book and card were issued Feb 26th 2024. I had to resubmit my witness application form 4 times, at a cost of $80 for tracked USSP delivery each time, on top of the cost of the passport application.... And now they stuck at the ISC New York. Maddening delays are the norm apparently.

timfountain
Newly Registered
United States of America

ESCJack wrote:

sairsint
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:57 am

meself2 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:03 am
Stay0 wrote:
meself2 wrote:
Stay0 wrote:

People that reside overseas are allowed to provide a certified copy; don't think that's an option for someone who is residing in Ireland.
You don't have to send your original passport, certified color copy of PSC card will do, but if you do want to send the passport, you need to send an original.
All correct, but you do not need to have the copy of the PSC card certified. It can be just a standard colour copy of front and back as long as it has your picture and is still in date. This has been confirmed from several DFA online agents. They also clarified that you do not need to send in your original passport if you are resident in Ireland and have the aforementioned PSC card.

They also told me the name and address supporting documents that you also need to send must be dated within the last 12 months; it does not mention this requirement online.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:50 pm

sairsint wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:57 am
meself2 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:03 am
Stay0 wrote:
meself2 wrote:
Stay0 wrote:

All correct, but you do not need to have the copy of the PSC card certified. It can be just a standard colour copy of front and back as long as it has your picture and is still in date. This has been confirmed from several DFA online agents. They also clarified that you do not need to send in your original passport if you are resident in Ireland and have the aforementioned PSC card.

They also told me the name and address supporting documents that you also need to send must be dated within the last 12 months; it does not mention this requirement online.
Interesting; I asked about supporting documentation in the webchat and they said 6 months.