ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR ( M) Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

FLR ( M) Extension

Post by Manugmedia » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:45 am

Hi Everyone,
I trust you are all keeping well.
Sorry to be a pain, but i have come to a point i have to seek your thoughts having need to renew my FLR M visa.
If anyone could help, my spouse visa runs out on 13 April this year. Am i right to think i need to make an application after 17 March to be within the 28 days limit?
Also do i need to get this
1: A current letter from employer even though i have the original work contact and still working permanent in the same company. I have payslips and Bank statements and meets the earning threshold.
2 : We are letting a three bed terraced house and have a tenancy agreement with only me and miss are the only named tenants on the contract as we only live both. Do i have to get a property agency letter to say its not a crowded accommodation or a property inspection report to confirm the accommodation is adequate?

Thanks for taking your time to share your knowledge.

Kind Regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR ( M) Extension

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:53 am

Manugmedia wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:45 am
Hi Everyone,
I trust you are all keeping well.
Sorry to be a pain, but i have come to a point i have to seek your thoughts having need to renew my FLR M visa.
If anyone could help, my spouse visa runs out on 13 April this year. Am i right to think i need to make an application after 17 March to be within the 28 days limit? When did you enter UK with your initial spouse visa?
Also do i need to get this
1: A current letter from employer even though i have the original work contact and still working permanent in the same company. I have payslips and Bank statements and meets the earning threshold. You get a letter from employer
that confirms the following:
-you or your partner are employed there
-the job title or position you or your partner hold
-how long you or your partner have worked there
-the type of contract (for example, permanent, fixed term)
-what you or your partner earn before tax and National Insurance
-how long you or your partner have been paid your current salary
-the payslips are genuine

2 : We are letting a three bed terraced house and have a tenancy agreement with only me and miss are the only named tenants on the contract as we only live both. Do i have to get a property agency letter to say its not a crowded accommodation or a property inspection report to confirm the accommodation is adequate? No, upload the tenancy agreement, correspondence to you and spouse 6 if both named on the letters or 12 if individually named.

Thanks for taking your time to share your knowledge.

Kind Regards

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:25 pm

Hi, Thanks for your reply.
My BRP was issued on July 2020 and i entered the UK on September 2020.

Kind Regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:39 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:25 pm
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
My BRP was issued on July 2020 and i entered the UK on September 2020.

Kind Regards
You can make the FLRM application from 2.5years less 28days since entry date into UK using your initial spouse visa

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:53 pm

Thanks AmazonianX
If i am right, from 10 Sep 2020 i added 2 Years 6 Months which works out to 10th March this year. Am i correct to say i DONT have to apply before 10th March but I have to before my BRP Expiry on 13th April.
Sorry to be a pain just dont want to make stupid mistake.

Kind Regards

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:40 am

Hi All,
Another question is the about finances, i have gone through the finance section and i am confused, as i thought when applying for FLR (M) you can use can use your own income if you meet the threshold which i clearly do but the form is asking me for my Wife's earnings as well and to provide employer letter with 6 months payslips and bank statement for me and then for her.
Also i thought its Gross pay not Net pay that you use, No big deal as either of us meet both but i am confused about the question. If anyone can enlighten me how to answer it. Please see attached

Kind Regards
Attachments
Screenshot from 2023-02-16 01-06-02.png
Screenshot from 2023-02-16 01-06-02.png (129.13 KiB) Viewed 1351 times

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:03 am

Manugmedia wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:53 pm
Thanks AmazonianX
If i am right, from 10 Sep 2020 i added 2 Years 6 Months which works out to 10th March this year. Am i correct to say i DONT have to apply before 10th March but I have to before my BRP Expiry on 13th April.

Kind Regards
Eligible to apply from 10th February 2023 till the BRP expiry date.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:09 am

Manugmedia wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:40 am
Hi All,
Another question is the about finances, i have gone through the finance section and i am confused, as i thought when applying for FLR (M) you can use can use your own income if you meet the threshold which i clearly do but the form is asking me for my Wife's earnings as well and to provide employer letter with 6 months payslips and bank statement for me and then for her. Yes that is my understanding however viewing the attachment indicates otherwise. Can you check earlier questions o finances to see if you selected an option or the other indicating spouse's income is what you will use and not yours?
Also i thought its Gross pay not Net pay that you use, No big deal as either of us meet both but i am confused about the question. If anyone can enlighten me how to answer it. Please see attached

Kind Regards
I let mods and more knowledgeable persons attend to you on this.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:13 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:03 am
Manugmedia wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:53 pm
Thanks AmazonianX

Kind Regards
Eligible to apply from 10th February 2023 till the BRP expiry date.
Thank You AmazonianX! you are a Gem. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge here.

Kind Regards

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:03 am

Manugmedia wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:40 am
Hi All,
Another question is the about finances, i have gone through the finance section and i am confused, as i thought when applying for FLR (M) you can use can use your own income if you meet the threshold which i clearly do but the form is asking me for my Wife's earnings as well and to provide employer letter with 6 months payslips and bank statement for me and then for her.

Kind Regards
The form would ask about your earnings and that of your spouse. If you meet the earning requirements all by yourself, then provide letter from your company for yourself alone.
The screenshot doesn't say letter for both of you.
Letter from Employer or Employers. Shortened to Employer(s).
Some families have combined income to meet the threshold, those are the ones that need letters from both employers. Not you in this case, as explained to you by AmazonianX.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:21 pm

Thank You Ticktack
Could anyone please advise if the following documents i have prepared would suffice or i need to change anything? Just getting a bit nervous as i am applying next week. Forgot to mention Wife is a British citizen. Thanks
Untitled 11-page-1.jpg
Untitled 11-page-1.jpg (62.39 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
Thanks Everyone for you help, really appreciate this forum.

Kind Regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:40 am

Manugmedia wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:21 pm
Thank You Ticktack
Could anyone please advise if the following documents i have prepared would suffice or i need to change anything? Just getting a bit nervous as i am applying next week. Forgot to mention Wife is a British citizen. Thanks

Untitled 11-page-1.jpg

Thanks Everyone for you help, really appreciate this forum.

Kind Regards
Simply put, what you need is 6 documents in joint name, 12 documents if individually addressed covering last 2years preceeding the application spaced 3-4months apart.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:00 pm

Thank you AmazonianX,

I have made the application yesterday and booked for Biometrics, but the only appointment i could get was 5 days after my BRP expiry date.
The problem is my current employer has asked for a share code to check right to work before the expiry date of my BRP. I know section 3C of the immigration act has kicked in since the application was made in time and i had no restrictions to work on the current visa. I also know they can use Employer Checking Service but iam confused which refence number they need.
Does anyone know if its the Unique Application Number on the application form or is it the Reference Number on the payment confirmation email starting UKVI_XXXXX that i need to give for them to use ECS?

Also since i just made the application yesterday, how long should they wait before doing the check using ECS? (i have seen some sites saying wait 14 days). I am worried if they do it too quick it might come back negative.
Anyone who has been in this circumstance?

PS the reason i didn't want to apply too early is not to miss timimg as iam on 5 Year route.

Thanks You all.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:26 am

Manugmedia wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:00 pm
Thank you AmazonianX,

I have made the application yesterday and booked for Biometrics, but the only appointment i could get was 5 days after my BRP expiry date.
The problem is my current employer has asked for a share code to check right to work before the expiry date of my BRP. I know section 3C of the immigration act has kicked in since the application was made in time and i had no restrictions to work on the current visa. I also know they can use Employer Checking Service but iam confused which refence number they need.
Below are examples of what can be used as ref:
Home Office application reference number
BRP document
passport number (current or expired)
Any tracking reference number

Does anyone know if its the Unique Application Number on the application form or is it the Reference Number on the payment confirmation email starting UKVI_XXXXX that i need to give for them to use ECS?

Also since i just made the application yesterday, how long should they wait before doing the check using ECS? (i have seen some sites saying wait 14 days). I am worried if they do it too quick it might come back negative.
Anyone who has been in this circumstance?

PS the reason i didn't want to apply too early is not to miss timimg as iam on 5 Year route.

Thanks You all.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:59 am

Thank You AmazonianX,
You are a Legend. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.

Kind Regards

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:06 am

Hi All,
I think i made a mistake, i submitted my application on the 28th and has the letter of employment signed today 31st. My question is can supporting documents be dated after the application submission date? :? :?