ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot to add middle name

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hamza127
Pakistan

Forgot to add middle name

Post by Hamza127 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:34 am

Hello everyone and Moderators. I just made an application for ILR online and stupidly forgot to add my middle name in my application. All my documents reflect that middle name. What do you suggest I do, can they refuse my application because of this ? I’ve read here and there about attaching a cover letter, how would that work for an online application. Shall I just upload to the other section of UKVCAS “upload documents”. My biometrics are a week from now, do you suggest I try there and tell them to amend this error. Your feedback and help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Forgot to add middle name

Post by Ticktack » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:17 am

Hamza127 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:34 am
Hello everyone and Moderators. I just made an application for ILR online and stupidly forgot to add my middle name in my application. All my documents reflect that middle name. What do you suggest I do, can they refuse my application because of this ? I’ve read here and there about attaching a cover letter, how would that work for an online application. Shall I just upload to the other section of UKVCAS “upload documents”. My biometrics are a week from now, do you suggest I try there and tell them to amend this error. Your feedback and help is highly appreciated. Thank you.
I suppose you've printed out the form you filled. Re-write your name properly and re-upload it into "other section" with a note saying;
Name on form: James Bond. Full name: James Edward Bond. It's such a minute error and would have no effect on your application.

But every uploaded file and covernote would be looked at and processed as part of your application.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Hamza127
Pakistan

Post by Hamza127 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:15 pm

Thank you for your reply. I haven’t printed out the form neither have I attached it on UKVCAS. Are we meant to attach it ? And so do you recommended I print it out and do as you have guided ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:22 pm

Are we meant to attach it ?
No.
And so do you recommended I print it out and do as you have guided ?
Simply write a covering letter explaining the mistake briefly and upload with your documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hamza127
Pakistan

Post by Hamza127 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:47 pm

Will do, thank you so much.

Hamza127
Pakistan

Post by Hamza127 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:27 am

Another question sorry, in terms of supporting documents. Are we meant to upload in the “other” section or in the exact section for example my proof of address, would it go into other or in the “proof of residence” section. Just want to know if it makes a huge difference where we upload or impacts desicion time. For reference I’m applying for ilr as a t1 dependent, my father has a British passport now.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:35 am

Hamza127 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:27 am
Another question sorry, in terms of supporting documents. Are we meant to upload in the “other” section or in the exact section for example my proof of address, would it go into other or in the “proof of residence” section. Just want to know if it makes a huge difference where we upload or impacts desicion time. For reference I’m applying for ilr as a t1 dependent, my father has a British passport now.
No, it does not matter under what section you upload, the CW will check everything. The most important thing is to ensure you upload all your supporting documentations.