ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mitonman2022
Newly Registered

Citizenship ceremony question

Post by Mitonman2022 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:13 pm

Hello, and Apologies if this question been asked numerous times. I could not think of any specific key word to search about it.

I only received an invitation from local council that they have booked me a ceremony for citizenship, but I never received an approval email from home office. Can someone please advise whether I need approval email from home office for this ceremony or should the email that I received from local council will be sufficient?

Many thanks for your help.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Citizenship ceremony question

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:25 pm

If the council booked you in already then they have your certificate.
You will get the Home Office email in a few days - there have been posts where members got the email after the ceremony.
I'm sure someone can confirm - but you application has been approved if the council got your certificate.
Take your ID to the ceremony in any case.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Mitonman2022
Newly Registered

Post by Mitonman2022 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:59 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:25 pm
If the council booked you in already then they have your certificate.
You will get the Home Office email in a few days - there have been posts where members got the email after the ceremony.
I'm sure someone can confirm - but you application has been approved if the council got your certificate.
Take your ID to the ceremony in any case.

Amazing, thanks

indostep01
Newly Registered
Congo Democratic Republic

Post by indostep01 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:36 am

You will receive the HO approval email. It happened to me as well. I received an email from the Council on Thursday 23rd of March about the ceremony. Only received the HO email yesterday the 27th of March.

Mitonman2022
Newly Registered

Post by Mitonman2022 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:59 pm

indostep01 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:36 am
You will receive the HO approval email. It happened to me as well. I received an email from the Council on Thursday 23rd of March about the ceremony. Only received the HO email yesterday the 27th of March.
Ok, thanks. I emailed citizenship support yesterday so hopefully someone get back, I don’t think there is anything else that I can do. I am booked for private citizenship ceremony on 3rd, hopefully home office approval will arrive before that, even if it does not arrive by then, I will go for my ceremony with council and see what happens.

Mitonman2022
Newly Registered

Post by Mitonman2022 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:45 pm

Finally, email arrived as well today so it all appears to be fine for now until next hurdle comes.

indostep01
Newly Registered
Congo Democratic Republic

Post by indostep01 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:38 am

I am happy for you. I hope the ceremony went well