ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tonyc
South Africa

FLR(M) Extension

Post by tonyc » Mon May 29, 2023 3:35 pm

Hi

Entry visa for 33 months expires shortly on 3 Aug 2023
Want to submit application for extension on 9 Jul 2023 ( 25 days before expiry date )
Do not have 6 months payslips as only started working in May 2023 so could only produce 2 payslips for May and June.
Overall annual salary is greater than 18600 UK pounds
Is it possible to meet the financial requirements for this scenario

Rgds

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) Extension

Post by AmazonianX » Mon May 29, 2023 6:49 pm

tonyc wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 3:35 pm
Hi

Entry visa for 33 months expires shortly on 3 Aug 2023
Want to submit application for extension on 9 Jul 2023 ( 25 days before expiry date )
Do not have 6 months payslips as only started working in May 2023 so could only produce 2 payslips for May and June.
Overall annual salary is greater than 18600 UK pounds
Is it possible to meet the financial requirements for this scenario

Rgds
Prior to the current job, in the past year were you employed?
Your partner's income, payslips and bank statements can be used to meet the financial requirements.

tonyc
South Africa

Post by tonyc » Tue May 30, 2023 4:55 am

No I was not employed prior to the current job
Only started working in May 2023 and that will be a partial months payments as only started 10th May
Partner also will have only 5 months payslips as she started late Feb 2023

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue May 30, 2023 8:34 am

tonyc wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 4:55 am
No I was not employed prior to the current job
Only started working in May 2023 and that will be a partial months payments as only started 10th May
Partner also will have only 5 months payslips as she started late Feb 2023
If minimum gross income of partner for the year is £18,600 I.e. £1550/month you may want to wait for their 6th month payslip and account statements before applying else you are likely to be denied n on longer pathway.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed May 31, 2023 11:04 pm

You may want to consider if you can meet the financial requirement under category B.

If when combined, the applicant"s and their spouse's income in their current jobs meets the £18,600 threshold, the first part is met.

For the second part, if both of them combined have been paid at least £18,600 in the 12 months before the application date, they can meet the requirement. The payslips in the same 12 months and the bank statements showing receipt of the income will need to be submitted.

See 6.3 and Example (d) in this link.

Neither of them need to have been in their employment for at least six months to use this category.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

tonyc
South Africa

Post by tonyc » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:16 pm

Hi

Can I please get some advice regarding the following
I believe that you are not allowed to leave the country while you are waiting for a decision on an FLR (M) extension and if you do it will invalidate the application

Applicant is an airline pilot and leaves the country on a regular basis as part of his job
Should he mention this in his application

Normally he only uses his crew card when he comes in and out but just concerned that they ask for his BRP and that will have expired

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:02 pm

tonyc wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:16 pm
Hi

Can I please get some advice regarding the following
I believe that you are not allowed to leave the country while you are waiting for a decision on an FLR (M) extension and if you do it will invalidate the application correct

Applicant is an airline pilot and leaves the country on a regular basis as part of his job
Should he mention this in his application Yes I

Normally he only uses his crew card when he comes in and out but just concerned that they ask for his BRP and that will have expired
Previous question on financial requirements: how are you meeting that?

So far an in time application is made, you retain same rights as you had with your status even when BRP has expired. However the pertinent bit is that of having to use the border while application is being processed.
There is no absence requirements on spouse visa route, leave to MOD and knowledgeable persons on jobs exempted from absence days if it applies here as an air pilot.

tonyc
South Africa

Post by tonyc » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:16 am

Decided to not risk the category B and apply under Category D cash savings , Was just concerned that cash savings was in an ISA account but bank has confirmed that it is a online flexi saver account with instant access to the money . There is more than 62500 UK pounds throughout the 6 month period prior to application and my 2 children are both British Citizens along with my wife. As I only entered UK on 20 Jan 2021 and 2yrs 6 months and 4 days is only achieved on Mon 24 July 2023 I will submit the application on that date and hopefully apply for the super priority service if it is available. My BRP expires on 3 Aug 2021 and assuming that I can get an express service at UKVCAS for the biometric appointment I should hopefully get this all over with in a reasonable time frame.

Thanks for all your input - it really helps take some of the stress away

tonyc
South Africa

Post by tonyc » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:18 am

Apologies - should read my BRP expires on 3 Aug 2023

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:11 am

tonyc wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:16 am
Decided to not risk the category B and apply under Category D cash savings , Was just concerned that cash savings was in an ISA account but bank has confirmed that it is a online flexi saver account with instant access to the money . There is more than 62500 UK pounds throughout the 6 month period prior to application and my 2 children are both British Citizens along with my wife. As I only entered UK on 20 Jan 2021 and 2yrs 6 months and 4 days is only achieved on Mon 24 July 2023 I will submit the application on that date and hopefully apply for the super priority service if it is available. My BRP expires on 3 Aug 2021 and assuming that I can get an express service at UKVCAS for the biometric appointment I should hopefully get this all over with in a reasonable time frame.

Thanks for all your input - it really helps take some of the stress away
What you outlined above is workable.

tonyc
South Africa

Post by tonyc » Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:01 am

Using Category D Cash savings to meet the financial requirement
Bank account is in sponsors name ( my wife ) and not a joint account

Regarding two questions on the online form need to check that we are answering them properly

Online Question 1
Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people
Answer No

Online question 2
Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documents relate to another person who is to provide you financial support
Answer Yes

Does the sponsor (wife) need to upload a supporting letter that she consents to support her husband using the funds in her account

tonyc
South Africa

Post by tonyc » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:34 pm

Hi

Bank account which we rely on for cash savings is NOT the bank account that we use to pay the rent and housing costs.
We will upload the tenancy agreement and a council tax bill but do we have to upload the bank account where the rent and council tax are paid from

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:23 am

tonyc wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:34 pm
Hi

Bank account which we rely on for cash savings is NOT the bank account that we use to pay the rent and housing costs.
We will upload the tenancy agreement and a council tax bill but do we have to upload the bank account where the rent and council tax are paid from

Thanks
If it is not a problem upload it.

tonyc
South Africa

Post by tonyc » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:54 pm

Thanks AmazonianX

Can you please confirm if the following is true

Although still in the regulations, uploading electronic copies of bank statements downloaded from your bank’s website are accepted without a letter or stamp.

Rgds

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:47 pm

tonyc wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:54 pm
Thanks AmazonianX

Can you please confirm if the following is true

Although still in the regulations, uploading electronic copies of bank statements downloaded from your bank’s website are accepted without a letter or stamp.

Rgds
Correct for those that are same as what you will normally receive by post.

tonyc
South Africa

Post by tonyc » Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:36 pm

Hi AmazonianX

This is a really tricky one as we never receive statements in the post and bank insists that only way is to download them from their portal and they don't have a stamp and will not give us a letter. Really worried that caseworker rejects the application as regulations are regulations that must be complied with. Bank says that they could send us an email on the date of application confirming the amount in the bank at that date but just concerned that this will not satisfy the current rules in Appendix FM-SE

Rgds

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:47 pm

They do not need to be stamped or accompanied by a letter from the bank.

The downloaded statements are fine to use.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tonyc
South Africa

Post by tonyc » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:18 am

Need some advice regarding dates and timings

Reason I ask is that mortgage application is stalled as they want to see that an extension is approved beyond 3 Aug 2023 which is expiry date of current visa so need to figure out earliest date i can submit my application and will need to get super priority to make sure that i get an answer quickly. Here are the parameters.
Arrived in UK on 20 Jan 2021 so 2 years and 6 months takes us to 20 Jul 2023. As soon as I submit the application for payment does that mean that the renewed visa start date if approved will be from that date or is the start date 1 day after the biometrics appointment i.e the date that UKVCAS submitted application
after i have attended the biometrics appointment or is the start date 1 day after the expiry of the current visa.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:23 am

The new visa start date is from the date the application is approved. It is NOT a start date tagged onto the expiry date of the last visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tonyc
South Africa

Post by tonyc » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:37 am

Thanks for the reply

So If I that is the case we could submit the application next week , pay for the IHS supplement and only choose a biometric appointment on the 20 Jul 2023 so that approval can only be from 21 July 2023 if we could get super priority thus avoiding the 5 year catch

tonyc
South Africa

Post by tonyc » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:24 pm

As I said timings are critical as we do not want the mortgage application to be in limbo so we need to ensure that we get an extension that ensures that we can apply for ILR and that we have been in UK for the full 5 years when we apply for ILR

Can someone please advise if the following would work
Arrived in UK on 20 Jan 2021
Visa expires 3 Aug 2023
Submit application tomorrow ( more than 28 days before 3 Aug 2023 ) assuming that we get super priority
Book biometric appointment for ON OR AFTER 21 Jul 2023 which means that approval can only be obtained after that date and we would have been in UK for 2 yrs 6 months and 1 day on 21 July

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:02 am

tonyc wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:24 pm
As I said timings are critical as we do not want the mortgage application to be in limbo so we need to ensure that we get an extension that ensures that we can apply for ILR and that we have been in UK for the full 5 years when we apply for ILR

Can someone please advise if the following would work
Arrived in UK on 20 Jan 2021
Visa expires 3 Aug 2023
Submit application tomorrow ( more than 28 days before 3 Aug 2023 ) assuming that we get super priority
Book biometric appointment for ON OR AFTER 21 Jul 2023 which means that approval can only be obtained after that date and we would have been in UK for 2 yrs 6 months and 1 day on 21 July

Thanks
You are eligible to apply 28days before completing 30months in UK counting from entry period.
Therefore you were eligible since 22 June 2023 to apply FLRM.

tonyc
South Africa

Post by tonyc » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:51 am

Thanks for the clarification regarding the 28 days
Was just concerned that if we submit and pay for the application today and do indeed get super priority then if we arranged a biometric appointment BEFORE 21 July 2023 the approval date and the start of the extension visa would be before we have been in the UK for 30 months . Sorry to be a pain but can you reassure us that if we submit and pay today and choose a biometric appointment for 21 July 2023 or beyond we will be OK for the 5 years. Reason I ask is that the application question "time lived in UK" would be 2 years 5 months and 13 days. I think that is doesnt ask for days so we could say 2 years and 6 months - would that be OK as it is actually not correct.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:13 am

tonyc wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:51 am
Thanks for the clarification regarding the 28 days
Was just concerned that if we submit and pay for the application today and do indeed get super priority then if we arranged a biometric appointment BEFORE 21 July 2023 the approval date and the start of the extension visa would be before we have been in the UK for 30 months . Sorry to be a pain but can you reassure us that if we submit and pay today and choose a biometric appointment for 21 July 2023 or beyond we will be OK for the 5 years. Reason I ask is that the application question "time lived in UK" would be 2 years 5 months and 13 days. I think that is doesnt ask for days so we could say 2 years and 6 months - would that be OK as it is actually not correct.
You will be fine, decision date that will be advantageous to applicant will be used including bringing forward 28days from previous leave to ensure no shortfall towards ILR SET M.
Mods can correct or affirm this.

tonyc
South Africa

Post by tonyc » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:22 am

Are you saying that we could apply today and hopefully get super priority and still book a biometric appointment for next week meaning that a decision would be done next week but the first date of the new visa would be after 21 July