ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child early ILR possibility check

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kartisar
India

child early ILR possibility check

Post by kartisar » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:59 pm

hi,

my son is on child family visa born outside uk , he is in uk last 7+ years. he was on tier 2 dependant visa for 4 years then now on child visa . i switched to long residency and applied for their family visa.

i come accross on following link with following line

You can include time you’ve spent on any other visas which lead to indefinite leave to remain. You must have had a visa based on your private life for at least one year on the day you apply.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-indefinite-lea ... ligibility

my question is as his previous visa was leading to ilr can he apply for ilr upon finishing year on current child family visa

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: child early ILR possibility check

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:21 am

kartisar wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:59 pm
hi,

my son is on child family visa born outside uk , he is in uk last 7+ years. he was on tier 2 dependant visa for 4 years then now on child visa . i switched to long residency and applied for their family visa.

i come accross on following link with following line

You can include time you’ve spent on any other visas which lead to indefinite leave to remain. You must have had a visa based on your private life for at least one year on the day you apply.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-indefinite-lea ... ligibility

my question is as his previous visa was leading to ilr can he apply for ilr upon finishing year on current child family visa

You must have had a visa based on your private life for at least one year on the day you apply.
...he is on family visa, at least private life for 1year on day og application is a MUST

kartisar
India

Post by kartisar » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:39 pm

thanks

is there anyother requirements for child

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:39 pm

Such a child needs 5 years under the private life route to qualify. The 7 years refers to the min length of the total time the child has been in the UK, the last 5 years of which must have been under the private life. People under the family route do not benefit at all.

Such a child simply will settle when your spouse settles :!:

See: indefinite-leave-to-remain/new-visa-ilr ... l#p2073255
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice