ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First adult British passport - passport printed, what happens next?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

matlau_2862
Newly Registered
Mood:

First adult British passport - passport printed, what happens next?

Post by matlau_2862 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:53 am

I am currently in the process of applying for my first adult British passport. According to HMPO my passport has been printed. And I wonder what happens next i.e. the delivery of the British passport. Should I expect an email notification from one of the delivery partners e.g. TNT, Royal Mail etc. with a tracking reference? Or, would the passport simply be delivered to my post box?

Accordingly to other posts, different people seem to have difference experience.

Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: First adult British passport - passport printed, what happens next?

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:07 am

You may or may not get a delivery notification. It may just drop into your letterbox. Documents are sent separately a few days after passport.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: First adult British passport - passport printed, what happens next?

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:34 am

matlau_2862 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:53 am
I am currently in the process of applying for my first adult British passport. According to HMPO my passport has been printed. And I wonder what happens next i.e. the delivery of the British passport. Should I expect an email notification from one of the delivery partners e.g. TNT, Royal Mail etc. with a tracking reference? Or, would the passport simply be delivered to my post box?

Accordingly to other posts, different people seem to have difference experience. As you rightly noted, experience differs, no standard expectation so can be any of what you observed.

Thank you!