ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS Medical Records as Proof of Residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

berrycrumble
Newly Registered
Romania

NHS Medical Records as Proof of Residence

Post by berrycrumble » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:55 pm

Hi all,

I'm an EU citizen applying for naturalisation via the ILR + 1 year route. I've been in the UK since 2017, studying and working.

It's very hard for me to find letters from my first year in the UK, as I have lived in a dodgy house share. I have a house contract, but no letters on my name.

I have requested all my NHS medical data and history in hopes of getting at least proof that I registered at the GP surgery. The records are extremely detailed in terms of dates and show that I registered in 2017, but also hold a lot of information I do not want to share with the Home Office about my medical history.

Do I still need to add these NHS documents? They're not letters per say, but a literal history of my medical visits, prescriptions and mental health state (which I REALLY don't want to share). If I have to share them, am I at least allowed to blur the medical examination details?

The documents I've submitted so far are:

- Payslips & Work contracts from 2017-now
- All my tenancy agreements from 2017 - now
- Letters from universities which state I was in full-time in person education between 2017-2021
- Settled & Pre-settled acceptance letters
- All passports and IDs used to enter UK
- HMRC employment history

Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: NHS Medical Records as Proof of Residence

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:06 pm

Don’t you have any P60s?
You don’t need multiple documents proving the same year.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

berrycrumble
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by berrycrumble » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:12 pm

I don't have any P60s, just payslips from that time but they don't have my address on them :(

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:14 pm

As you said you were studying, could you ask your school/university a letter that states you were studying there, with dates and your address?
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

berrycrumble
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by berrycrumble » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:20 pm

I've already requested a letter to confirm that I was studying and it took over 4 months, they're very slow unfortunately. The letter they sent confirm that I was in the UK studying full time between 2017 and 2020.

Is it necessary to prove with official letters where I was living in this period then?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:08 pm

This is not about proving your address history though lots of documents have your address on anyway.
Try and provide "official type" documents (not bills or bank statements).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:13 pm

There isn't a requirement to prove exactly where you were living, just that you lived in the UK. There is no need for tenancy agreements or work contracts as those are not accepted pieces of evidence anyway. You also don't need to supply your work history through HMRC. I would say the letter from the university is OK (if it is on official letterheaded paper, eg it has the university logo on it). Letters from employers don't have your address on them either but they are accepted.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.