ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

National insurance number?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

ehaff93221
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

National insurance number?

Post by ehaff93221 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:26 pm

I am in the uk for less than six months as part of a graduate training program. Because it is under six months I don't get a brp, but the uk employer wants a national insurance number or something similar. Does anyone know what I can do for this?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: National insurance number?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:38 pm

ehaff93221 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:26 pm
I am in the uk for less than six months as part of a graduate training program. Because it is under six months I don't get a brp, but the uk employer wants a national insurance number or something similar. Does anyone know what I can do for this?
https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insur ... w-to-apply

But the employer can set you up withou NI number, they should know that - it will take time to apply!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ehaff93221
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by ehaff93221 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:58 pm

Thank you

John27
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by John27 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:55 pm

Certainly, you can start employment without a National Insurance (NI) number. Your employer can assist with the necessary arrangements, and you can apply for the NI number afterward, ensuring a smooth process