ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application rejected

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vindorix
Newly Registered

Application rejected

Post by vindorix » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi. I would like some help please. I sent in my neutralisation application in may 23 2015 after completing all the required tests. I have recently recieved (sept 2015) an answer that my application was refused,because of not suppying enough information about the last year (2014-2015 work contract). I had a series of operations and i was not aware of the letter my non english speaking friend signed for. After i read the letter i immediately sent the required documents to the home office with the 80£ of reconsideration fee (that was 1 week after the deadline they gave me to sendt the additional info). Since then i have recived a cheque (remittance advice) for 80£ but nothing else. Im a bit confused now whats is happening. Does this mean my application is refused? If so,why my paperwork is not being sent back? If it is approoved why i had no answer for 2 months? Please somebody help.

torikelly91
BANNED

Re: Application rejected

Post by torikelly91 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:12 pm

There is no time frame for reconsiderations.
It takes as long as it takes.
The fact they have provided you with a receipt for the £80 MAY mean that they MAY accept it but if not then you don't get the £80 back.

You will hear from HO when they're ready..Just carry on as normal :)

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:38 pm

So, when an application is refused they usually send all relevant documentation back with it i.e.
1. For NCS: you only get LIFE in UK certificate back
2. For postal: you get everything back that you sent to the home office.

What method did you use?

Since your application for re-consideration, did the £80 fee get deducted from your account? If so - then your application is in re-consideration. Did you use recorded delivery and get confirmation that your reconsideration application was received ?

If not then you need to contact the Home Office - try writing to them rather than email.

hope this helps.
all is well that ends well

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:10 pm

vindorix wrote:Since then i have recived a cheque (remittance advice) for 80£ but nothing else. Im a bit confused now whats is happening. Does this mean my application is refused? If so,why my paperwork is not being sent back? If it is approoved why i had no answer for 2 months? Please somebody help.
Do you men you have had £80 returned to you by HO?

If so they appear to have refused or cancelled something.

For example, if a naturalisation application is refused the unfortunate applicant will only receive a refund for the ceremony part of the fee (which is £80).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

vindorix
Newly Registered

Post by vindorix » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:30 pm

ali_hsn wrote:So, when an application is refused they usually send all relevant documentation back with it i.e.

What method did you use?

Since your application for re-consideration, did the £80 fee get deducted from your account? If so - then your application is in re-consideration. Did you use recorded delivery and get confirmation that your reconsideration application was received ?

If not then you need to contact the Home Office - try writing to them rather than email.

hope this helps.
Hi. I have recieved only a cheque from the home office what they called remittance advice. They did not send me back my payslips or contract of employment for the year last year they claimed to be missing. I have tried to contact them alredy via phone (cant connect you to an actual person as everything is dealt with by post),also wrote them mails,never got a reply. Can i get in touch with a solicitor? I dont think ist fair as i have fulfilled all the requirements and without my fault i was only a bit late with the last documentation.

vindorix
Newly Registered

Post by vindorix » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:37 pm

ali_hsn wrote:So, when an application is refused they usually send all relevant documentation back with it i.e.

What method did you use?

hope this helps.
Hi. I have sent the application for reconsideration by post via first class recorded delivery signed for. They asked for 80£-thats the fee for sending this an form. They deducted it from my account,but now i got the same amount back-please see attachment.

Niza_carson

Post by Niza_carson » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:53 pm

Dear Vindorix,

When you wrote "my payslips or contract of employment for the year last year ", I am assuming you are applying as an EEA national, am I right? (Asking out of curiosity as most applicants seems not to need payslips or contract when applying using ILR or PR route).

vindorix
Newly Registered

Post by vindorix » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:05 pm

Niza_carson wrote:Dear Vindorix,

When you wrote "my payslips or contract of employment for the year last year ", I am assuming you are applying as an EEA national, am I right? (Asking out of curiosity as most applicants seems not to need payslips or contract when applying using ILR or PR route).
Yes. They asked for them.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:14 am

It might help if you answer this question as there are slightly different requirements if you EEA national.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:35 am

vindorix wrote:Hi. I have sent the application for reconsideration by post via first class recorded delivery signed for. They asked for 80£-thats the fee for sending this an form. They deducted it from my account,but now i got the same amount back-please see attachment.
Until you receive any further letter of explanation (and/or documents returned) from HO its hard to say what is going on.

It seems you've either had a partial refund of naturalisation fee; (bad news as it suggests a refusal)
or
the £80 reconsideration fee has been sent back to you for some reason.

vindorix
Newly Registered

Post by vindorix » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:50 am

CR001 wrote:
It might help if you answer this question as there are slightly different requirements if you EEA national.
Yes i am an EEA national. Im having Slovakian nationality at the moment.

vindorix
Newly Registered

Post by vindorix » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:55 am

noajthan wrote:
vindorix wrote:Hi. I have sent the application for reconsideration by post via first class recorded delivery signed for. They asked for 80£-thats the fee for sending this an form. They deducted it from my account,but now i got the same amount back-please see attachment.
Until you receive any further letter of explanation (and/or documents returned) from HO its hard to say what is going on.

It seems you've either had a partial refund of naturalisation fee; (bad news as it suggests a refusal)
or
the £80 reconsideration fee has been sent back to you for some reason.
Thats exactly what i was assuming too,although there would have been a letter saying your re-consideration application has been refused as well no? Is there anything i could do? I wrote them a letter today as they are not replying to my mails,and i dont want to end up them saying:you ran out of time as its 2016 now,sorry. It means a lot to me,is there anything else i could do?

vindorix
Newly Registered

Post by vindorix » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:58 am

What method did you use?

hope this helps.
I have sent all of it by post,recorded delivery,signed for and they have deducted the money from my account about 2 weekd later. And i have recently recieved that cheque for 80£ with nothing else with it.

vindorix
Newly Registered

Post by vindorix » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:02 pm

noajthan wrote:
vindorix wrote:Since then i have recived a cheque (remittance advice) for 80£ but nothing else. Im a bit confused now whats is happening. Does this mean my application is refused? If so,why my paperwork is not being sent back? If it is approoved why i had no answer for 2 months? Please somebody help.
Do you men you have had £80 returned to you by HO?

If so they appear to have refused or cancelled something.

For example, if a naturalisation application is refused the unfortunate applicant will only receive a refund for the ceremony part of the fee (which is £80).
Yes,they have sent me a cheque for 80£,but it was not accompanied by anything else so im not sure if its a response for the actual refusal what i have recieved together with the re-consideration form,or a response for the re-consideration,but in this case where is all my stuff i have sent them?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:06 pm

vindorix wrote:Thats exactly what i was assuming too,although there would have been a letter saying your re-consideration application has been refused as well no? Is there anything i could do? I wrote them a letter today as they are not replying to my mails,and i dont want to end up them saying:you ran out of time as its 2016 now,sorry. It means a lot to me,is there anything else i could do?
It's very unfortunate, I know how frustrating it must be.

As you applied over 6 months ago you could reach out to your MP for help to see what is going on.
See http://www.ukpolitical.info/Finder.htm

With Christmas coming up not sure you would get any quicker response than just waiting for next letter from HO to arrive.
But if you need to feel you've done something (rather than just sitting & worrying) it could be the next step.

Good luck.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:39 pm

I think the answer might be simple:

1. The £80 refund cheque is from the main original application, the refund the ceremony fee only
2. Since the £80 have been collected from your bank, your application is in reconsideration.

I am still curious about the documents - they usually return the originals with the refusal letter.
all is well that ends well

vindorix
Newly Registered

Post by vindorix » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:11 pm

Thank you for all your replies. I will wait and see what happens,sent them a letter recently,hope to get a reply soon. Again,thank you all who answered me.

Attila
Newly Registered

Post by Attila » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:33 pm

Hi,

I have similar issues with my application. Did you receive any letter since your last post?
Attila