ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Certificate -Duplicate certificate timing/OCI

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gulz
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Certificate -Duplicate certificate timing/OCI

Post by gulz » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:42 am

I applied for a British Passport and sent my Indian passport and naturalisation certificate with the application. Had my interview yesterday morning. A package of documents arrived yesterday evening while I was at work and my foolish wife (am so pissed, I can't stop cussing her) felt the passport in the envelope, and thinking that it was our son's passport (which we applied for at the same time) ripped open the envelope in the centre without any consideration to what else might be in the envelope... and my misfortune for marrying her knocked me home yet again... it was not my son's passport, but my Indian passport and naturalisation certificate. And hey ho... So got ripped my naturalisation certificate in two.

Enough ranting.

Since I've already has my passport interview, I am assuming my British passport will be on its way soon. Does anyone know:
1. What are the timelines involved in getting a duplicate naturalisation certificate?
2. Do I need the naturalisation certificate for surrendering my Indian passport (VFS website says I only need a photocopy of the naturalisation certificate, which I have)?
3. Do I need the naturalisation certificate for getting an OCI (VFS website says a photocopy of naturalisation certificate will suffice)?
Last edited by gulz on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Re: Naturalisation Certificate -Duplicate certificate timing

Post by fwd079 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:27 pm

Easy there mate, I'd simply ask wife to not open any posts at all. It could happen to you as well, a user here ripped his certificate himself without any "help" from wife ;)

Anyway please click here and start your process.

About OCI try other nationalities forum section or search "OCI" as plenty on OCI here. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

gulz
Newly Registered

Post by gulz » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:41 pm

fwd079 wrote:Easy there mate, I'd simply ask wife to not open any posts at all. It could happen to you as well, a user here ripped his certificate himself without any "help" from wife ;)

Anyway please click here and start your process.

About OCI try other nationalities forum section or search "OCI" as plenty on OCI here. Good luck.
Sorry, I gotta vent my frustration somehow!

Thanks for the link. I had a look at it last night. Says nothing about the timelines, which is what my question is about!

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:12 pm

gulz wrote: Thanks for the link. I had a look at it last night. Says nothing about the timelines, which is what my question is about!
Indeed, I just did a search and very little on timelines, this post suggests six weeks and this post suggests seven weeks. Its safe to assume 6-8 weeks in my view.

Perhaps you can note your dates as well, and help others with timeline.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:00 pm

Now you have vented your anger and frustration perhaps you may wish to consider editing your original post and make it specific to the immigration issues only? We don't need to hear such derogatory comments in a public forum.

ATP1983
Newly Registered

Post by ATP1983 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:08 am

gulz wrote:I applied for a British Passport and sent my Indian passport and naturalisation certificate with the application. Had my interview yesterday morning. A package of documents arrived yesterday evening while I was at work and my foolish wife (am so pissed, I can't stop cussing her) felt the passport in the envelope, and thinking that it was our son's passport (which we applied for at the same time) ripped open the envelope in the centre without any consideration to what else might be in the envelope... and my misfortune for marrying her knocked me home yet again... it was not my son's passport, but my Indian passport and naturalisation certificate. And hey ho... So got ripped my naturalisation certificate in two.

Enough ranting.

Since I've already has my passport interview, I am assuming my British passport will be on its way soon. Does anyone know:
1. What are the timelines involved in getting a duplicate naturalisation certificate?
2. Do I need the naturalisation certificate for surrendering my Indian passport (VFS website says I only need a photocopy of the naturalisation certificate, which I have)?
3. Do I need the naturalisation certificate for getting an OCI (VFS website says a photocopy of naturalisation certificate will suffice)?

Hi

I am pretty much in the same boat as you. I have damaged my naturalisation certificate while opening the envelope. However only the Edge is torn from top to bottom and nothing of the contents. I have managed to glue it back.

How did u manage?

1)Did u order for a replacement? Its a expensive affair as I see? how long does it take
2)I have got my British passport --but will need to Surrender my Indian passport and apply for OCI-- Will damaged certifctae be a problem here.

Please advice

Thnx

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:36 am

This thread is 2 years old :!: Please don't flood the forum with the same question tagged on to dormant threads.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.