ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong place of birth on UK driving licenc. Do I tell NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrbly
Newly Registered

Wrong place of birth on UK driving licenc. Do I tell NCS

Post by mrbly » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi

I've passed my Life in the UK test and used my passport as proof of identification when registering for the test. Now I am preparing my AN form for an NCS appointment in March.

In the info pack from my local NCS, the driving licence is listed as one of the required documents. It was then that I noticed that my place of birth on my UK driving licence was wrong - it stated United Kingdom instead of Singapore.

Based on the AN guide and form, I do not need to submit my driving licence since I registered with my passport for the Life in the UK test.

Should I tell the NCS officer about this error and that I do not want it to be included in my application?

Or do I submit it anyway because I have seen in other threads that the home office will not check the place of birth on the driving licence.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 51871.html

Any advice really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Wrong place of birth on UK driving licenc. Do I tell NCS

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:47 pm

You DO NOT have to submit your drivers licence. HO do not require this if you have not used it as proof of ID for LIUK.

Correct it with DVLA in due course.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrbly
Newly Registered

Post by mrbly » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:12 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply.

At the appointment the NCS officer is bound to ask for it because their pack insists on this document.

Should I just explain why I'm not submitting it rather than refuse flatly. I know it should not influence my application if I refuse but just can't help feeling paranoid.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:29 pm

Simply state that it is not a requirement by HO if you have used your passport for LIUK.

Why complicate things with an explanation to NCS who are only 3rd party agents.

Are you sure the NCS info pack states it is mandatory? Each NCS have different requirements, which are THEIR requirements/suggestions and NOT those of HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrbly
Newly Registered

Post by mrbly » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:22 am

The pack actually stated to bring a list of documents "where appropriate". But when I queried this via email and informed them that I registered for the LIUK with my passport, they said that I should still bring in my driving licence. That's how I noticed this mistake in my driving licence.

Thanks for your help. Feel a bit more reassured that the driving licence is not necessary. I'll update as I go through the process.

mrbly
Newly Registered

Post by mrbly » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Update:
Went for my NCS appointment last week and the officer did not even ask for my driving licence.