ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming child tax credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Herotex
Newly Registered

Claiming child tax credit

Post by Herotex » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:02 pm

I'm British and my wife and five years old son are under immigration control. She has spouse visa which is written "work permitted and No recourse to public funds" but my son's visa is written "work permitted". Both of them were given two and half years of the five years route. l applied for child tax credit using my son when they arrived to the UK in 2015 and it was granted. Last year 2016 we had another baby which I called hrmc and include her in the claim. now they will be due for renewal this November 2017.
My question is, if the child tax credit I'm receiving will affect their visa extension?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Claiming child tax credit

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:02 am

No it won't affect her visa, provided you are claiming child tax credits in JOINT names with your spouse. Child benefits MUST be in YOUR name only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Herotex
Newly Registered

Re: Claiming child tax credit

Post by Herotex » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:32 pm

OK.... Thanks for the quick response