ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zusman
Pakistan

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by zusman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:29 pm

nek17fish wrote:
zusman wrote:
nek17fish wrote:Just received EEA2 for both of my parents - application sent end of Sep, COA received in a week, no interview, RC issued two days ago and received today - HO rocks, I waited for 7 months and made complaint to get my EEA2 back in 2007. They surely improved service a lot.
Wish everyone the best of luck in application!
Congrats.
You are really lucky to get Rc quick but they have not improved I'm waiting for 7 and half month now.
Hope you get your RC soon, did they mention why it took so long? It's over 6 months you need to make complaint just like what I did 7 years ago.
Can you help me out what sort of complaint you made and to who?
I wrote to MP and to solvit already but no reply and I wrote letter to homeoffice as well. they replied that your application is under consideration :(

ebefo
Newly Registered

Post by ebefo » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:34 pm

kash112 wrote:Great news ...thanks to Allah i hv recieved RC today....
applied 27 july...
interview held 7 nov ...rc issued on 12 recieved it today...i was overstayer for 6 years...
I Pray that God that answered you prayers will remember me too Insha Allah :( we could not attend the interview :(

salman451
Newly Registered

Post by salman451 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:51 pm

JohnDee wrote:
What is payment email ?? And today I received email regarding my case ID and confirmation for my application has been received and is being considered, but no COA yet ..!!!!!
The email with case id stating that the payment has been successfully processed and application will now be considered.

afontoura
Newly Registered

Post by afontoura » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:15 pm

Here is my timeline:

1st attempt
Application - 13 May 2014
Application received - 14 May 2014
Money withdraw - 20 May 2014
Confirmation of application - 22 May 2014
Certificate of application - 04 June 2014
Residence card denied - 23 June 2014
Documents received - 25 June 2014

Residence card application has been denied based on the fact that my spouse id was not valid anymore, even when we have sent a valid drive license.

2nd attempt

Application - 30 June 2014
Application received - 01 July 2014
Money withdraw - 03 July 2014
Confirmation of application - 07 July 2014
Certificate of application - 14 July 2014
Home Office visit - 21 October 2014
Residence card issued - 19 November 2014
Documents received - 22 November 2014

It's been a long journey, I've missed a lot of job opportunities because of this delay, but now we can carry on with our lives. Hope you guys receive your ASAP. :P

jobmm
Newly Registered

Post by jobmm » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Dear Friends,
I am Indian citizen, my wife is Romanian. I received my visa on November 14th via EEA 2 route , I am planning to go Romania with my wife, Do i need visa for travel??
Anybody travel with same experience?
i heard some people stopped at airport.
please send me your valuable advise.
Thanks.

jobmm
Newly Registered

Post by jobmm » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Dear Friends,
I am Indian citizen, my wife is Romanian. I received my visa on November 14th via EEA 2 route , I am planning to go Romania with my wife, Do i need visa for travel??
Thanks.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:29 pm

jobmm wrote:Dear Friends,
Thanks.
It would be best to contact the Romanian Embassy in London to make sure. I would be wary of just taking someone's advice from here. I think you won't need a visa though (as EEA2 proves free movement).

Also I'd recommend that you contact the airline after you get a reply from the Embassy to make sure that they know the process.

askim127
Newly Registered

Post by askim127 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:25 pm

Thanks.
you dont need visa and only dont forget marrige cert.... all europe free with travel you wife

mrd ben snc
Newly Registered

Post by mrd ben snc » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:24 pm

dear brothers and sisters ,I am going to fill the eea2 form am Algerian/Dutch
the immigration took my passport in the register office and the knew my wife got pregnant and gave some kind of letter with my photo and name and I did get married after that ,what documents shall I include my wife work full time and always been but I don't cos I don't have the right to work, and could you tell me what section shall I fill ,and we live with her parents ,the document is ready with me is:
-eea2 application form
-the paper they gave me instead of my passport with home office reference number
-my wife passport
-payslips she has a lot of them could you advice how many shall we send
-British gas bills on my name
-my wife bank statements
-marriage certificate
-2photograph
-letter from her job
-please help with your previous experience

mrd ben snc
Newly Registered

Post by mrd ben snc » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:25 pm

askim127 wrote:
Thanks.
you dont need visa and only dont forget marrige cert.... all europe free with travel you wife

askim127
Newly Registered

Post by askim127 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:51 pm

mrd ben snc wrote:dear brothers and sisters ,I am going to fill the eea2 form am Algerian/Dutch
the immigration took my passport in the register office and the knew my wife got pregnant and gave some kind of letter with my photo and name and I did get married after that ,what documents shall I include my wife work full time and always been but I don't cos I don't have the right to work, and could you tell me what section shall I fill ,and we live with her parents ,the document is ready with me is:
-eea2 application form
-the paper they gave me instead of my passport with home office reference number
-my wife passport
-my wife bank statements
-marriage certificate
-2photograph
-letter from her job
council you and wife name very important
water bill you and wife bill
tv licence you name
joint bank account very important you and wife name
foto

JFS
Newly Registered

Post by JFS » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:48 am

Application received by HO: 29.10.2014
Acknowledgement letter received: 05.11.2014
COA (with right to work) received 19.11.2014 (dated 16.11.2014).

Lets see how long until the RC is ready.

askim127
Newly Registered

Post by askim127 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:23 pm

JFS wrote:Application received by HO: 29.10.2014

4-6 months :(

rocksolid
Newly Registered

Post by rocksolid » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:46 pm

mrd ben snc wrote:dear brothers and sisters ,I am going to fill the eea2 form am Algerian/Dutch
-eea2 application form
-my wife passport
-my wife bank statements
-marriage certificate
-2photograph
-letter from her job
Bro, I am not sure what your letter says, assuming it is kind of a document that let you stay in uk but I don't understand why you don't have right to work and why immigration took your passport. Haven't you asked them to return your passport? No application can be processed without a passport so I'd suggest you contact them and clarify it you can apply.

You should register your wife's name on council, and utilities bill. This is a proof that you are living together.
Your and her bank should have same address as where you are living.
The Company where she is working should have same address.
This all is absolute necessary to prove you are not living away from each other.

on EEA2 Guidelines there are list of documents you require. Read through them and make sure you got what they need. That is the best way to go. Of course people here can tell additional things but make sure you got that list right first.

Next, attach pictures before and after marriage, with families, her and yours if possible.

Joint bank statement is not required, it is a good thing to have to show marriage is not fake.

Last 6 months of her payslips.

Marriage cert, if not in English then certified translation.

if letter from her employer can state that she has been married to you then this is even better. HM will see that her work knows about her relationship with you.

rocksolid
Newly Registered

Post by rocksolid » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:52 pm

Thanks.
You can go with her or join her is she is already in Romania for 90 days. It is mention on their site man. Click on Get Information on this site http://evisa.mae.ro/home.

This is your case:
"
I am the family member of a citizen of the European Union, of the European Economic Area, or of the Swiss Confederation and I cumulatively fulfil the following conditions:
- I accompany or join the citizen of the European Union, who exercises their right of residence on the territory of Romania;
- I hold a valid document that attests my residence on the territory of another member state, as a family member of the citizen of the European Union that I accompany or join on the territory of Romania.;
"

mrd ben snc
Newly Registered

Post by mrd ben snc » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:50 pm

rocksolid wrote:
-eea2 application form
-my wife passport
-my wife bank statements
-marriage certificate
-2photograph
-letter from her job
Bro, I am not sure what your letter says, assuming it is kind of a document that let you stay in uk but I don't understand why you don't have right to work and why immigration took your passport. Haven't you asked them to return your passport? No application can be processed without a passport so I'd suggest you contact them and clarify it you can apply.

You should register your wife's name on council, and utilities bill. This is a proof that you are living together.
This all is absolute necessary to prove you are not living away from each other.

on EEA2 Guidelines there are list of documents you require. Read through them and make sure you got what they need. That is the best way to go. Of course people here can tell additional things but make sure you got that list right first.

Next, attach pictures before and after marriage, with families, her and yours if possible.

Joint bank statement is not required, it is a good thing to have to show marriage is not bad quality.

if letter from her employer can state that she has been married to you then this is even better. HM will see that her work knows about her relationship with you.

hey thanks for your advice I will explain what happened ,when I entered the uk it was illegal ,and I claim asylum they gave me home office ref number but I left them and I lived in the uk till I met my wife in 2013 and we got engaged in jan2014 then I applied to the Algerian consulate for the Algerian passport, and I got it but on the legal marriage day 18 sep the immigration came and took my passport and they gave me a piece of paper have my name and photo and home office ref number
should I post that piece of paper with Ho reference number and I explain that they have my passport , I have the rest of the documents,
thanks my friend

rocksolid
Newly Registered

Post by rocksolid » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:33 pm

mrd ben snc wrote:
rocksolid wrote:
-eea2 application form
-my wife passport
-my wife bank statements
-marriage certificate
-2photograph
-letter from her job

Joint bank statement is not required, it is a good thing to have to show marriage is not bad quality.

hey thanks for your advice I will explain what happened ,when I entered the uk it was illegal ,and I claim asylum they gave me home office ref number but I left them and I lived in the uk till I met my wife in 2013 and we got engaged in jan2014 then I applied to the Algerian consulate for the Algerian passport, and I got it but on the legal marriage day 18 sep the immigration came and took my passport and they gave me a piece of paper have my name and photo and home office ref number
should I post that piece of paper with Ho reference number and I explain that they have my passport , I have the rest of the documents,
thanks my friend

I don't understand what you meant by "they gave me home office ref number but I left them" ? Where were you and what did you leave? I am assuming you did not get Asylum.

why they took your passport at wedding but did not detain you and you are not even allowed to work? why don't you call them and ask them that you want to apply for EEA2 now. Look, your case is very unusual, if you are thinking you would submit EEA2 application like this and it will go through smoothly then I am sorry but I doubt it. You need to contact Home Office and discuss your options with them.

mrd ben snc
Newly Registered

Post by mrd ben snc » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:41 am

]

thanks my friend[/quote]

I don't understand what you meant by "they gave me home office ref number but I left them" ? Where were you and what did you leave? I am assuming you did not get Asylum.

why they took your passport at wedding but did not detain you and you are not even allowed to work? why don't you call them and ask them that you want to apply for EEA2 now. Look, your case is very unusual, if you are thinking you would submit EEA2 application like this and it will go through smoothly then I am sorry but I doubt it. You need to contact Home Office and discuss your options with them.[/quote]

I did claim asylum as a palistinian with fake name , and I got refused, so I didn't go back to appeal ,I just left them I mean didn't report at the the immigration office anymore but I was alway in the uk I didnt leave the country ,I dont have the right to work since I came to the uk,the paper given from immigration is with my old HO reference number and my real name as in the passport ,and showing an my address where I live ,and saying that am allowed to stay in this country till forther information ,can I send the this paper given from the home office and I explain that the immigration have my passport
sorry abt my poor english thanks rock solid

mrd ben snc
Newly Registered

Post by mrd ben snc » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:42 am

]

thanks my friend[/quote]

why they took your passport at wedding but did not detain you and you are not even allowed to work? why don't you call them and ask them that you want to apply for EEA2 now. Look, your case is very unusual, if you are thinking you would submit EEA2 application like this and it will go through smoothly then I am sorry but I doubt it. You need to contact Home Office and discuss your options with them.[/quote]

I did claim asylum as a palistinian with fake name , and I got refused, so I didn't go back to appeal ,I just left them I mean didn't report at the the immigration office anymore but I was alway in the uk I didnt leave the country ,I dont have the right to work since I came to the uk,the paper given from immigration is with my old HO reference number and my real name as in the passport ,and showing an my address where I live ,and saying that am allowed to stay in this country till forther information ,can I send the this paper given from the home office and I explain that the immigration have my passport
sorry abt my poor english thanks rock solid

rocksolid
Newly Registered

Post by rocksolid » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:12 pm

mrc ben snsc, I can't suggest you anything I am afraid. As I said earlier, your case is unusual, you need to call home office and ask them. good luck and sorry for your situation.

mrd ben snc
Newly Registered

Post by mrd ben snc » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:29 pm

rocksolid wrote:mrc ben snsc, I can't suggest you anything I am afraid. As I said earlier, your case is unusual, you need to call home office and ask them. good luck and sorry for your situation.
any way thanks mate for your help,i will try to call them I will let you know guys what will happen .

JohnDee

Post by JohnDee » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:20 am

JFS wrote:Application received by HO: 29.10.2014

........We are in same boat buddy, I've sent my application on 29th Oct and got my COA with right to work on 21st oct dated on 18th Oct..........

And now a real long awaiting journey begans...!!!
Last edited by JohnDee on Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnDee

Post by JohnDee » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:36 am

......Got a question for helpers : once get EEA2 card(visa) does it allows to travel in EU nations or still needs a visa to go outside of The UK in EU Nations ......????

mrd ben snc
Newly Registered

Post by mrd ben snc » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:35 pm

mrd ben snc wrote:
rocksolid wrote:mrc ben snsc, I can't suggest you anything I am afraid. As I said earlier, your case is unusual, you need to call home office and ask them. good luck and sorry for your situation.
any way thanks mate for your help,i will try to call them I will let you know guys what will happen .
I called the home office and asked they said you can post the home office letter plus explain that my passport is with them
hopefully am going to send it soon :-)

Dania2014
Newly Registered

Post by Dania2014 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Alhamdullilah today I got my residence card
Many thanks for GOD Which is there whenever you ask Him

This is my EEA2 time line

Application Sent: 11-09-2014 (received by HO 12-09-2014)
COA on : 26-09-2014 (dated 23-09-2014)
Ask passport: 03-11-2014
Passport returned: 07-11-2014
Residence Card: 27-11-2014

Hope you all will get your RC as soon as possible In Sha Allah (God Wills)