ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ban for 'overstayers'.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ali Asghar
Newly Registered

Ban for 'overstayers'.

Post by Ali Asghar » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:59 am

hi i am looking for any help for my case i arrived in the UK as a visitor in 2004 and after that i never gone back. in 2010 i submitted my first FLR(o) to get the legal right to live in the UK. with that application i attached some letters from my friends in which they wrote that they know my from several years and that i am a good human being (like a character certificate) i received refusal from home office with the right of appeal. i appealed again and then almost after 5 years i received my FLR(o) reply from home office asking any additional grounds to stay in the UK. in the letter they asked me not to repeat the reasons already given. i am bit confused what kind if strong reasons shall i write them to support my application.

i will be highly thankful for any help

Regards.

Casa

Re: Ban for 'overstayers'.

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:11 pm

You have posted in another member's thread that is more than 7 years old and any advice given here will be well out of date! Post this in your own thread where you should get relevant advice.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Additional grounds to stay in the UK

Post by Wanderer » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:33 pm

Ali Asghar wrote:hi i am looking for any help for my case i arrived in the UK as a visitor in 2004 and after that i never gone back. in 2010 i submitted my first FLR(o) to get the legal right to live in the UK. with that application i attached some letters from my friends in which they wrote that they know my from several years and that i am a good human being (like a character certificate) i received refusal from home office with the right of appeal. i appealed again and then almost after 5 years i received my FLR(o) reply from home office asking any additional grounds to stay in the UK. in the letter they asked me not to repeat the reasons already given. i am bit confused what kind if strong reasons shall i write them to support my application.

Regards.
So if I broke it someone's house and remained there illegally can I apply for the legal right to live there forever?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Ali Asghar
Newly Registered

Post by Ali Asghar » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:55 pm

sorry for that i didn't realize because m new here and i don't know how to post any thread.
BTW thnx for the giving me the right direction to post a thread. i really appriciate it

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:45 pm

Ali Asghar wrote:hi i am looking for any help for my case i arrived in the UK as a visitor in 2004 and after that i never gone back. in 2010 i submitted my first FLR(o) to get the legal right to live in the UK. with that application i attached some letters from my friends in which they wrote that they know my from several years and that i am a good human being (like a character certificate) i received refusal from home office with the right of appeal. i appealed again and then almost after 5 years i received my FLR(o) reply from home office asking any additional grounds to stay in the UK. in the letter they asked me not to repeat the reasons already given. i am bit confused what kind if strong reasons shall i write them to support my application.

Regards.
Your "good character" certificate is not worth the paper it is written on, in the eyes of the UKV&I, for the simple reason that you have stayed in the UK illegally for six years. If you have worked while you were in the UK illegally, that is another immigration crime.

Being a "good human being" is not a sole requirement for coming to live in the UK anyway. I believe that the vast majority of the world's 7 billion population would qualify then.

What other grounds are there for you to stay in the UK? Do you have a family member (spouse or child) who are British citizens or resident in the UK legally? I do not suppose that you have looked into getting a Tier 2 job or becoming a student in the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Ali Asghar
Newly Registered

Post by Ali Asghar » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:59 pm

thank you so much for your advise and can you plz tell me how can i post my question in public forum? i checked everything but couldn't get the ''POST THREAD'' option.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:08 am

I have split and moved your posts so you can continue here. Top right of each sub forum is a "new topic" button which is for posting a new query.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ali Asghar
Newly Registered

Post by Ali Asghar » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:13 pm

thank you so much for splitting my post, i highly appriciate that. so if i have any family member (Spouse or Child) who is British national or stay here legally than what kind of ground i can make to reply ?
Regards

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:50 pm

Have your circumstances changed since your case was last considered? Have you married? Do you have child?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ali Asghar
Newly Registered

Post by Ali Asghar » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:21 pm

i am in a relationship but haven't married yet and she has got resident permit full work allowed and doing a part time job but she has to apply for extension within next 7-8 months. if i get married with her does it effect on her extension ? and is it a good ground for my case ?

Regards