ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP card/No time limit application. 5 & half months of waiti

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

keyow
Newly Registered

BRP card/No time limit application. 5 & half months of waiti

Post by keyow » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:44 am

Looking for advise, please read my post and will appreciate if you could advise me.
I made an application for No Time Limit / biometric residence permit card on 1st August 2015 after changing my name. I have indefinite leave to remain in the UK, when I was granted indefinite leave to remain in 2010 I was issued with immigration status document (piece of paper with my photo and my immigration status). After making change to my name in the summer of 2015 I filled in No Time Limit application, it also meant I had to send my Home Office documents and ID. The waiting is causing me alot of stress as I am without photo ID, can't work, I have only realised how important photo ID is after it was taken away.
I wrote letter to Home Office in December (6 weeks ago) and no reply, when I call UKVI Helpline I am told they can't tell me anything about my application as it is still within 6 months (on 1st February 2016 it will be 6 months since I sent my application by post)
I don't understand why it will take more than 6 months to change my name and then be issued with a biometric residence permit card. Please advise on what I should do if after 1st February 2016 my application is still pending.
Timeline:
1st August 2015 sent my application (NTL) by post.
3rd August 2015 fee of £260 taken out of my card.
8 August 2015 biometric at the post office (fingerprints and photo taken)

keyow
Newly Registered

Re: BRP card/No time limit application. 5 & half months of w

Post by keyow » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:01 pm

Update:
It is now 6 months since I made the application on 1 August 2015. I just spoke to UKVI on the phone today 8 Feb 2016, this is what they tell me:
The application normally takes upto 6 months, after the 6 months they can't tell me how long it will take after that. After explaining my problems of not being able to work I was told it is may be to do with my name change as Home Office have to carry checks (thats what she thinks as most applications are dealt within 1 or 2 months) What do they mean by checks?
The phone operator told me their job is only to give update on applications, I will receive a letter from caseworker explaining why it is taking long.
On not being able to work I was told to tell future employer to call Home Office employee checking service. The problem with that is employers don't take risks due to £5000 for employing illegal immigrants, the first question at job interview is 'Do you have passport and BRP card?' I sent all my photo ID with my application 6 months ago.

What do you think I should do? Home office don't reply to letters, the UKVI Helpline tell me they their job is to give updates on applications (they don't have answers to most of my questions). They just tell me to wait. The waiting is killing me, it is frustrating as without ID you are stuck.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:06 pm

Ask your MP to intervene on your behalf. This often gets things moving.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

keyow
Newly Registered

Post by keyow » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:54 pm

Casa wrote:Ask your MP to intervene on your behalf. This often gets things moving.
As am not British citizen (can't vote) will I be able to see my local MP?

keyow
Newly Registered

Post by keyow » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:09 pm

Received a letter from Home Office on why my application was not processed within 6 months target. They give the reason below:
"This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision. We expect to make a decision on your application once all issues have been addressed"

Anyone else received a letter with "your application raises exceptionally complex issues"? Does it mean a refusal or is it just copy and paste and everyone whose application is not dealt within 6 months target receives such letter?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:23 pm

It is a standard letter that HO issue when they are unable to process an application within the publish timeframes. You will see many people, applying for various visas, have received the exact same letter.

As you are only applying for a BRP and not an actual visa, unlikely that you will get a refusal as you already hold ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.