ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP middle name (second name) missing April 2016 UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

espuk
Newly Registered

BRP middle name (second name) missing April 2016 UK

Post by espuk » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:20 pm

To whom it may concern,

My BRP (biometric residence permit) card, was missing a middle. It only holds my first name and surname. Is middle name an optional? Or does it really need to match my passport? Would this be an issue, if I apply for citizenship in UK? I applied for a Life in the UK test and got rejected as my BRP ID had a missing middle name, and it didn't match my application online.
Any advice or help, would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

petervang

Re: BRP middle name (second name) missing April 2016 UK

Post by petervang » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi, Is your BRP for ILR status or other ? as you are talking of applying for Citizenship then it must be ILR.

Did you try to find out from UKVI as to why your middle name is not showing on your BRP while your passport is showing the middle name. Could it be because longer names cannot fit into the system ?.

Are you aware that there is a time limit within which you have got to inform UKVI of any error on BRP. If you fail not report of any error within the stipulated time then you may have to pay certain fees to correct your details on the BRP.

If you think this is a genuine error then Please check with UKVI as soon as possible.

Good Luck

Regards

espuk
Newly Registered

Post by espuk » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:10 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I have ILR card. How do you contact UKVI? Do you have any number? I tried ringing UKBA, but it's really hard to get hold of them. I must admit, I have longer name. I'm hoping it is not an error. I never really have a problem with my ILR getting into the country when I went abroad.

Sincerely

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:22 pm

Why did you not have the error rectified when you received the BRP initially?
I believe you may need to apply for BRP(RC) and pay the fees.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:25 pm

Just a thought, is your first name and last name very long? There are space constraints on the BRP and perhaps there wasn't sufficient space for the middle name.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

espuk
Newly Registered

Post by espuk » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:29 am

I didn't have it rectified as I didn't realize it would be a problem. It have my correct name and surname and all the details perfect. Its just missing my middle name. My name and surname are quite long. I have two separate first name and middle name then surname. I thought its not error. I thought they just omit my middle name as it not that necessary as my first names and surname.

Thank you for your response!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:17 pm

CR001 wrote:Just a thought, is your first name and last name very long? There are space constraints on the BRP and perhaps there wasn't sufficient space for the middle name.
It is highly likely then that because you have such a long name that they left the middle one off due to the space constraints on the BRP card.

You could write to them and send a copy of your passport and BRP and ask how the information about your name is recorded.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

espuk
Newly Registered

Post by espuk » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:10 am

That's what I thought. Thank you! I will go and find out.

pnk123
Newly Registered

Post by pnk123 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:05 pm

Hi espuk, did you manage to resolve this? I apparently have the same issue with my BRP. Please let me know.

Thanks

espuk
Newly Registered

Post by espuk » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:58 am

pnk123 wrote:Hi espuk, did you manage to resolve this? I apparently have the same issue with my BRP. Please let me know.

Thanks
Hi pnk123!

I have inquired this alot and most of the answers are NO!
It should not be a problem, as long as your passport name are correct and complete it should be okay.