ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got refugee status (5 years llr) can i apply for ILR?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hamado
Newly Registered

Got refugee status (5 years llr) can i apply for ILR?

Post by hamado » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:13 pm

Came to UK on 13 January 2000 and claimed asylum. Home Office refused, i appealed, it was successful and given refugee status (5 years limited leave to remain) on January 2008. Now that I've lived more than 10 years in the UK i was wondering if i could apply for ILR, though, my limited leave to remain still runs for another 2.5 years?

Any help appreciated!

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:42 am

Prior to January 2008 you didn't have Leave to Remain, only some form of "Temporary Admission", which doesn't count towards 10 years legal residence. So serve your 5 years and be grateful that you've been given the chance to do that.

hamado
Newly Registered

Post by hamado » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:57 am

Thx for your sarcastic reply! I can see from your reply that you are an ignorant person!

Plz, anyone with more mature and helpful reply?

girlpower19818

Post by girlpower19818 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Mr Rusty wrote:Prior to January 2008 you didn't have Leave to Remain, only some form of "Temporary Admission", which doesn't count towards 10 years legal residence. So serve your 5 years and be grateful that you've been given the chance to do that.
As stated by Mr Rusty, the time your claim was refused till 2008 does not count towards 10 year legal stay.
All Mr Rusty is saying to you is that be grateful for what you have as there are a lot of people out there and in this forum who would give an arm and a leg to have the 5 year leave to remain.

hamado
Newly Registered

Post by hamado » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:08 pm

Another one who agrees with someone who is ignorant! I don't need your opinion on whether I should be grateful! You don't know where I come from and what I went through so just keep whatever opinion you have to yourself! Just tell me, if you know, whether I could apply for ILR.

By the way, I already know that the time I spent as an asylum-seeker (temporary admission) here in the UK counts as legal stay. What I need to know is whether Home Office would allow me to apply for ILR,though my llr still has 2.5 years, and if yes, how?

Plz, keep your sentimental opinions to yourselves, such as me being grateful!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:37 pm

I'm with Mr Rusty and girlpower19818 here.

I thought Mr Rusty has answered your question very well, seems like you just don't like the answer.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

hamado
Newly Registered

Post by hamado » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:52 pm

No, I just don't like you telling me to be grateful. This is none of your business and NOT what I'm asking for!

First 2 ignorants saying that my stay here in the UK is not legal but in fact I know already that IT IS, so what they say is wrong so I don't take it seriously! I've asked a number of solicitors but even they were not sure.

I was hoping that someone in my situation would answer. Instead, a bunch of ignorants trying to patronize me!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:40 pm

The thing is you cannot apply under the ten years rule, if prior to 2008 your status was not regularised. Time spent as an asylum seeker does not count towards the 10 years of lawful residence.

If however you were give a temporary leave, which were regulary renewed over this period , on a prompt basis, then you will qualify.

To conclude, you cannot apply under the 10 years rule, if you cannot accrue an unbroken 10 years lawful residence. Time spent as an asylum seeker, awaiting decision, or time spend in the appeals process does not count.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:09 pm

Just tell me, if you know, whether I could apply for ILR.

By the way, I already know that the time I spent as an asylum-seeker (temporary admission) here in the UK counts as legal stay. What I need to know is whether Home Office would allow me to apply for ILR,though my llr still has 2.5 years, and if yes, how?

NO.

Simple enough answer for you?

I could have said yes and you waste £800 in applying.

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!

I hate it when numpties come on here and start disrespecting people who are trying to help them
INGRATE

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:40 pm

hamado wrote:First 2 ignorants saying that my stay here in the UK is not legal but in fact I know already that IT IS, so what they say is wrong so I don't take it seriously! I've asked a number of solicitors but even they were not sure.
Noone said it wasn't legal, just it doesn't count under the 10 year ILR rule. Neither does time spent here legally under a diplomatic passport count so there are other exceptions.

Think it's to do with not being under immigration control.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

hamado
Newly Registered

Post by hamado » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:00 pm

MOCHYN, even if u said yes I wouldnt apply so dont waste your breath. I dont need a favour from you! Your answer doesnt give me any more info than i already know. In fact, it doesnt say anything at all.

If i'm angry I'm angry to those who say I should be grateful. This is none of their business and none of yours as well! You are obtuse!

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:48 am

hamado wrote:MOCHYN, even if u said yes I wouldnt apply so dont waste your breath. I dont need a favour from you! Your answer doesnt give me any more info than i already know. In fact, it doesnt say anything at all.

If i'm angry I'm angry to those who say I should be grateful. This is none of their business and none of yours as well! You are obtuse!
Ugh how rude!

TORRES
Newly Registered

Post by TORRES » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:26 am

A genuine asylum seeker woudnt be as arrogant and rude as you are Hamado....what is surprising is that you mouth off about knowing the answers already, so why the hell are you asking. You disrespect people on the Forum when they are giving you advice for free why dont you get a Lawyer you "smart arse" and see how much it would cost your sorry arse. Typical Asylum seeker behaviour, its always "me, me, me...."I hope you get nothing and get deported back to your sorry arse country.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:57 am

Given the OP's intemperate reaction and his unwillingness to accept information given him in good faith by myself and others, I wonder if the mods will consider whether his continued presence on this forum is likely to benefit himself or anyone else.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:37 am

Mr Rusty wrote:Given the OP's intemperate reaction and his unwillingness to accept information given him in good faith by myself and others, I wonder if the mods will consider whether his continued presence on this forum is likely to benefit himself or anyone else.
Well said Mr Rusty, I wholeheartedly agree

bbbb
BANNED

Post by bbbb » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:02 pm

Wow
How helpful!!

In the uk , people have the right to ask questions , fake asylum or not.
No one HERE knows him and has any idea where he went through.
So stop gangbashing him and give him a break.

@hamado try to give a call to some charities which work with refugees . there are a lot

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:43 pm

bbbb wrote:Wow
How helpful!!

In the uk , people have the right to ask questions , fake asylum or not.
No one HERE knows him and has any idea where he went through.
So stop gangbashing him and give him a break.

@hamado try to give a call to some charities which work with refugees . there are a lot
Um he was being rude to everyone that did truthfuly answer his question without judgement. Why should members that have been here for a long time take shit from newbies?

bbbb
BANNED

Post by bbbb » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:43 pm

Ok so because he is a newbie he deserves to be bullied.
Lol lol lol

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:40 pm

bbbb wrote:Ok so because he is a newbie he deserves to be bullied.
Lol lol lol
Most newbies show respect to those who have been here a long time

The OP took umbrage without provocation

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:08 am

bbbb wrote:Ok so because he is a newbie he deserves to be bullied.
Lol lol lol
How is he being bullied exactly? He's the one asking the questions so if he's going to be rude in response, why should peope waste their time?

bbbb
BANNED

Post by bbbb » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:04 am

Hi there

if u apply now u will "waste ur money ", and because u will not be a priority for the HO
I know someone applied for Ilr 2 years before the current leave expired and after roughly 1year and half recieved a letter from the HO to re apply.
So just wait and focus on others things less stressfull now .
However that may be , if u apply u will not have to pay for ur application and won t need to sit the test for life
Good luck

hamado
Newly Registered

Post by hamado » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:55 pm

I thank you to bbbb for his helpful and not degrading reply! That is what I was after. My anger was only to those who asked me to be GRATEFUL! I didn't come here to be INSULTED! I am really surprised to find so many ignorant people here like ElenaW, Mr Rusty, Mochyn, TORRES.

bbbb
BANNED

Post by bbbb » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:51 pm

This may answer some of ur questions as well.

For sure U will not pay for the application nor sit a english test for the ILR , U need to fill out the SET(P) form

Good luck

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:38 pm

Hi

I am curious what was your status before this leave?

Temporary admission? Is this called legal status under immigration rules?

If I am not wrong ,not legal?

Then how you can qualify for 10 years rule is a one one million question.

Ali

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:14 pm

hamado wrote:I thank you to bbbb for his helpful and not degrading reply! That is what I was after. My anger was only to those who asked me to be GRATEFUL! I didn't come here to be INSULTED! I am really surprised to find so many ignorant people here like ElenaW, Mr Rusty, Mochyn, TORRES.
Elena W is one of the nicest and most helpful members on this forum . She certainly is not ignorant in any way shape or form .
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)