ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IGS refused. Why is this?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dusk82
Newly Registered

IGS refused. Why is this?

Post by dusk82 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:35 pm

Hello i recently applied for the IGS from the student visa and was refused by the HO reason being that i "failed to observe the conditions of my current grant of leave".

the circumstances of my current student visa is that i was granted an extension in oct 2006 to complete my masters by writing a dissertation with a submission date in march 2007. My dissertation was submitted in march with an expected graduation in june 2007. my student visa expired in oct 2007. due to delays by the university results and graduation for the masters was pushed back and i therefore received my results in october 2007 with an expected graduation possibly in nov/dec 2007.

after submitting my dissertation in march 2007 i was advised by the international student advisor for my university that once it was submitted i am able to work and therefore started working and gaining experience full time with my current employer who were aware that i was working under a student visa and therefore put me on a fixed term contract to run the duration of my visa until it expired. they are now holding me on conditionally pending the outcome of the IGS application.

i don't understand why i am refused if they are saying that i breached the terms of my stay when once i submitted my dissertation i had the right to work FT OR PT until the expiration of my student visa. that is all they are stating. As i have been refused the IGS can i go back to my home country and apply after sometime to return to the UK to work under the IGS? does that mean that i CANNOT apply under the IGS or any other visa schemes from here on.

Can someone in a similar situation give advice. thank you.

coolgeeser
Newly Registered

IGS refusal

Post by coolgeeser » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:57 pm

Hello

Sorry to hear about your refusal. I think you can only work full-time for a maximum of 4 months in one year on student visa, probably that is why u have been refused.

Also did u mention or did the homeoffice ask you if you have been working full-time since March 2007?

Also I am sure you can re-apply from ur home country.

coolgeeser

vinny

IGS refusal

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:26 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:09 pm

Dusk82,
You have been given inacurate information by the adviser, you haven't followed the conditions of your visa. I would suggest you engage a professional to see if you can prevent further problems with the HO.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

dusk82
Newly Registered

Post by dusk82 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:40 pm

try-one wrote:Dusk82,
You have been given inacurate information by the adviser, you haven't followed the conditions of your visa. I would suggest you engage a professional to see if you can prevent further problems with the HO.
well when i submitted my dissertation i spoke to the international student advisor for advice on being able to work. she stated that only when i submitted my dissertation was i able to pursue full time work. she didnot specifically go on to clarify that it can only be for 4 months.

is this stated anywhere in immigration rules because clearly if this is the case then immigration advisors should have this information available to hand and should give accurate advice in order to not jeopordise any students' ability to get an extension. now i am screwed because of that advice and i told my employers that they could have employed me full time as i completed my dissertation and therefore completed mystudies and they went along with that.

i do not have a right of appeal. so is it that i have to go home and can i apply for the IGS from my country or can i apply under another visa scheme like the working holiday?

dusk82
Newly Registered

Re: IGS refusal

Post by dusk82 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:43 pm

coolgeeser wrote:Hello

Also did u mention or did the homeoffice ask you if you have been working full-time since March 2007?

coolgeeser
i did not mention that i worked full time since march 07 to the home office. i merely submitted my payslips and maybe they did checks with the inland revenue and saw that i was working since march 2007.

the thing is they did not even contact me for further evidence like when i completed my course etc. :?

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:29 pm

You have been misadvised by the student advisor. You should not have worked more than 4 months. You may wisj to complain to the OISC abouot her.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!