ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Immigration Fees Proposed From 6 April 2014

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rahulk16
Newly Registered

New fee structure ILR

Post by rahulk16 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:07 am

Hi Guys,

I am applying for ILR in the month of May 2014. Anybody please clarify that if i book my appointment now and pay the fees now and in April if the new fees structure comes into place then do i need to pay the fees again when i attend the appointment in May or my application will not be accepted.

Thanks in advance.

uday2509

Re: New fee structure ILR

Post by uday2509 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:19 am

You can only book your appointment 6 weeks in advance, The new fee come into place only for the people who book after proposed date.

All the best,
Uday

ram80

Re: Another Fee increase by the UKBA

Post by ram80 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:03 pm

We need more supporters for this. Please show your support.
This post does not contain legal advice.

desired.value
Newly Registered

Re: New Immigration Fees Proposed From 6 April 2014

Post by desired.value » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Does anyone know the new Joint fees for Naturalization as British Citizen. It seems to not be in the new fees table proposed. Either they scrapped it or missed to put in there.

But assuming the increase should be inline with the individual applicant fees which is 4%... any info on this is appreciated.

Regards

Toludo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Visa Application Fees will be Increased from 6th April 2014

Post by Toludo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:50 pm

Find the full information from the link below.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2014.pdf

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa Application Fee will be increased to £1,093. 4% increase and Dependant Fee will be increased to £1,093 as well. 38.7% Increase.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:01 am

The new premium service will be available for ILR 10 year rule as well?

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:52 am

imraniqbal2010 wrote:The new premium service will be available for ILR 10 year rule as well?
where you heard that? It is favorite desire of many ones :D .

mustafa.hamdani

Post by mustafa.hamdani » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:20 am

I've NCS appointment on 3rd of April at 2 PM and I called them to check whether I'd need to pay the current fee or the new fee and the lady on the phone said, it will be the current fee because they have not received any information about the fee increase. Has anyone got any idea how long is it going to take before they approve it?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:27 pm

ram80 wrote:We need more supporters for this. Please show your support.
I'm all in favour of fee increases if it deters the chronically underfunded.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Irfanharris
Newly Registered

Post by Irfanharris » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:41 pm

Guys

If I book the PEO appointment for mid april for ILR this week, then will I be required to pay the increased fees ?

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:51 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Whom you are refering to as "chronically underfunded"?
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:19 pm

abhisheks9 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Whom you are refering to as "chronically underfunded"?
The foreign bride seekers, international relationships etc, you see plenty on here seeking to import their inamorata having visited them once or even never met them at all.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:38 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
The foreign bride seekers, international relationships etc, you see plenty on here seeking to import their inamorata having visited them once or even never met them at all.
OK @Wanderer, but if you look at signature of @ram80 it's meant for UK taxpayers to come together and respond to 'unjustified' fee increase of PBS applicants.
I have no idea about foreign bride seekers, international relationships etc and neither about asylum seekers or other illegal immigrants.
So we all PBS visa holders are not 'chronically underfunded' but looks UKBA/home-Office wants to push us into it.
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

pkvin
Newly Registered

Post by pkvin » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi ...
I am also wondering whether there is an increase in fee for ILR under PBS route.
Please let me know if you know any information in this regard.
Best regards
smartkhan wrote:I can't see any ILR in-UK PBS increase proposal in the table.

wins7031

Post by wins7031 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:37 am

Hi Vinny, Amber and other moderators

Could you provide me an answer to my last query on his post? With the PBS Dependent fee hike now at 39%, is FLR(M) a suitable extension option for a dependant (post July 9 2012) of a Tier 1 migrant due for ILR in Sept 2014?

Also, is it possible for main applicant and dependant to apply together i.e ILR and FLR or PBS Dep on the same date? Is there a cost benefit than applying seperately?

Please advise

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:56 am

Switching may reset settlement time to another 5 years.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

wins7031

Post by wins7031 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:05 pm

So the FLR option does exist then?

Also, could you advise on the second part of my query. Is it better to apply together? I have raised this question a few times in the past but never got an answer. Please help

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:08 pm

You should be able to apply on the same day, indeed the PBS dep extension form used to state PBS dep applying with main applicant. Just book two separate appointments for the same day.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

wins7031

Post by wins7031 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:31 pm

Thanks a lot Amber for confirming that. On that point, can I also ask, is it any cheaper making an application together or is it the same?

I ask this because technically, I am eligible to apply from July whilst my wife can only apply in Sept

Kindly advise

wins7031

Post by wins7031 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:24 am

Hi everyone - I checked with the home office yesterday and they advised that given in my case it's two separate applications (ILR + PBS dependant), there is no cost benefit even if it's done on the same day. I hope this info helps others as well

Given PBS dependant PEO is £2007, how I wish like the others that FLR (M) could be an option for us even if it means resetting the clocks

gurpreet78
Newly Registered

Re: Home Office fees

Post by gurpreet78 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:40 am

hello i also want to apply for UKM application did u tell me whatsis the application fees please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Home Office fees

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:37 am

gurpreet78 wrote:hello i also want to apply for UKM application did u tell me whatsis the application fees please
Why do you ask the same question in so many threads. Fee is £80. A bit of research yourself and you would have found the detail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nyhayden
Newly Registered

Post by nyhayden » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Hey Guys. I am European and so are my parents. A few years back my dad could not be bothered to wait a little bit and do a join british citizenship with my mum and me and received his passport. I am 19 and I will be applying for the citizenship very soon. I am wondering whether there is any way of me doing the tests and applying for a joint citizenship with my mum so that she would get it without having to undertake tests? And what possible fees this would include (I am guessing approximately 800 pounds)?

Thank you guys for all suggestions.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:59 am

nyhayden wrote:Hey Guys. I am European and so are my parents. A few years back my dad could not be bothered to wait a little bit and do a joint British citizenship with my mum and me and received his passport. I am 19 and I will be applying for the citizenship very soon. I am wondering whether there is any way of me doing the tests and applying for a joint citizenship with my mum so that she would get it without having to undertake tests? And what possible fees this would include (I am guessing approximately 800 pounds)?

Thank you guys for all suggestions.
There is no such thing as joint citizenship. Every person's citizenship, as well as their application for such, is entirely their own. Until April 6th of this year, it was possible for a married couple to make a 'joint' application strictly for the purposes of cost savings. Note that their applications were entirely independent of each other and the results were decided as such. You just saved about 4-500 pounds, each applicant still having to meet all of the requirements for citizenship on their own merit. That offer for cost savings to married couples no longer exists. Every individual applicant for citizenship must meet the English requirements based on their own demonstrated ability and that has been the case for a long time now by some measure or another (with a few exceptional cases). I recommend reading the Home Office website and the Form AN guide to learn more about how your mom can navigate the language requirements (and even have a look through the application). Good luck.