ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport with Visa received but its incorrect

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chikky

Passport with Visa received but its incorrect

Post by Chikky » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:15 pm

Hi,

My mother applied for a family visitor visa from Mumbai 10 days back and she got her passport back on Monday with the family visitor visa.

However the visa officer has made a mistake in the visa. I had requested 6 months visa starting from 25th May 2015.
The visa officer has given a visa with following dates:
Valid from 25th May 2015 ( This start date is correct and is as requested in our application )
Valid Until: 19th August 2009 ( this date is wrong. Not sure how they made such a silly mistake. How can they give start date from 2015 and end date as 2009 ).

i have called the visa office and they have raised a escalation internally and they mentioned to me they will get in touch with my mother and they will issue a new visa. I called them on Tuesday( yesterday) and so far i have not received any updates from them. Any idea how long it takes for them to contact us?

I was informed that my mother has to submit the passport again and no other documents are required. Will it take another 15 days for them to correct and issue the new visa?

I am pissed off with such a silly mistake from the visa office. Dint expect this kind of a mistake from UK office.

Cheers
Chikky

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport with Visa received but its incorrect

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:45 pm

Mistakes happen, they are also only human.

It should only take a few days to correct her visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:40 am

On a point of interest, is 19th August 2009 the issue date for your mum's passport? It sounds like the visa officer keyed in the info into the wrong field.

As Char said, mistakes happen, by everybody.

Chikky

Post by Chikky » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:52 am

6 working days passed and still waiting no response even after escalation. WTF .... really being pissed off.

Is there any other number i can call the VFS office? there are only two numbers on their website. One never works and the other is a paid for premium number which i have called and raised an escalation.

Chikky

Post by Chikky » Fri May 01, 2015 2:38 pm

still waiting no response even after escalation. what else can i do? if we want to go back do we need to go back to the VFS office or the main British High Commission office?

Any guidance is much appreciated.

edwinuk

Post by edwinuk » Fri May 01, 2015 2:59 pm

Try https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

They get stuff done quickly but there might be some call charges depending on the country. Mine was like £1.00+ per minute.

Chikky

Post by Chikky » Fri May 01, 2015 3:18 pm

edwinuk wrote:Try https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

They get stuff done quickly but there might be some call charges depending on the country. Mine was like £1.00+ per minute.
Thanks. Yes i have used this website and called them 3 times already. The free number does not work. I have called the premium number Spending over £70 from UK already. Unfortunately they cant give any answers. All they are saying is someone will get in touch with my mother in India and ask her to submit the passport again. They cant give a timeline either when somebody will get in touch.

So calling that number is simply waste of money and time. All they can say is the escalation ticket is with the third party.

edwinuk

Post by edwinuk » Fri May 01, 2015 3:32 pm

Have you tried logging a complaint?

I know it's not really a complaint per se but the planned departure date of your mother isn't far now so maybe you can escalate it via complaints as a matter of urgency as you've not been contacted since they were made aware of the mistake.

Chikky

Post by Chikky » Fri May 01, 2015 3:52 pm

edwinuk wrote:Have you tried logging a complaint?

I know it's not really a complaint per se but the planned departure date of your mother isn't far now so maybe you can escalate it via complaints as a matter of urgency as you've not been contacted since they were made aware of the mistake.

Thanks for your response. Appreciate that.

Yes i have logged a complaint as well explaining the situation in details. Unfortunately they take upto 21 days to respond to any complaints. Its just a nightmare to get this sorted out. Very unprofessional service from them.