ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timelines: Biometric appointments for BRP(RC) (Name change)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ateer

Timelines: Biometric appointments for BRP(RC) (Name change)

Post by ateer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi,

I recently changed my name and wanted to update my Biometric details to reflect my new name. Hence I filled in the BRP(RC) form and submitted my old and new passports indicating my old and new names respectively. I submitted all these documents via post to Durham on 21st Jan 2012 and I am still waiting to hear back from them on a Biometric appointment to be made. I did receive an acknowledgment stating I would hear from them within 10 working days. It's been over 4 weeks now and I still haven't got an appointment letter for submitting my biometric details. I know sometimes it takes 6 weeks for them to ask you to submit your biometric details but I am wondering is it just me or is there anyone else in the same situation as me.

Any suggestions/thoughts would help.

Thanks,
ateer

ateer

Post by ateer » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:07 am

Seriously? No reply? I mean is there no one out there who's been waiting for over a month to get a biometric appointment letter for changing their personal details?

ateer

Biometric appointments for BRP(RC) (Name change)

Post by ateer » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:57 am

Ok here's a news. I just received a letter from the home office asking me to book an appointment for submitting my Biometric details. That saved you lot some rant from me isn't it :). Thanks for being patient with me people.

plantagenetgirlchild
Newly Registered

Post by plantagenetgirlchild » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:37 pm

Have you received your new card yet?

I am also waiting for a replacement BRP to reflect my new married name. I applied by post on form BRP(RC) on 2 February. I received my Biometric invitation on 14 March and enrolled my biometrics at the Post Office on the same day.

Could anyone out there give an indication of how long it took to receive passport/docs/BRP after the biometric appointment?

It is so annoying as I have other things still to change into my married name that I need my documents for!

ateer

Post by ateer » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:08 pm

Hi there,

I submitted my documents via post for BRP(RC) on 21st Jan. I received a letter asking me to submit my biometric details nearly after 5 weeks of my application. Then I submitted my biometrics on 28th Feb. I am still waiting to receive my BRP and passport back. It's been over 2 months since I submitted my documents for the Name change. Yes, it is frustrating as I don't have my passport with me for over 2 months now. I am seriously hoping they return my docs soon as I might have to extend my visa soon.

afcdon83

Post by afcdon83 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:56 am

Hi

Has anyone had their documents back yet after submitting biometrics? I did mine on 23 Feb and will nothing back, extremely worried, I am supposed to be on holiday next week abroad. I'm just praying every day that it comes this week, but I'm losing all hope.

afcdon83

Post by afcdon83 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Just out of interest, in the initial letter you got from UKBA acknowledging receipt of your application, did it say "Thank you for completing Form CRA"

I was really confused to see this. I bet no one is dealing with the BRP(RC) applications at present and if so, they will be mixed with all the Tier applications which clearly they prioritise.

UKBA told me that 65% are decided 4 weeks after biometrics. For the Tier applications it's 75% so they clearly take precedence

plantagenetgirlchild
Newly Registered

Post by plantagenetgirlchild » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:32 am

Yep, my acknowledgement letter said exactly the same thing!

afcdon83

Post by afcdon83 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Has anyone tried contacting UKBA for an update - do you think there is actually a BRP(RC) casework team? I'm starting to doubt it

afcdon83

Post by afcdon83 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:13 pm

I just phoned UKBA and it they are now saying 75% are done within 14 weeks and 95% within 6 months for BRP(RC). Has anyone else heard this before?!!!??

zaheeruk

Hi

Post by zaheeruk » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:52 am

You actually heard a human voice through UKBA. That is amazing. :) . It has been exactly 2 months since I got a first letter telling that it will be looked by a case worker. They said they will contact me within 10 days. It has been 2 months and no response. I have written 6 letters to them, and have been sending an email to their complaints email address.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:13 am

Hi,
My daughter lost her BRP and we also applied for a replacement in November last year. With all the hassle and back and forth correspondence between myself and UKBA, I eventually received it beginning of February 2012 adn they had issued it with the incorrect immigration status and I notified them immediately with a very strongly worded letter. Received a couple of calls from the actual case worker listed on the letter received from them and he was very apologetic about the error and the delay. He advised that the BRP would be re-issued within a week.

Finally received the corrected BRP mid March, 2 weeks before ILR appt at Croydon.

So it does take time, best would be to just be patient and I personally don't think involving an MP is worthwhile.

Thanks

Char

afcdon83

Post by afcdon83 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:48 pm

That's interesting. What was the exact date you submittied your application for BRP(RC), did your biometrics and receive your docs back?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi,

I submitted BRP(RC) second last week of November 2011 (can't remember the exact date). Waited two weeks for payment to go through my bank account and nothing happened. 3 weeks after submitting, recieved everything back saying that the payment page 'was not completed'. I phoned UKBA immediately as I had a full copy of the page and was advised to submit again as it was probably an error with the person keying in the card number for payment and making an error as my bank had confirmed that there had been no attempt to debit my account.

Resubmitted everything with a postal order this time for £37 on 12th December. Received letter to submit biometrics on 30th December and did biometrics same day at post office.

Received confirmation that app is with case worker second week of January 2012.

Received the BRP about 10th Feb with all supporting documents and noticed immediately that visa category was incorrect - PBS rather than spousal dependent. Sent 2 page letter immediately to the address on the letter and received a call from the original caseworker on 28th Feb apologising for the error and that a corrected new BRP would be ordered as they have gone through all my papers originally submitted and were happy that replacement BRP app was in order.

Received a call from UKBA again on 2nd March to say that app has been completed and new BRP should arrive shortly. DX Secure attempted to delivery the BRP on the 7th March but no one was home. Arrange to collect at one of their collection points on 9th March.

Arrived on 9th March (two weeks before ILR appointment at PEO) and picked up BRP, checked all details were correct and then notified the caseworker by letter that I had received the BRP.

Thanks

Char

afcdon83

Post by afcdon83 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:35 pm

So would you say 6 weeks wait after biometrics is normal? At what stage do you think it's taking excessive time?

The reason I ask is that I am convinced no team is looking at BRP(RC) applications at the moment.

In fact I find UKBA's policy quite disgusting and tortourous. For an application for BRP(RC) submitting 12 weeks ago just to change surname on biometric card and still not get anything back is just evil.

zaheeruk

BRP(RC) Update

Post by zaheeruk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:35 am

Update from my side.

I finally was able to talk to someone in UKBA. This is what the update they gave me. The case worker has not even bothered to look at my application. The person has put in information now. This is really frustrating. 2 months i have waited and I was told casually that there was a miss.
Anyway the number to call is 0870 606 7766. Select option 4 and then 2. You will only get through to a person on this selection. Do not select the option which says status update.

afcdon83

Post by afcdon83 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:45 am

So zaheer, did they actually say the caseworker has not bothered to look at your application or was it more a case that your application had not been forwarded to a caseworker. I suspect its the latter since you have not done your biometrics yet. You basically get your biometric invitation letter once your application is forwarded to caseworker

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:54 am

it's not strictly correct that you only get the biometric letter once the application has been sent to a caseworker, but rather, the letter is usually sent once the case is 'raised' on the system - at which point your case will be with a casework team or a workflow team - it will not necessarily have been allocated to a specific caseworker to deal with.

zaheeruk

Hi

Post by zaheeruk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:00 am

I got a letter on Feb 2nd saying that it has been passed to a caseworker. When I talked to them today, they said that the caseworker has somehow missed sending the biometrics letter the reason is unknown. They have made a note of that now. So another wait fro me.

nissyj
Newly Registered

Post by nissyj » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:19 am

hey zaheeruk, what does that letter look like?

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:58 am

It is a one page document that says that my case has been referred to a case worker and I will be contacted within 10 days on what has to be done.

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:04 pm

I got a call from the caseworker and he says that two letters were sent but did not reach my address. This is silly as I got one letter on feb 2nd. How it it possible that I get one letter at the same address and then I do not get the others. Doesnt make sense.

afcdon83

Post by afcdon83 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:57 pm

That's interesting. What did the caseworker sound like? Did they sound genuinely human or robotic like. Also, did they give any indication about timelines or what they were going to do next?

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:06 pm

They were human. :lol:

They said that once I get the letter , they cannot say how long it will take :(

afcdon83

Post by afcdon83 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:09 pm

The caseworker is lying to you. Let me tell you why. If they did send you a letter to do biometrics, you would have 15 days to book an appointment (no necessarily do the appointment). Now, if the letter had been sent then that 15 days would surely have lapsed and UKBA (not the caseworker) would have sent you a warning letter and then after that they would withdraw your application. Since you never received a warning letter or a withdrawal letter, it is absolutely clear the caseworker forgot to send you the letter and is trying to cover his/her back. Very very cheeky!!