ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa refused for relationship to sponsor (Mother & Son)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ray52
Newly Registered

Visa refused for relationship to sponsor (Mother & Son)

Post by ray52 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi All,

I've just registered after reading few people's topics regarding the refusal of visit visa's.

I have just received the news from my mom that her visit visa has been refused and here are the reasons and would appreciate if you can help, as I am planing to reapply again and finger crossed I get a better news.

1. I note the documents you have provided from your sponsor in support of your application although this does not confirm your relationship with your sponsor - How am I suppose to convince him/her that this my mom apart from the government documents provided the whole family????

2. You have presented a bank statement in the name of the company of which your son is a director....., is not evidence that these funds are available to your sponsor to finance your visit as the account is clearly used to finance the business... I am not sure what to do as I am contracting and I am just paying myself a small salary and some dividend.

Any help/support on what should I do in this situation as I really just wanted my mother to visit to be with my kids more than the few days that she spent with them when I visit.

Kind regards,

secret.simon

Re: Visa refused for relationship to sponsor (Mother & Son)

Post by secret.simon » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:46 pm

As it is about a visit visa, can the mods move this thread to the General UK Immigration forum?
ray52 wrote:1. I note the documents you have provided from your sponsor in support of your application although this does not confirm your relationship with your sponsor - How am I suppose to convince him/her that this my mom apart from the government documents provided the whole family????
Did you include your birth certificate?
ray52 wrote:I really just wanted my mother to visit to be with my kids more than the few days that she spent with them when I visit.
Remember that visits are meant to be short. While a visit visa allows for a maximum stay of six months, stays of such long duration may cause issues with visit visa applications in the future. I suggest keeping the actual visit down to 3-6 weeks.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:56 pm

2. You have presented a bank statement in the name of the company of which your son is a director....., is not evidence that these funds are available to your sponsor to finance your visit as the account is clearly used to finance the business... I am not sure what to do as I am contracting and I am just paying myself a small salary and some dividend.
You should have provided your personal bank statement where your salary etc gets paid into.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ray52
Newly Registered

Post by ray52 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:28 pm

Hi,

Thank you for clearing some points which I didn't think of.

I didn't think of the birth certificate, I will add it when I reapply.

In terms of the statement it, I didn't include my personal because I thought my Business will be helpful to see more fund, but if you think this will be better than I will do so.

I've got one question if you don't mind please:

Is it better to go through the visa by providing everything from my mother rather than me sponsoring her or it should't matter?

Thank you again and I will keep you updated when I have any joy when I reapply.

Kind regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:39 pm

Your business funds are not YOUR funds. They belong to the business.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ray52
Newly Registered

Post by ray52 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:40 am

Hi All,

Than you for the help so far but I've got a question.

I am thinking of doing everything do to with documents through my mother's, I've got a brother who's taking care of the business after my father past away and the business is registered in his name and my mother is living through that as of the rest of the family (3 other brothers).

Also she has an income which comes to her from a land that was her fathers and it gets profit from using it so she gets some money every month.

So, my question is if provide this documents ( business documents of my brother business and her statement of the fund that she receives every month for the past 6-12 months, do I still need to provide my document?

if so, would my payslips for the past 6 months suffice or should I provide my bank statement too? and do I have to provide any other documents?

Last, in the refusal documents it says that "any future UK visa applications you make will be considered on their individual metrics, however are likely to be refused unless the circumstances of your application change.", so if this is the case there is no need to write a letter explaining anything as both applications will be dealt with separately, or do I have to still write a letter to explain all the reasons that was stated in the refusal?

I really appreciate you help as this is really important for me to get right, although I know this isn't a straight forward thing.

Kind regards,