ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adult son joining British parent in the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Durbzzz
United States of America

Adult son joining British parent in the UK

Post by Durbzzz » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:03 pm

I am an only child and an adult son to my mother who is a naturalised UK citizen. She has Parkinson's Disease and cannot live alone anymore. She has no other relatives in the UK. She is also taking medication that is not available anywhere else so she cannot leave the UK.

Can I apply to come care for her? What are my options? Is it possible to apply for Discretionary Leave to Remain outside the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Adult son joining British parent in the UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:13 pm

No, you cannot apply for discretionary leave from outside the UK.

You have asked this question previously, link to lengthy topic below, and been given answers numerous times, nothing has changed in the rules since then. This in addition to your posts in Tier 1 Exceptional Talent and Tier 1 Entrepreneur sub forums.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1405436

I strongly suggest you decide and then focus on one of the categories you might qualify for and move forward from there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.