ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Processing TIME FOR PERMANENT RESIDENT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:18 pm

The requirement is, you should have lived in a member state 5 years with your EEA partner who was exercising treaty rights over that period.

Therefore if you and your EEA partner has been living in the UK for 5 years as Spouse or Extended Family member, you can apply for PRC on EEA 4 even though your Resident card doesn't expire until 2012.

If you have lived in the UK lawfully for 5 years in capacity other than your EEA partner exercising treaty right, you will not qualify. You will have to wait until you clocked 5 years of exercising treaty rights and can prove it.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Soda
Newly Registered

Re: EEA4 Processing Time

Post by Soda » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:29 pm

pon wrote:The UK Border Agency says on its website that `The UK Border Agency has changed the way that it processes applications by European nationals and their families for registration certificates, residence cards, family member residence stamps or confirmation of permanent residence in the United Kingdom.
Since 1 June 2009, we have been checking all applications as soon as we receive them. ' (Please see http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ns-june-09)

Does this mean they are processing the applications faster now?

I am non EU national who's been legally in the UK over 5 years, and currently have a family residence card (which expires 2012).

I am wondering if I should apply for the PR now or it can wait until later (like after we come back from winter holiday for example). I know it's up to me but I would consider applying now if they are processing it quicker than before. Thanks in advance for your advice.
It seems that new applications are processed slightly faster now but I don't think this is a general rule. In any case, still count 6months.
So don't start a new application 3 months before going abroad.

cezar
Newly Registered

Hi . I will be 5 years on my EEA Family member stamp in may

Post by cezar » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:39 pm

Dear All .
What is the best way to do to get the PR faster
do i need to apply before may 2010 ( I got teh permit in may 2005)
Thanks

craigjones07
Newly Registered

Post by craigjones07 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:42 am

Dear all, I just wanted to post a bit of a success story regarding the processing time for an EEA4 application.

After an initial application was returned with a request for further supporting information (it was returned within a week of sending), a further EEA4 for my Brazilian girlfriend and her mother was sent on the 19th August ‘09. Their family residence card was expiring in mid September.

We included many, many documents as supporting info – bank statements, wage slips, P60’s etc etc. covering the entire 5 years of their stay. The package was sent via recorded delivery to Liverpool with a self addressed recorded delivery envelope included inside for the documents to be returned.

COA was received a week later and the passports with Permanent Residence endorsement arrived on the 4th September.

So from sending the last application to receiving PR took 16 days. After reading about the problems people on this site have been experiencing, I was amazed but think the key may have been the comprehensive level of supporting information that was included.

Hopefully this means that the process is beginning to speed up.

Silwin
Newly Registered

Post by Silwin » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:15 am

i m confused and stressed now. My passport has been with the homeoffice for a year now and i dont know what to do.

:(

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:34 am

Silwin wrote:i m confused and stressed now. My passport has been with the homeoffice for a year now and i dont know what to do.

:(
Ask for it back?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

kashyme

Post by kashyme » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:56 am

craigjones07 wrote:Dear all, I just wanted to post a bit of a success story regarding the processing time for an EEA4 application.

After an initial application was returned with a request for further supporting information (it was returned within a week of sending), a further EEA4 for my Brazilian girlfriend and her mother was sent on the 19th August ‘09. Their family residence card was expiring in mid September.

We included many, many documents as supporting info – bank statements, wage slips, P60’s etc etc. covering the entire 5 years of their stay. The package was sent via recorded delivery to Liverpool with a self addressed recorded delivery envelope included inside for the documents to be returned.

COA was received a week later and the passports with Permanent Residence endorsement arrived on the 4th September.

So from sending the last application to receiving PR took 16 days. After reading about the problems people on this site have been experiencing, I was amazed but think the key may have been the comprehensive level of supporting information that was included.

Hopefully this means that the process is beginning to speed up.

Congratulations.
but let me express my disagreement with the idea that it was only you who managed to send a comprehensive level of supporting information. Many people must have submitted all the supporting documents . I think the difference since June 2009 is that they might have divided the caseworkers in different sections or groups , some are dealing with the old applications in chronological order and some are only dealing with the new applications to boost the statistics of the performance chart. I may be wrong but that is what you will find in other forums as well that EEA2 applications submitted after June 2009 are processed in weeks .

So for those who submitted before June 2009 are still waiting becasue there is a pile of applications and those who submitted after this date are happily recieving their residence cards.

But we should be happy that they at last tried some thing to address the issue . I am hopeful that in next few months all the applications will be processed.

Good luck for all.

kashyme

Post by kashyme » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi ,
I just want to share my story about PR
after an initial application which was posted in last week of August was sent back in early October because my solicitor has sent photocopies of some documents rather than originals. A new application was sent with all the ORIGINAL supporting documents and passports which was recieved on 17th of October by UKBA , COA was sent on 26th of October and PR is recieved today by my solicitor which he is going to post me soon.

We applied on employed and self employed basis. Both me and my wife are working for the last five years without any gap , paying taxes and NI.

Thanks for all of you and this forum for advice and guidance.