ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa - Child born in the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

theprices
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa - Child born in the UK

Post by theprices » Sun May 22, 2016 5:59 pm

Hi, hoping someone can offer some advice..
My husband and I are on Tier 1 visas (he has Entrepreneur and I am his dependent). These have been extended and we will be eligible to apply for ILR in about a years time from now (April 2017).

We have just had a child (born here in UK), and I understand that once we have been granted ILR, she will be eligible to apply? for british citizenship? and a british passport straight away.? My questions are:

1- Am I correct that we don't need to apply for a Tier 1 dependents visa for her at this stage, if we aren't going to leave the country between now and receiving ILR?

2- If we do wish to leave the country before then - ie for a holiday, then we DO need to apply for a dependents visa for her to enable her to re-enter the UK?

3- If the answer to qu 2 is a 'yes', then as an alternative... if, say, we went on an overseas holiday in Jan 2017, would she simply be able to re-enter the UK on a 6 month Tourist Visa (We're from New Zealand and 6 months is the standard for us - she is able to get a NZ passport), which would 'tie her over' until we have received ILR, at which time she would simply able to become a british citizen?

4- My understanding is that the cost of applying for a dependents visa for a child is the full dependents rate (ie well over £1,000...) + proof of maintenance funds for 90 days?? Is this correct?

To sum up, we would like to go on a holiday between now and this time next year when we will be applying for ILR, however if it is going to cost an extra couple of thousand pounds just to get a Visa for our baby, which will really only be valid for a couple of months, then we will have to reconsider!

Thanks in advance for any handy advice!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Visa - Child born in the UK

Post by CR001 » Sun May 22, 2016 6:06 pm

1. Yes correct, provided you don't plan on taking child outside the UK.

2. The child will need a Tier 1 Ent dependent visa.

3. No, the child is obviously NOT a tourist. You can take the chance, but I wouldn't recommend it. The child is not British yet.

4- Suggest to avoid the cost of a visa, postpone your overseas holiday and holiday within the UK instead.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

theprices
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Visa - Child born in the UK

Post by theprices » Sun May 22, 2016 7:06 pm

Thanks CR001 for your quick reply - Not the ideal answers tho, so I guess no thanks there !!?! :wink:

I guess it's just a good excuse to suggest the family visit us for a change! And, fingers crossed that the UK summer hasn't been and gone already!! :roll: :roll: