ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

solork12
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by solork12 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:11 pm

Dear Forum Members
I have recently got my ILR based on 10 years long residency on 15/02/2015. I have my wife and 2 kids as my dependents. Both kids born in the UK, one born recently after my ILR on 17/02/15. I would appreciate if some senior members can advise me on the following queries:
1) Can I apply for MN1 for my one kid born before my ILR?
2) Can I apply for British Passport for the kid born after my ILR?
3) I know I have to apply for my wife FLR(m) under new rules. Her current visa will expires in Sep 2017, but my question is how soon I can apply for her FLR(m)? Recently in one of the post someone mentioned to apply for dependent FLR(m) within 28 days after main applicant ILR. Can someone help me where is this 28 days rule mentioned? I am just a wee bit worried to hear this. As far my understanding the dependent only need to switch to FLR(m) ASAP if their visa is going to expire soon or they have any travelling plans. In our situations we don't have any travelling plans.

Would appreciate kind advise and help.

meghankit

Post by meghankit » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:26 pm

mutantbhai wrote:Hello boys and girls

Alhamdolillah (praise be to Allah) my SET LR application has been approved.

Sent: 28 Oct 14
Decision date: 15 Feb 15
Docs returned: 26 Feb 15

Funny thing is that my wife got her FLR (M) approved as well but a day before me!

Good luck to everyone still waiting.. :]

Congratulation
enjoy your freedom
could you please tell me when did you receive your wife's approval.

regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:29 am

londonuk9 wrote:Hello all member…
Can somebody guide which visa my wife (my dependant) need to apply?
Main applicant me: got visa on 14/01/2015 ILR on 10 year basis
Previous I was tier 1 general applicant
Wife dependant: visa start from 01/08/2014 to 15/07/2015 as a tier 1 dependant
As I change my category from tier 1 general to ILR on long residency.
Which visa did she need to apply to stay on my dependant? And what’s its requirement?
Please can anybody send me list of documents require for visa?
I have baby which born on 20/01/2015 after I got ILR .So I think she will get British passport straight away? Can somebody confirm it as well please?
Thank you guys in advance.
FLR(M).

You are correct. Baby is British, if born in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:37 am

solork12 wrote:Dear Forum Members
I have recently got my ILR based on 10 years long residency on 15/02/2015. I have my wife and 2 kids as my dependents. Both kids born in the UK, one born recently after my ILR on 17/02/15. I would appreciate if some senior members can advise me on the following queries:
3) I know I have to apply for my wife FLR(m) under new rules. Her current visa will expires in Sep 2017, but my question is how soon I can apply for her FLR(m)? Recently in one of the post someone mentioned to apply for dependent FLR(m) within 28 days after main applicant ILR. Can someone help me where is this 28 days rule mentioned? I am just a wee bit worried to hear this. As far my understanding the dependent only need to switch to FLR(m) ASAP if their visa is going to expire soon or they have any travelling plans. In our situations we don't have any travelling plans.

1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mizanbg
Newly Registered

Post by mizanbg » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:19 am

Hi,

There is no hard and fast rule of 28 days, it is a grey area, but there is no rule either that she can carry on with her old visa. Technically she is no longer of your dependent as you have changed your status. So this is a common sense approach, you should change her dependency to your status as a settle person and you are no longer on tier 1 that means she can't rely on that any more. Now, the question is what does asap means. There is no definition of ASAP, however ideally it should be within 28 days. But I think home office will also consider if your mrs apply late because of her family life and British citizen kids. My friend had to go to the tribunal for similar case like you because of the late application but eventually they got the visa. Therefore, though your mrs application will be successful even a late application but why should you get into all sorts of trouble if you could do it now without any question asked.

solork12
Newly Registered

Post by solork12 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:24 am

vinny wrote:

1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) Yes.
Thanks Vinny for your prompt response and advise. All well explained in detail. Much appreciated.

solork12
Newly Registered

Post by solork12 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:37 am

mizanbg wrote:

Hi,

There is no hard and fast rule of 28 days, it is a grey area, but there is no rule either that she can carry on with her old visa. Technically she is no longer of your dependent as you have changed your status. So this is a common sense approach, you should change her dependency to your status as a settle person and you are no longer on tier 1 that means she can't rely on that any more. Now, the question is what does asap means. There is no definition of ASAP, however ideally it should be within 28 days. But I think home office will also consider if your mrs apply late because of her family life and British citizen kids. My friend had to go to the tribunal for similar case like you because of the late application but eventually they got the visa. Therefore, though your mrs application will be successful even a late application but why should you get into all sorts of trouble if you could do it now without any question asked.
Hi mizanbg
Thanks very much for your kind advise. I got the point but when its not mentioned on HO guidelines how they can reject someone. I know its good to sort out things from our side rather than leave it on HO mercy.

chidu78
Newly Registered

Post by chidu78 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:45 am

Dear Friends

Can someone please pass their thoughts.

Currently me being Main applicant got ILR granted on 21st Feb 2015 in Liverpool UKBA same day service.

Worked as Contractor for 5 years with my own limited company showed
around £38k (Dividend + Director Salary) as earning during ILR on 21st Feb 2015 UKBA were happy with that since I came to UK on 8th March 2010 within 5 days of my initial stamping qualifying period and stayed in total of 5 years just 151 days outside absence on personal visit.

A. Planning to get Re-married in India during May 2015 last week with a new partner.
Which visa category and form to fill for my New wife staying in India. She has
never been to UK earlier.

B. What is eligibility for her to get ILR status should stay for 3 yrs or since ILR getting stopped in April 2018 will it be a problem for her in future please guide.

1. What all documents I need to send from UK to her as supporting document.
2. What all documents she has to keep ready to get a visa to travel to UK by
3rd week June 2015. Forecasting Marriage certificate will be given by
1st week June 2015
3. By which month applying Visa for her from India is better. Legally I am divorced from my Ex wife during Dec 2014.

Informed UKBA about my divorced single applicant status this during my ILR application successful on 21st Feb 2015. Ex wife Tier1 Dependent visa staying in Bangalore will expire in March 2015.

Much appreciated, waiting for reply.

Cheers
Chidu

chidu78
Newly Registered

Post by chidu78 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:55 am

Dear Friends

Can someone please pass their thoughts.

Currently me being Main applicant got ILR granted on 21st Feb 2015 in
Liverpool UKBA same day service.

Worked as Contractor for 5 years with my own limited company showed
around £38k (Dividend + Director Salary) as earning during ILR on 21st
Feb 2015 UKBA were happy with that since I came to UK on 8th March
2010 within 5 days of my initial stamping qualifying period and stayed
in total of 5 years just 151 days outside absence on personal visit.

A. Planning to get Re-married in India during May 2015 last week with
a new partner.
Which visa category and form to fill for my New wife staying in India. She has
never been to UK earlier.

B. What is eligibility for her to get ILR status should stay for 3 yrs
or since ILR getting stopped in April 2018 will it be a problem for
her in future please guide.

1. What all documents I need to send from UK to her as supporting document.
2. What all documents she has to keep ready to get a visa to travel to UK by
3rd week June 2015. Forecasting Marriage certificate will be given by
1st week June 2015
3. By which month applying Visa for her from India is better. Legally
I am divorced from my Ex wife during Dec 2014.

Informed UKBA about my divorced single applicant status this during my
ILR application successful on 21st Feb 2015. Ex wife Tier1 Dependent
visa staying in Bangalore will expire in March 2015.

Much appreciated, waiting for reply.

Cheers
Chidu

blobbyfan
Newly Registered

Post by blobbyfan » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:46 pm

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew if the speed at which you enroll your biometrics affects the overall time for the application. Or does the application go to a caseworker even while they're waiting for biometrics to come in.

Reason I ask is because the HO sent my lawyer a letter a few days ago saying I had missed my first biometric deadline (15 days from the date of the first letter - the date of the first letter isn't specified) and that I had to do it within 17 days of the date of this new letter (I already did). Thing is, neither me or my lawyer ever got that first letter (I never received a copy of the second letter either, only my lawyer did - is that normal?) and now I'm worried my application will be delayed by 2 or 3 weeks because of it.

Thanks and good luck to everyone waiting for decisions.

TIMELINE:
Posted: 13.01.2015
Acknowledged:15.01.2015
First Biometric Letter: Unknown
Second Biometric Letter: 16.02.2015 (Received 19.02.2015)
Biometrics submitted: 25.02.2015

edit: I found ashoknairs posts from last year. he seems to have experienced the exact the same thing as me.
ashoknairs wrote:Dear All,

I got a call from my solicitor yesterday (08/08/2014) informing me that my application has been approved.

My timeline :

Application send : 24 March 2014
Acknowledgement received : 02 April 2014
First Biometric invitation letter missed, I nor my solicitor received the letter.
Second Biometric letter received : 01 May 2014
Biometric enrolled : 05 May 2014
Solicitor received approval letter and BRP card : 08/08/2014

Thank you very much guys for all your help..... All the very best for those who are waiting....

Kind Regards,
Ashok...

his info, along with the google docs spreadsheet (his bio-enrollment date on the spreadsheet is wrong) seem to suggest that a delay in enrolling biometrics might not affect the overall time it takes to process an application. I'll leave my post up in case someone wants to chime in or on the off chance that it might help someone later on in a similar situation.

londonuk9

Post by londonuk9 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:10 pm

hi thank you for your reply.....

where can i find require documents list please?

thank you in advance
vinny wrote:
londonuk9 wrote:Hello all member…
Can somebody guide which visa my wife (my dependant) need to apply?
Main applicant me: got visa on 14/01/2015 ILR on 10 year basis
Previous I was tier 1 general applicant
Wife dependant: visa start from 01/08/2014 to 15/07/2015 as a tier 1 dependant
As I change my category from tier 1 general to ILR on long residency.
Which visa did she need to apply to stay on my dependant? And what’s its requirement?
Please can anybody send me list of documents require for visa?
I have baby which born on 20/01/2015 after I got ILR .So I think she will get British passport straight away? Can somebody confirm it as well please?
Thank you guys in advance.
FLR(M).

You are correct. Baby is British, if born in the UK.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:22 pm

Big week starting tomorrow for November and December applicant lets see how many approval coming ???any body get your decision plz do come and share with us ,let's pray for every one who is on the same boat .

chidu78
Newly Registered

Post by chidu78 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:29 am

Any luck to reply my earlier request in this discussion

2015App
Newly Registered

Post by 2015App » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:31 am

Hi,

Phoned HO again and spoke to horrible man, he asked me to wait for few second. after 30 to 40 second he asked me case id and other stuff and than he replied my application is not completed. I have asked him, is it with case worker or waiting for decision etc... and he gave me vague reply. Then I asked him which month application HO is dealing with ? His answer was shocking as he told me, Ho is dealing with October applications. Last week I got reply as HO dealing with November application.

Thanks

mam7
Newly Registered

Post by mam7 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:06 pm

Please anyone help me on that..
I am varying my pending Tier-4 application to FLR (LR). Do I have to pay full fees £601 and wait for the refund or I can pay the balance of £179?
Thank you in advance

ddm
Newly Registered

Post by ddm » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:55 pm

2015App wrote:Hi,

Phoned HO again and spoke to horrible man, he asked me to wait for few second. after 30 to 40 second he asked me case id and other stuff and than he replied my application is not completed. I have asked him, is it with case worker or waiting for decision etc... and he gave me vague reply. Then I asked him which month application HO is dealing with ? His answer was shocking as he told me, Ho is dealing with October applications. Last week I got reply as HO dealing with November application.

Thanks
I have apply 5th Dec, called them today they said your application its not with case worker, but called them last week they said your application has been assign to case worker

pakstar

Post by pakstar » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:14 pm

With the Grace of Almighty Allah, AlhumdoLilah, I got my ILR approval letter received today.

Can someone update the excel sheet?

Applied: 01/12/2014
Acknowledgement: 08/12/2014
Bio Received: 15/12/2014
Bio Enrolled: 19/12/2014
Approved: 26/02/2015 (as dated on letter)
Doc received: 02/03/2015
Bio card received: awaiting

Correction: Please update as I typed 16 instead of 26March and I received the documents today on 2nd march. I have made the correction. please correct the database also.
Last edited by pakstar on Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:26 pm

pakstar wrote:With the Grace of Almighty Allah, AlhumdoLilah, I got my ILR approval letter received today.

Can someone update the excel sheet?

Applied: 01/12/2014
Acknowledgement: 08/12/2014
Bio Received: 15/12/2014
Bio Enrolled: 19/12/2014
Approved: 16/02/2015
Doc approval letter received: 26/02/2015
Congrats mate ,enjoy ur freedom.

Since

Post by Since » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:29 pm

Not to worry, you will get your soon.

I have decided not to phone.

ddm wrote:

Thanks
I have apply 5th Dec, called them today they said your application its not with case worker, but called them last week they said your application has been assign to case worker

meghankit

Post by meghankit » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:58 pm

dear friends
i am very happy to share good news with u all

Applied: 28/10/2014
Acknowledgement: 05/11/2014
Bio Received: 15/11/2014
Bio Enrolled: 17/11/2014
Approved: 27/02/2015
Doc approval letter received: 28/02/2015

GOOD LUCK FOR THOSE WHO ARE WAITING FOR THEIR APPROVALS.

regards

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:59 pm

Thanks
Hi mate it's clearly show they are dealing with November and December application I don't understand why they giving different information every day . Waiting is the only solution.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:01 pm

meghankit wrote:dear friends

regards
Hi ,congrats your waiting is over now , enjoy ur freedom.god bless you,continue pray for us .

meghankit

Post by meghankit » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:04 pm

Dec17 wrote:
meghankit wrote:dear friends

regards
Hi ,congrats your waiting is over now , enjoy ur freedom.god bless you,continue pray for us .

thank you

Since

Post by Since » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Yeap @Dec17, I am agree with you.
Dec17 wrote:

Thanks
Hi mate it's clearly show they are dealing with November and December application I don't understand why they giving different information every day . Waiting is the only solution.

DMH2014
Newly Registered

Post by DMH2014 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi guys I just rang HO today the guy said we r currently dealing with Nov applications and my application is not even allocated to case work unit but last week the guy said that ur application is been allocated to the case work unit. I don't know which one to believe. They don't really give us proper info. What do u say????the only thing we should do to be stay positive n carry on waiting. Prayers for everyone that we all get our approvels soon.