ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Aplly for leave to remian as a child over 18

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tom9611
Newly Registered

Aplly for leave to remian as a child over 18

Post by Tom9611 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:22 pm

HI all,

I entered this country under my mom's Tier 2 ICT Long-term Staff imgrant in 2013, when I was 17. But my dad does not want to extend his dependent visa, nor apply for leave to remain in 2018.

My question is : Am I still eligible to apply for extention or leave to remain, if my dad does not involve in this process?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Aplly for leave to remian as a child over 18

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:18 pm

Tom9611 wrote:HI all,

I entered this country under my mom's Tier 2 ICT Long-term Staff imgrant in 2013, when I was 17. But my dad does not want to extend his dependent visa, nor apply for leave to remain in 2018.

My question is : Am I still eligible to apply for extention or leave to remain, if my dad does not involve in this process?
Edited after re-reading!!

Yes you can, assuming your are still dependant on your Mother.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:12 am

Subject to satisfying 319H or 319J.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Tom9611
Newly Registered

Post by Tom9611 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:30 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Tom9611 wrote:HI all,

Edited after re-reading!!

Yes you can, assuming your are still dependant on your Mother.
I am still dependant on my mum. My dad has to return to the home country because he has a job. and his English is not good. So I really do not need any help from my dad?