ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CONFUSED ABOUT GUIDANCE NOTES SET M .Section 10

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MARIMAA
Newly Registered

CONFUSED ABOUT GUIDANCE NOTES SET M .Section 10

Post by MARIMAA » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:53 am

Section 10. Documents
Documents provided with the application must be originals. All supporting evidence must be in the
form of original documents. In addition you should provide photocopies of each of these documents SET(M) Guidance Notes version 08/2014 - page 5 of 8
including any pages of your passport(s) that contain personal details, visas or immigration stamps
(foreign or UK). These do not have to be notarised by a solicitor or legal representative.
If you are unable to provide the original document, we may accept a copy certified by the body or
authority which issued the original (for example, a copy of a savings book certified by the building
society or bank), or by a notary.
The reasons for not being able to provide the original document must be explained in a covering
letter. We are unlikely to grant your application without the original document.
Any documents which are not in English must be accompanied by a reliable English translation.
Make sure passports or travel documents are signed]
Some posts they are telling no need for photocopies but here they are saying you need to provide photocopies so we have to

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: CONFUSED ABOUT GUIDANCE NOTES SET M .Section 10

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:09 am

You photocopy everything (effectively as a file backup). The reason they ask for photocopies is based on the notion that you will be providing originals that must be returned. They don't want the time and expense of copying your material to retain for their files so they place that burden upon the applicant.

MARIMAA
Newly Registered

Post by MARIMAA » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:19 am

you know I am asking because I know so who applied by post just sending the originals

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:37 am

There may well be some people who did not provide copies, but I don't see the point of your enquiry. Are you hoping to say a few pennies by avoiding this requirement? The guidelines ask for copies so why not comply with the guidelines, rather than placing your application in jeopardy based on the hearsay of a lucky stranger on a forum who claims to have not done what is asked for without repercussions.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:06 am

[url=https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/chapter-8-section-1spouses]Chapter 8[/url]: Family members transitional arrangements, section 1, spouses wrote:Note :For applications dated on or after 01 August 2010, the SET(M) form requests that applicants submit both originals and photocopies of the documentation that is to be relied upon. If no photocopies are submitted, caseworkers should ensure that copies are made and placed on file. Copies of all documentary evidence submitted should be retained on file.
Do also make copies for your own records.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

MARIMAA
Newly Registered

Post by MARIMAA » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:15 am

Lucapooka wrote:There may well be some people who did not provide copies, but I don't see the point of your enquiry. Are you hoping to say a few pennies by avoiding this requirement? The guidelines ask for copies so why not comply with the guidelines, rather than placing your application in jeopardy based on the hearsay of a lucky stranger on a forum who claims to have not done what is asked for without repercussions.
No I was just thinking we don t need t, o I am happy I got answers from you so that I do copies ,I didn t know that until yesterday when reading the guidance and getting your answers
Thank you very much