ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Degree taught in English outside the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

murtazaamin
Newly Registered

Degree taught in English outside the UK

Post by murtazaamin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:20 pm

I'm a graduate engineer from India. I have a recent (Nov 16) letter from my institute certifying that the degree was taught in English. I also have a statement of comparability from UK NARIC which certifies that my degree course is equivalent to a similar UK qualification with honours. However, this statement of comparability from UK NARIC is dated 2005.

Can I use the above for my imminent ILR application to fulfil the English language requirements?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Degree taught in English outside the UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:23 pm

You need the NARIC ELA red route for ILR.
https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/individu ... sment.aspx
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

murtazaamin
Newly Registered

Re: Degree taught in English outside the UK

Post by murtazaamin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:29 pm

Thanks. but do I meet the requirements with the documentation I already have, as mentioned in my original post? Or do I need to go through the NARIC ELA red route fresh as my UK NARIC letter is too old (2005)?