ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR LR Application. New member

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hamada1981

ILR LR Application. New member

Post by Hamada1981 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:25 pm

Hello Guys,
I’m a new member and I hope you could help me with some queries about ILR. I’m planning to apply for settlement based on long residence [10 year-route]. I arrived the UK in Sept. 2005 and I spent only 390 days in total out of the UK, and the maximum stay out of the UK in one year was less than 5 months.

As I mentioned before, I arrived the UK in Sept. 2005, this means that I could have applied in August 2015. What discouraged me at that time was I left UK on 14 May 2011, 17 weeks before the expiry date of my student visa and I came back on 1st October 2011 on a [tier 4] dependent visa. I thought that as my old [student] visa expired while I was out of the UK and I applied in August 2015 not within 28 days of the expiry date this means the 10 years period was broken. However, I read that this only for the Tier 2 [5 year route].

My questions are:
[1] Taking into account this history, is my case straightforward and can I apply using the premium service?
[2] I got my PhD from the UK. Do I still need it to use UKNARIC? NARIC online application system says that no need but the ILR application asks about if the degree is deemed by NARIC.
[3] The dates of some entry and exit stamps in my passport are in Arabic, do I need to translate them or I’ve to do this if it’s only disputed?
[4] I spent less than 5 years in my current address. The application asks for my previous address. Does this address have to be in the UK? Actually the previous one was abroad for 5 month. The one before was in the UK for 7 months and the one before this one was for 5 years. Which one should I mention? Or can I attach a sheet with all previous addresses I had in the UK?

Thank you for your help.
Hamada

geriatrix

Re: ILR Application. New member

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 02, 2016 10:32 am

1. Yes, it appears so.
2. Read the FAQs.
3. No.
4. Does the form ask for "address(es) in UK"?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Hamada1981

Post by Hamada1981 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:41 am

Thank you so much for your help.

As for the address issue, question B15: If you have lived at the address above for less than five years please provide your previous address details and the dates you lived there.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 02, 2016 2:21 pm

My question was in fact a hint!
The statement that you have quoted does not say "address(es) in UK".

Hamada1981

ILR letter from employer

Post by Hamada1981 » Thu May 05, 2016 2:46 pm

Hi Guys,

Could you please advise me on the supporting letter from the employer for ILR application. If it's ILR based on long residence [10 years] does the letter have to include the authorised absence [annual leave] the same as tier 2? And If someone goes for a holiday few days longer than the annual leave will it affect the application and will it mean that the continuous period is broken?

Finally, for the the SET (LR) form, actaully questions D13 and E14 are the same asking for social, cultural and family ties wit the country where you born or the country whose nationality you hold. Is it OK to repeat the same answer?

Thank you for your help.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 05, 2016 2:51 pm

Why do you need a letter from an employer if you are applying under LR?

And, please keep your queries in a single topic.

Hamada1981

Re: ILR LR Application. New member

Post by Hamada1981 » Thu May 05, 2016 3:02 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I thought this letter should support my financial situation and proves that I have a job and will not ask for public funds if I get ILR.
As for posting in single topic, sorry I thought I did but I found my post goes as a reply to a previous post. I don't know how did it happen.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Your topics were merged.

An employer letter is NOT required if applying for ILR based on long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 05, 2016 6:59 pm

Hamada1981 wrote:As for posting in single topic, sorry I thought I did but I found my post goes as a reply to a previous post. I don't know how did it happen.
No, you started a new topic. Keep posting your queries in this topic (click on "Post Reply").