ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application returned with extension of Business Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

otaatepe
Newly Registered

ILR application returned with extension of Business Visa

Post by otaatepe » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:24 pm

Hi,

My wife had Turkish Business visa for 4 years, and she applied for ILR on ECAA-2(turkish business person visa) base. Today,after nearly 6 weeks we received her BRP which shows that they extended her business person visa,instead of giving her ILR. We havent received her passports and other documents yet so we dont know the explanation.
My question here, why dod they extend current visa? even tough we didint apply for that, we applied for ILR.
Secondly, I am naturalized BC, is it possible to apply for ILR as she is my wife?
Is it possible to appeal for reconsideration of this visa?

Thanks in advance, and Kind Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application returned with extension of Business Visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:36 pm

I cannot answer your question on the business visa as not familiar with it other than 4 years residence is required. Hopefully one of the other mods or members can advise but you should be able to ask for a reconsideration but might best to wait for the decision letter first.
Secondly, I am naturalized BC, is it possible to apply for ILR as she is my wife?
No, she can only apply for ILR if she held a visa in the category based on your status and as she does not, she won't qualify.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.