ILR for spouse

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: EUsmileWEallsmile, ca.funke, Amber_, sushdmehta, John, ChetanOjha, batleykhan, push, JAJ, Casa, archigabe, vinny, Obie, sbrennan

ILR for spouse

Postby mrgs1 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Hello my wife arrived in UK on 31st Aug 2011and spouse visa expires on 3rd Oct 2013. Im I correct she can apply for ILR from 1st of sept 2013 ? And the old rules apply so no £18000 + etc applies? The documents are as followes
Joint current account both names
Savings account my name
6 months payslips and 2 P60s
Letter from employer (Had same job 29years)
Council tax both names
Gas and electric both names
Mortgage my name only
Water bill both names
Bank account wife name
Savings account wife name
Electoral register letter wife names
CRB check wife name
Nhs appointments and doctors registering at surgery letters.
Wife stayed for full 2 years in UK
Have I left any documents out?
mrgs1
Newbie
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Re: ILR for spouse

Postby mrgs1 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:19 pm

mrgs1 wrote:Hello my wife arrived in UK on 31st Aug 2011and spouse visa expires on 3rd Oct 2013. Im I correct she can apply for ILR from 1st of sept 2013 ? And the old rules apply so no £18000 + etc applies? The documents are as followes
Joint current account both names
Savings account my name
6 months payslips and 2 P60s
Letter from employer (Had same job 29years)
Council tax both names
Gas and electric both names
Mortgage my name only
Water bill both names
Bank account wife name
Savings account wife name
Electoral register letter wife names
CRB check wife name
Nhs appointments and doctors registering at surgery letters.
Wife stayed for full 2 years in UK
Have I left any documents out?
Sorry forget to say Wife self employed With NI number and tax return but doesn't earn enough to pay tax
mrgs1
Newbie
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Re: ILR for spouse

Postby sh1981 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:35 pm

mrgs1 wrote:
mrgs1 wrote:Hello my wife arrived in UK on 31st Aug 2011and spouse visa expires on 3rd Oct 2013. Im I correct she can apply for ILR from 1st of sept 2013 ? And the old rules apply so no £18000 + etc applies? The documents are as followes
Joint current account both names
Savings account my name
6 months payslips and 2 P60s
Letter from employer (Had same job 29years)
Council tax both names
Gas and electric both names
Mortgage my name only
Water bill both names
Bank account wife name
Savings account wife name
Electoral register letter wife names
CRB check wife name
Nhs appointments and doctors registering at surgery letters.
Wife stayed for full 2 years in UK
Have I left any documents out?
Sorry forget to say Wife self employed With NI number and tax return but doesn't earn enough to pay tax


old rules do not apply.
put some photos of you and her, not required but they look nice.
send class 2 NIC exemption certificate.
add liuk test result and postal orders.
add marriage certificate and any decree absolutes.
put in the water bill.
give non-overcrowding statement from housing association / surveyor.
dont forget passports (both)
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com
sh1981
Member of Standing
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Postby CR001 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:38 pm

marriage certificate, passports and make sure your documents cover the full two years. hope all goes well for your wifes app. are you applying in person?
Char
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
CR001
Respected Guru
 
Posts: 1946
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London

Re: ILR for spouse

Postby CR001 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:45 pm

sh1981 wrote:old rules do not apply.
put some photos of you and her, not required but they look nice.
send class 2 NIC exemption certificate.
add liuk test result and postal orders.
add marriage certificate and any decree absolutes.
put in the water bill.
give non-overcrowding statement from housing association / surveyor.
dont forget passports (both)


old rules apply as spouse applied and arrived before 9 july 2012.

photos not required at all for ilr.

overcrowding report not required as mortgage statement and title deed is fine.
Char
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
CR001
Respected Guru
 
Posts: 1946
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London

Postby mrgs1 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:08 pm

CR001 wrote:marriage certificate, passports and make sure your documents cover the full two years. hope all goes well for your wifes app. are you applying in person?
Yes apply in person at Solihull .
mrgs1
Newbie
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Re: ILR for spouse

Postby mrgs1 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
sh1981 wrote:old rules do not apply.
put some photos of you and her, not required but they look nice.
send class 2 NIC exemption certificate.
add liuk test result and postal orders.
add marriage certificate and any decree absolutes.
put in the water bill.
give non-overcrowding statement from housing association / surveyor.
dont forget passports (both)


old rules apply as spouse applied and arrived before 9 july 2012.

photos not required at all for ilr.

overcrowding report not required as mortgage statement and title deed is fine.
That's good know that new rules are not forced on us. I hope the caseworker are still aware of this.
mrgs1
Newbie
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Postby CR001 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:16 pm

you will need photocopies of all documents too and as mentioned above, dont forget life in uk test pass certificate. has your wife done the test yet?it changes on 25th march and i would suggest she do it before then

also forgot to say she can apply 28 days before she compketes two years. below is my set(m) thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#606248
Char
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
CR001
Respected Guru
 
Posts: 1946
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London

Re: ILR for spouse

Postby sh1981 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
sh1981 wrote:old rules do not apply.
put some photos of you and her, not required but they look nice.
send class 2 NIC exemption certificate.
add liuk test result and postal orders.
add marriage certificate and any decree absolutes.
put in the water bill.
give non-overcrowding statement from housing association / surveyor.
dont forget passports (both)


old rules apply as spouse applied and arrived before 9 july 2012.

photos not required at all for ilr.

overcrowding report not required as mortgage statement and title deed is fine.


yes sorry i meant old rules do apply.
photos are not required but they look nice i mean techniaclly they re lookin if you lived together. its from a spouse visa remmeber?
overcrowding report will do good as it shows accommodation n that you havent managed to put in 20 ppl in your house during this time. well trust me it will do good.
Last edited by sh1981 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com
sh1981
Member of Standing
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Postby sh1981 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:24 pm

CR001 wrote:you will need photocopies of all documents too and as mentioned above, dont forget life in uk test pass certificate. has your wife done the test yet?it changes on 25th march and i would suggest she do it before then

also forgot to say she can apply 28 days before she compketes two years. below is my set(m) thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#606248


talking about photocopies, use the post office document identification checking service and get a photocopy of your passport certified by them. put that stamped copy into your file of photocopies nad keep other 2 photocopies (well you get 3 for like 7 quid) with yourself, one at home, one in wallet as proof of your passport. its basically a photocopy of your passport with a stamp from post office saying its seen and is a certified copy.

also with phtocopies, dont just shove em in. organise and index them in a seperate file similar to originals.
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com
sh1981
Member of Standing
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Re: ILR for spouse

Postby mrgs1 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:28 pm

sh1981 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
sh1981 wrote:old rules do not apply.
put some photos of you and her, not required but they look nice.
send class 2 NIC exemption certificate.
add liuk test result and postal orders.
add marriage certificate and any decree absolutes.
put in the water bill.
give non-overcrowding statement from housing association / surveyor.
dont forget passports (both)


old rules apply as spouse applied and arrived before 9 july 2012.

photos not required at all for ilr.

overcrowding report not required as mortgage statement and title deed is fine.


yes sorry i meant old rules do apply.
photos are not required but they look nice i mean techniaclly they re lookin if you lived together. its from a spouse visa remmeber?
overcrowding report will do good as it shows accommodation n that you havent managed to put in 20 ppl in your house during this time. well trust me it will do good.
Where do you get an overcrowding report? We live in a 3 bed semi on mortgage from 1994
mrgs1
Newbie
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Postby mrgs1 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:29 pm

sh1981 wrote:
CR001 wrote:you will need photocopies of all documents too and as mentioned above, dont forget life in uk test pass certificate. has your wife done the test yet?it changes on 25th march and i would suggest she do it before then

also forgot to say she can apply 28 days before she compketes two years. below is my set(m) thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#606248


talking about photocopies, use the post office document identification checking service and get a photocopy of your passport certified by them. put that stamped copy into your file of photocopies nad keep other 2 photocopies (well you get 3 for like 7 quid) with yourself, one at home, one in wallet as proof of your passport. its basically a photocopy of your passport with a stamp from post office saying its seen and is a certified copy.

also with phtocopies, dont just shove em in. organise and index them in a seperate file similar to originals.
Yes she passed last week.
mrgs1
Newbie
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Postby CR001 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:33 pm

sh1981 - photos for ilr are unnecessary as doesnt prove cohabitation, CW only wants document proof. as the husband owns his own property, inspection report not required. i applied for set(m) with only my tenancy agreement and household bills.

mrgs1, you dont need overcrowding report, it really is not needed especially if you own the property.

please dont get paranoid about the application, follow the guidance and form and she will be fine. lots of good, basic advice here and happy to help with any of your question and best is to keep it simple.
Char
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
CR001
Respected Guru
 
Posts: 1946
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London

Postby sh1981 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:43 am

CR001 wrote:sh1981 - photos for ilr are unnecessary as doesnt prove cohabitation, CW only wants document proof. as the husband owns his own property, inspection report not required. i applied for set(m) with only my tenancy agreement and household bills.

mrgs1, you dont need overcrowding report, it really is not needed especially if you own the property.

please dont get paranoid about the application, follow the guidance and form and she will be fine. lots of good, basic advice here and happy to help with any of your question and best is to keep it simple.


photos DO prove cohabitation. what else do they prove? this is for spouse visa! a single a4 page with 6 photos covering 3 quarters of each of 2 yrs will not hurt.

you DO need overcrowding report, where does it say that you got right to house 20 people if you own the property?
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com
sh1981
Member of Standing
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Re: ILR for spouse

Postby sh1981 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:44 am

mrgs1 wrote:
sh1981 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
sh1981 wrote:old rules do not apply.
put some photos of you and her, not required but they look nice.
send class 2 NIC exemption certificate.
add liuk test result and postal orders.
add marriage certificate and any decree absolutes.
put in the water bill.
give non-overcrowding statement from housing association / surveyor.
dont forget passports (both)


old rules apply as spouse applied and arrived before 9 july 2012.

photos not required at all for ilr.

overcrowding report not required as mortgage statement and title deed is fine.


yes sorry i meant old rules do apply.
photos are not required but they look nice i mean techniaclly they re lookin if you lived together. its from a spouse visa remmeber?
overcrowding report will do good as it shows accommodation n that you havent managed to put in 20 ppl in your house during this time. well trust me it will do good.
Where do you get an overcrowding report? We live in a 3 bed semi on mortgage from 1994


i dont quite remember but we got ours from the housing association. you own theh ouse so i suppose from a surveyor.
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com
sh1981
Member of Standing
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Postby sh1981 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:45 am

CR001 wrote:you will need photocopies of all documents too and as mentioned above, dont forget life in uk test pass certificate. has your wife done the test yet?it changes on 25th march and i would suggest she do it before then

also forgot to say she can apply 28 days before she compketes two years. below is my set(m) thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#606248


make sure photocopies are also arranged and indexed like originals not just shoved in
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com
sh1981
Member of Standing
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Postby Casa » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:34 am

You don't need an overcrowding report.
Casa
Moderator
 
Posts: 5414
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:32 pm

Postby mrgs1 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:14 pm

Casa wrote:You don't need an overcrowding report.
Many thanks I will update as we get nearer time.
mrgs1
Newbie
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Postby sh1981 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:20 pm

Casa wrote:You don't need an overcrowding report.


making a line BOLD does not prove your point.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/

read this

you have adequate accommodation where both of you and any dependants can live without needing public funds, and at least part of that accommodation (for example, a bedroom) is for your and your partner's sole use;

now how do you plan to prove that you have t least part of the accommodation to your exclusive use?

MAA12 i believe is required during entry clearance.
its not exclusively asked for during app for ILR. however things change and during this time you mght have collected 50 ppl in your 2 bedroom house.

an overcrowding report will not hurt, it will only do good. i put one in.
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com
sh1981
Member of Standing
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Postby elv15 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:29 am

I agree with Casa and CR001.
Please note that what i post is only a personal opinion. Im no expert lol.
elv15
Member
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Next

Return to Indefinite Leave to Remain

 


  • Related topics
    Views
    Replies
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], hooplakid, mkazimhyobo, tanz5656 and 16 guests