ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR maintenance fund

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

handeesmurf
Newly Registered

ILR maintenance fund

Post by handeesmurf » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:01 am

Hi All

I'm bit confused about maintenance fund for Work Permit holder (issued in may 2007) and now applying for ILR application Set(O) in 4th May 2012.

I have started collecting information from last month and came across this http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378
where it says clearly

Q - Is there a "minimum balance" or "maintenance fund" required for ILR?
A - No, there is no absolute minimum balance required. However it is advisable to show bank statements with some savings to demonstrate that you can support yourself (and dependants) if required.

I've asked few of my friends and read other confusing blogs they told me I do need maintenance fund , my question is do I need to have maintenance fund if yes

I am expecting a baby in the last week of april 2012 and my bank statement showed lowest fund in the month of Feb 2012 is £ 1720

Do i have to show maintenance fund from the day baby born or from last 3 months [£800(myself) + £ 533(my partner) + £ 533(baby)]

Do I don't need to show baby in my application b/c he or she might not have passport and birth certificate in 10 days

Do I have to apply for myself and partner and then apply for baby when he or she have all relevant documents

Please help

Thanks every one

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:12 am

If baby is born in the UK before you're granted ILR and not travelling, then there's no requirement for baby to apply for leave to remain. Just register baby for British citizenship after you're granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

handeesmurf
Newly Registered

Post by handeesmurf » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:36 am

Thanks Vinny

very clear and simple answer

Can you please clear my confusion about ILR maintenance fund

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:50 am

When applying for ILR as a work permit holder, you should satisfy 134, in particular 128(v).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

handeesmurf
Newly Registered

Post by handeesmurf » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:02 pm

maintenance fund is still requirement for Tier 2 ILR, correct ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:26 pm

See also Settlement.