ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is ILR required for child born in UK?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AksJohn
Newly Registered

Is ILR required for child born in UK?

Post by AksJohn » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:55 pm

My husband currently holds a Tier-1 General visa which is due to expire in Nov 2013. My daughter and I also hold Tier-1 General on a dependant basis which is also due to expire at the same time. We are now eligible to apply for ILR.

Do we need to apply for ILR for our daughter as well? She was born in the UK in Dec 2011.

We intend to apply for ILR for only the two of us, and not our daughter. We have an in-person appointment for this. Once we get our ILR we will apply for naturalisation for our daughter and after that apply for British passport. In the meanwhile we will not travel anywhere with our daughter.

Is this okay or would we have to apply for ILR for our daughter as well?

Any help in clarifying this will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

oviyasathish
Newly Registered

Re: Is ILR required for child born in UK?

Post by oviyasathish » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:46 pm

AksJohn wrote:My husband currently holds a Tier-1 General visa which is due to expire in Nov 2013. My daughter and I also hold Tier-1 General on a dependant basis which is also due to expire at the same time. We are now eligible to apply for ILR.

Do we need to apply for ILR for our daughter as well? She was born in the UK in Dec 2011.

We intend to apply for ILR for only the two of us, and not our daughter. We have an in-person appointment for this. Once we get our ILR we will apply for naturalisation for our daughter and after that apply for British passport. In the meanwhile we will not travel anywhere with our daughter.

Is this okay or would we have to apply for ILR for our daughter as well?

Any help in clarifying this will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:58 pm

Should be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.