ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport with border stamps lost

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Svanich
Newly Registered

Passport with border stamps lost

Post by Svanich » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:46 am

Dear friends! This post relates to question D3 of SET_LR__Form_11-15. I lost my (previous) passpost which contains immigration stamps covering some 160 absences from the UK. There is a copy of relevant pages, which could be sent with my application for ILR. But the UKVI does not accept copies, right? Then how can I prove that these absences took place? Best wishes, Svanich

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport with border stamps lost

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:03 am

HO have records of all the landing cards you completed.

Have you got the alternative evidence of residence for 10 years (bank statements, P60's, NHS letters, HMRC letters, etc) if you don't have all your passports?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Svanich
Newly Registered

Post by Svanich » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:38 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes, I have letters from my college and International Students' House (where I studied and lived at that time) as well as from my bank. Lending cards wll help. But I am more concerned about foreign immigration stamps which I used as proxies for UK exit stamps to calculate a number of absences.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:41 pm

Svanich wrote:Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes, I have letters from my college and International Students' House (where I studied and lived at that time) as well as from my bank. Lending cards wll help. But I am more concerned about foreign immigration stamps which I used as proxies for UK exit stamps to calculate a number of absences.

You could request a SAR from UKVI which may show how much you have been tracked in/out UK as you have travelled.

See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Svanich
Newly Registered

Post by Svanich » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:14 am

Thank a lot!