ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cruis

Re: Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Post by cruis » Sun May 15, 2016 9:20 pm

ashafqat2 wrote:Category: Tier 1
Dependents: 3
Total fees paid: 7600
PEO: Croydon
Employment status: Director of a limited company
Out of UK absences: less than 180 in total
Tax affairs: SA returns filed on time (2014-2015), no discrepancies, no amendments. Permanent employee before.

Overall experience was very smooth. They didn't ask me to fill any questionnaire. During Registration, lady just asked me a simple question, What do I do? that's it. No further questions. Staff in Croydon is very friendly and helpful. Parking is available in front of the Lunar house. I came in the UK first time in 2009 but left after 10 days and return after 2 years in March 2011. Didn't mention a word in my application about 2009. They only care about last 5 year holidays.

For my paid holidays during last 5 years, I got a letter from one of my employee, other employee refused to provide me a letter. I included all my communication with my employer. All my holidays were personal in nature.

I supplied following documents with my application:
• Appointment Letter and payment receipt
• Cover Letter
• Current and expired passports for the main applicant and dependents
• 4 x BRP Cards
• 2 Passports pictures for main applicant and each dependent
• SET(0) Form
• Life in the UK pass notification for main applicant and partner
• ESOL Entry 3 certificates for main applicant and partner
• Proof of age (birth certificate)
• Proof of qualification (UK degree and Naric letter)
• Proof of earning
1. Letter from Chartered Accountant confirming the monthly gross and net salary and gross and net dividends for the period 01st March 2015 through to 29th March 2016. The letter confirms the total gross earnings of £XXX.
2. Payslips
3. Dividend vouchers (Main applicant dividend vouchers, stamped by accountant)
4. Personal Tax Return (Stamped by the accountant)
5. Corporate Accounts (Stamped by the accountant)
6. Bank statements business and personal.
7. Incorporation certificate
8. Four years P60
9. Previous year SA302
10. Employment History
11. VAT returns
12. Last year corporate tax computation and tax return (CT600)
13. Last year company invoices
14. Business contracts

• Proof of suitable accommodation (Land Registry)
• Proof of cohabitation

1. Original Marriage Certificate and Translation
2. Last Two Years Council Tax
3. Last Two Years Gas and Electricity Bills
4. Last Two Years Water Bill
5. Last Two Years Home Insurance Paper
6. Last Two Years Joint Bank Statements for first bank
7. Last two years Joint Bank Statements for second bank

• Proof of Time spent outside the UK

1. Calculation of dates
2. Original current passport and expired passport
3. Passport exit/entry stamps
4. Copy of eTickets
5. Letter from the previous employer for paid annual leaves
6. Email correspondence with the previous employer for paid annual leave letter

• Photocopies (Didn't copy bank statements or company invoices)

Wish all of you a best of luck.
Hi congratulations!!!

Even though you may have no amendments in tax in your previous applications, did the case worker ask any questions around tax discrepancy in extension or initial applications. I am going with full time employment for ilr but just wanted to know if the case workers are enthusiastically asking any questions around amendments etc.

cruis

Post by cruis » Sun May 15, 2016 9:21 pm

worriedsoul wrote:Hi All,

By the grace of God, we (self + dependent spouse and child) had our ILR approved at Croydon PEO on 5th March 2016. I am a Limited Company Director so was quiet tensed about the process but thankfully everything went on smooth. At Croydon PEO there was no Self Employed Questionnaire that is being asked in other PEOs. Here is my experience at the PEO:

1. Appointment Time - 10AM 5th March at PEO Croydon
2. Reached PEO - 9.30AM, allowed inside after the security checks
3. Token number given : 9.45 AM (token number was 150, which meant I was the 50th person to enter the building)
4. Case Registration - 10.50 AM at counter 10. The wait was longer this time compared to my extension, may be because of the fact that it was a Saturday and there were less staff. Lady who registered was very friendly. She saw that I had lots of documents as I was Ltd Company Director and had everything organized well in my own folder so she said I can submit my own folder instead of using their folder.
5. Biometrics completed at counter 35- 11.40 AM
6. Case went under consideration - 1.20 PM (for 1hr 40 mins case was awaiting consideration, may be because it was lunch time). I was very stressed when the case was being considered, but I guess all of us go through this. There were some token numbers (154, 157, 155) after my number (150 was mine) which were completed before mine, this got me worried as I started to think something may have gone wrong.
7. Case completed - 3 PM. Called to counter 44. Caseworker took 1hr 40 mins to decide my case. Lady at the counter congratulated me, what a big relief it was. Checked the details for biometrics card and was told the card will arrive in 10 days. Overall it took 5.5 hours at PEO from start to finish.

Now coming to the documents I submitted:
SET(O) application form
Payment confirmation sheet
2 Photos each for main and dependents with names written at the back
Passport (old and new) – main applicant
Passport (old and new) – dependent spouse
Passport (old and new) – dependent child
BRP for main and 2 dependents

Age (20 points)
Original passport

Qualification (30 points) and English Language Proof:
Original Degree Certificate
Points Based Calculator showing qualification meets English Language Requirement (I have used Tier 2 General for the category as Tier 1 General has been removed from the calculator)
Letter from College confirming the degree was taught in English
IELTS Pass Certificate for spouse– Life Skills B1

Life in the UK test pass certificate for self and spouse

Maintenance Funds
Along with earnings proof for main applicant, 3 months’ salary slips for dependent spouse.
Original Term Deposit Advice from State Bank of India showing a deposit amount. The deposit has been held for over 2 years now and the balance has not gone below this amount at any point in the past 90 days. Not sure if this is required but included it anyway.
Letter from Statement Bank of India confirming the deposits held

Previous Earnings – 45 points (Previous UK experience 5 points)
Salary slips from Feb 2015 to Jan 2016 (in 2 months, the salary did not match the payslip as I had made a typo error while transferring money, payslip showed 883.33 and bank account showed 833.33. Had mentioned about this in the cover letter and also had a letter from accountant confirming this as underpayment. Not sure if these were considered as earnings but I had more than enough points even with these 2 months salary excluded.
Dividend vouchers - Stamped with my company seal and signed by me as the Director. Not stamped/signed by accountant as I had checked with UKVI and they had said one letter from accountant is sufficient and each dividend voucher need not be stamped by accountant
Letter from Accountant confirming the salary and dividend payments
Personal bank statements from HSBC showing the salary and dividend payments
Cover letter with Salary and dividend summary

Supporting Documents from Limited Company:
Incorporation Certificate
VAT Registration Certificate
VAT payments made in the previous 12 month period
Corporation Tax letter from HMRC for years 2013, 2014 and 2015
Business Bank Statements for the previous 12 months
Profit Loss Statements for 2015-2016 as the tax return for this year is not due until April 2016
Company Tax Returns for 2014-2015
Invoices for the past 12 months
Contract with client

Cohabitation documents
Joint Names
a. Bank Account Statements 24 months – Feb 2014 to Feb 2016
b. Annual Mortgage Statements dated Jan 2014, Jan 2015 and Jan 2016
c. Council tax bills dated March 2014, March 2015 and July 2015
Individual Names:
a. Electricity & Gas bills dated Sep 2015 and Jan 2016
a. Water bills dated May 2014, Nov 2014, May 2015 and Nov 2015
b. HMRC Tax Code letter and tax overview letter dated June 2015
Relationship Proof
a. Marriage Certificate
b. Birth Certificate for child with parents names

Absence Summary
Cover letter with a table showing absences, had only 3 absences with total number of days outside UK being 47 days. No letter from employer provided as I could not get one from my previous employer.
Boarding passes and itinerary for previous travels
Salary slip from previous employer to show salary credit for the month of travel when I was employed in perm job

PCN and FPN summary
Cover letter to decalre one PCN (parking ticket) for me and 2 FPNs (2 SP30 speeding tickets in the past 12 months) for my spouse. This was not an issue and I had selected 'No' for the criminal convictions question in the application form as PCN and FPNs are not considered criminal convictions. But I wanted to declare this information as I did not want to hide anything.

Documents that I carried with me but not submitted:
SA 100 tax return document for previous 3 years
Self Assessment statements for previous 3 years
Tax year overviews for previous 3 years
SA302 for previous 3 years (all returns filed on time and taxes paid on time)
Employment History from HMRC for previous 5 years
P60s for 4 out of 5 years
Previous extension (2 extns) salary slips and dividend vouchers
Previous Home office letters of approval

I hope this information is useful for other people who are planning to apply for ILR in the future.
Hi congratulations!!!

Even though you may have no amendments in tax in your previous applications, did the case worker ask any questions around tax discrepancy in extension or initial applications. I am going with full time employment for ilr but just wanted to know if the case workers are enthusiastically asking any questions around amendments etc.

cruis

Post by cruis » Sun May 15, 2016 9:27 pm

mian1 wrote:By the grace of GOD my ILR Approved on PEO Belfast on 8 March 2013
And thanks for all of you who help and pray for me.
Special thanks to my parents, wife, laws and friends who prayed and had best wishes for me.

Category: Tier 1
Dependents: 0
Total fees paid: 1900
PEO: Belfast
Employment status: Director of a limited company
Out of UK absences: less than 180 in total
Earning Required Band = ( 35000 – 39999) = 20 Points
Tax affairs: SA returns filed on time , no discrepancies, no amendments. Corporation TAX Paid on time
Initial application Feb 2011
Employment + Self employment
Period claim (1 Feb 2010 to 31 Jan 2011)
Earning Claimed = 46415 on initial application
In this earning I had self employment income for period ( 6 April 2010 to 31 Jan 2011 ) £ 21240
But when I filed my final account my earning for period (6 April 2010 to 5 April 2011) was 11708
Because I made payments to 3rd parties and all was paid from business bank account
Advice from friends and immigration representative to file an amendment but I don’t find any solid reason to change this because it was genuine, submitted on time and tax was paid on time. I don’t want to change it for ambiguity and my earning for the period was still
£ 36883.00 so I decided I will fight it and it was self employment not salary or dividend. And tax period finish later so the figures can change for any reason but my turnover was more on tax return than HO just expenses increase about 9532 from HO.
I just explain because there are so many applicants who are scared so I am explained in details.

Overall experience was not smooth.

I supplied following documents in the begging of my application:

Application Payment Sheet
Cover Letter
Absence Letter
BRP with Valid Tier1(General) Leave to Remain
Applicant Passports -3
SET (O) Application form with 2 Photographs on Page# 9
UKBA Letter with Points Calculated for Leave to Remain under Tier 1 (General) of Point Base System
Lloyds Personal Bank Account Statements
Accountant Letter
MIHB Limited Employer Letter
MIHB Limited Payslip
MIHB Limited Dividend TAX Voucher
Certificate of incorporation
Life in the UK Test Pass Notification Letter
University of Degree of Master of Science
Applicant Documents Photocopies

Than after 5 minute called back and said she forgets to ask me about the questionnaire and I provide her extra documents.
Questionnaire was as another member explains was same like that with your all self employment and company director questions and asks if you had changed your self assessment if you was not happy with them and explain the changes you made or steps you taken to correct it.
After filling in the questionnaire I handed her
My 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12,2012-13 tax returns, SA302 payment made for tax years where I was self employed and corporation tax payments slips that I had paid on dividends or profit from company.
After 10 minutes announcement made for me to come on desk, case worker was very angry about not having my company accounts, I told him I didn’t submitted any accounts last time that’s not in the requirements its supporting documents. And I told him I don’t have those with me because year is still going on and they were provisional and accountant said you don’t need them
Then I ask him I got other documents shall I go and get them from waiting area than I grab my full file and handed her previous year company accounts and tax liability bill that due to pay in April 16. He said without this year account I am unable to process my application than he went and grabbed a sheet, he shown me how they assess the documents and what they need.
In that sheet it was clearly written in company director
1) (Salary Slips or Dividend Vouchers )
2) Personal bank statement
3) And in 3rd Colum it was supporting documents but not mandatory business bank statement, company accounts and invoices,
I told him they are not mandatory and if you need I had company bank statement he look on that and said yes you are right it’s not necessary I need to speak with my boss what he will say.
Then he said you submitted your tax documents for last years but we have direct access to HMRC and in HMRC there is no record for you.
I told him I had submitted the documents and they are genuine, I didn’t made them at home and all record is available in my HMRC account as well if you can let me use your computer I will open it for you on HMRC website. Than he had a smile and leave me and went to speak with his boss and not inform me about anything than I had a terrible time for 2 hours what he is going to do all windows shut.. Was not able to see where case worker is.
Thinking might be preparing refusal, no preparing Extra documents request, no if he need extra documents had given me letter in this time.
After 2 hours of conversation a window open and lady called me.
I ask her is it a good news or bad
She smiled and said its very good news your case is approved today.

Wish you all best of luck.
Need to prepare my wife and kid’s papers want to inform you guys as quick as I can sorry for delay.
As I always look on immigration board to read people experience.
I think it’s all from me and explained all aspect of my situation still if you have any question I will be happy to answer
Sorry if there are English mistakes typed in hurry
Very short time for wife and kids application
Well done mian1, could you please share your cover letter you have used for application (hiding your personal details) . Please send private message to me ..many thanks in advance

cruis

Post by cruis » Sun May 15, 2016 9:28 pm

blacklabel69 wrote:Category: Tier 1 (General
Total fees paid: 1500+400 (old fees only)
PSC: Croydon
Employment : Full-time, salaried

A slight complication with unpaid leave (less than 30 days) but I clearly showed everything and provided cover letter and a list of all absences. Provided proof from companies house website for one employer who had shut down and letters from the rest.

I carried all my previous applications and earnings proof that were submitted in the past years but nothing was
asked and nothing was given. Application decided in 2.5 hours.

Date submitted & approved : 23 March, 2016
BRP : Waiting
Hi congratulations!!!

Kitcor
Newly Registered

Post by Kitcor » Sun May 15, 2016 9:43 pm

1. Category.Tier 1 General (no self-employment)
2. Number of dependents. 1
3. Total cost. £3,800
4. PEO branch. Croydon
5. Documents provided. Completed SET 0 form, bank statements prior to maternity leave and during maternity leave, saving account statements, letter from my employer, cohabitation documents (bills, bank statements etc), child's birth certificate, original degree, payslips during and before maternity leave, new and old passports. I didn't submit my P60 and/or employment history on the day of my appointment, which they requested on the day of my appointment. I submitted them three weeks after (my solicitor requested an extension).
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years. None
7. Any Additional Comments.
A few things to note,which people may find useful
-You could ask extension beyond the 14 days for submitting additional documents. The reason I asked for an extension is because there was a tax discrepancy, which I queried and was corrected by HMRC. There were some really nice people who went above and beyond. i called HMRC at least 20 times.
-Employment history could be faxed to you as post could take up to 2 wks. Fax was accepted in my case.
-12L section in the SET0 in case of Tier 1. You could submit your P60s and employment history for the last 5 years.

Good luck to you all.

cruis

Post by cruis » Sun May 15, 2016 11:03 pm

Kitcor wrote:1. Category.Tier 1 General (no self-employment)
3. Total cost. £3,800
4. PEO branch. Croydon
5. Documents provided. Completed SET 0 form, bank statements prior to maternity leave and during maternity leave, saving account statements, letter from my employer, cohabitation documents (bills, bank statements etc), child's birth certificate, original degree, payslips during and before maternity leave, new and old passports. I didn't submit my P60 and/or employment history on the day of my appointment, which they requested on the day of my appointment. I submitted them three weeks after (my solicitor requested an extension).
-You could ask extension beyond the 14 days for submitting additional documents. The reason I asked for an extension is because there was a tax discrepancy, which I queried and was corrected by HMRC. There were some really nice people who went above and beyond. i called HMRC at least 20 times.
-Employment history could be faxed to you as post could take up to 2 wks. Fax was accepted in my case.
-12L section in the SET0 in case of Tier 1. You could submit your P60s and employment history for the last 5 years.

Good luck to you all.

Hi congratulations!!!

As you have amendments in tax in your previous applications, did the case worker ask any questions around tax discrepancy in extension or initial applications. I am going with full time employment for ilr but just wanted to know if the case workers are enthusiastically asking any questions around amendments etc. And did you meet threshold before amendments were done to your previous tax returns

vegetagoku
Newly Registered

ILR application in 2 Days NEED HELP URGENT!!!

Post by vegetagoku » Mon May 16, 2016 12:40 am

Dear All Experts and members!!!

I need all your advice as I have ILR appointment in 2 days at the PEO. My case is as below-

I was granted initial Tier 1 (G) leave to remain in Jun 2011 (I switched from post study work). However for this leave my earnings were combination of employment and self employment. With employment I claimed 21420 with self employment I claimed 14150. However, I have realized today when I had asked HMRC to get the statement of my tax payment that my earnings were recorded as 14150 in self assessment but tax was paid on 13500 while 750 was declared as expenses to run business (this is all declared to the HMRC). My question is Could this impact my application.

Also after my initial tier 1 general I was in between employments for 6 months, then I have had continuous employments since then (since Sep 2011). For the Tier 1 extension I had earnings of 39k and I have earnings of 39 k for the ILR.

Please may you let me know if any of the above circumstances could impact my application.

Thank you.

cruis

Re: ILR application in 2 Days NEED HELP URGENT!!!

Post by cruis » Mon May 16, 2016 7:55 am

vegetagoku wrote:Dear All Experts and members!!!

I need all your advice as I have ILR appointment in 2 days at the PEO. My case is as below-

I was granted initial Tier 1 (G) leave to remain in Jun 2011 (I switched from post study work). However for this leave my earnings were combination of employment and self employment. With employment I claimed 21420 with self employment I claimed 14150. However, I have realized today when I had asked HMRC to get the statement of my tax payment that my earnings were recorded as 14150 in self assessment but tax was paid on 13500 while 750 was declared as expenses to run business (this is all declared to the HMRC). My question is Could this impact my application.

Also after my initial tier 1 general I was in between employments for 6 months, then I have had continuous employments since then (since Sep 2011). For the Tier 1 extension I had earnings of 39k and I have earnings of 39 k for the ILR.

Please may you let me know if any of the above circumstances could impact my application.

Thank you.
Hi, what was your total income for 2010-11 showing on sa302. Is it £34920?

iahsan

Post by iahsan » Mon May 16, 2016 11:27 pm

1. Category: ILR (LR)
2. Number of dependents: 0
3. Total cost: £ 2375
4. PEO branch: Solihull, Birmingham
5. Time taken: 2.5 hrs
6. Documents provided
Passports: All
BRP
Life in the UK Pass certificate
UK Degree Certificates
2 Photographs

cruis

Post by cruis » Wed May 18, 2016 5:59 pm

iahsan wrote:1. Category: ILR (LR)
2. Number of dependents: 0
3. Total cost: £ 2375
4. PEO branch: Solihull, Birmingham
5. Time taken: 2.5 hrs
6. Documents provided
Passports: All
BRP
Life in the UK Pass certificate
UK Degree Certificates
2 Photographs

Hi congratulations!!!

Kitcor
Newly Registered

Post by Kitcor » Wed May 18, 2016 8:03 pm

cruis wrote:
3. Total cost. £3,800
4. PEO branch. Croydon

Good luck to you all.

Hi congratulations!!!

As you have amendments in tax in your previous applications, did the case worker ask any questions around tax discrepancy in extension or initial applications. I am going with full time employment for ilr but just wanted to know if the case workers are enthusiastically asking any questions around amendments etc. And did you meet threshold before amendments were done to your previous tax returns
Hi if the question is addressed to me, here is my response:

My case was slightly different. I have never been self-employed, but worked for two companies at the same time. The second company submitted a p60 and p45 both with stating different income/tax paid. Therefore, even though in 2013 my employment history (EH) showed the correct earning/tax paid, the 2016 EH showed a different number. I questioned it and HMRC corrected it to the correct figure based on the P45 which had the correct figure, not the p60 which was wrong.

Also to add, I also submitted letters from my employment confirming my absences from the UK, which were mainly work related. I didn't have absences over 90 days. Hope this helps.

mjcr28
Mood:
India

Post by mjcr28 » Thu May 19, 2016 4:06 pm

Hi All,

By the grace of Almight Allah, I got my ILR approved Today, waiting for BRP now. :D

I would like to thank all members of this forum and special thanks to the moderators and everyone who have provided me with advise. Below is my experience

Category: Tier 2 (General)
Dependents: 0
Total fees paid: 2375
PEO: Croydon
Employment status: Full time salaried employment
Out of UK absences: total 26 days

also I added a cover letter stating all documents included

1. SET (O) Application form (04/2016)
2. BRP Card x1
3. Current Passport Original x 1
4. Expired Passport Original x 2
5. Photos X 2 (however they took only one not sure why)
6. Life in the UK Pass Certificate
7. English Language B1 Certificate
8. Original Payslips x 6
9. P60 x 4 (Letter covering for 5 years from HMRC as i had 1 p60 missing)
10. HMRC Letter
11. Personal Bank Statements 6 months– Original
12. Employer Referral letter
13. All absences from UK along with reason for absence from employer
a. Copy of eTickets for absences abroad
b. Passport with Entry and Exit stamps
14. Photocopies of all the supporting documents.

Reached at 7:30, and was taken in was first to arrive. My appointment was at 9:10. Was made to sit in the cafe and asked to come and take token 15 mins before appointment scheduled time. Queued and token received at 09:00am.

I was called for submission of documents at 09:30, took approx 10 to 15 minutes. Then i waited for Biometric in the waiting area, called for Biometric at 09:50. Silly me kept my phone on silent case worker called from private number at 10:35, then he called back again at 10:48am. I put in a copy of my application as well, so he said as its not required if I am happy for it to be shredded securely. I said ok. At around 11:00 my Token number was called for collection of documents and the approval letter and original docs was handed over to me. Also it really does save time to give Photocopies of all the supporting documents as my time total was only 2 hours.

Few additional information I wanted to share (some of them as :
1. I didn't mention on form that i had a £100 fine for speeding, as its clearly stated in the section not to.(quoted from set o 04/2016 form Note: You must give details of all criminal convictions, including spent convictions. This includes
convictions for road traffic offences, including drink-driving offences, but not fixed penalty notices)

(such as speeding or parking tickets).
2. I didn't fill the below sections
1.10 (home office reference as i dint have one)
5.5 Rate of pay for this SOC code stated in the codes of practice (hourly rate or annual salary).as i dint have one
7.13. How long have you lived in the UK? I have mentioned since the first time I entered that is 2006 and not as my tier 2 in 2011.

Any queries let me know happy to help :)

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Sun May 22, 2016 12:24 pm

By the grace of ALLAH, My ILR application got successful! :)

This forum has been very helpful so THANKS to you all for sharing your experiences and knowledge!

About my case:
  • Form: SET (O)
  • Route: Tier 1 General
  • Dependents: 0
  • Fee: £2,375
  • PEO: Croydon
  • Total Time: 5 hours
  • 'Under consideration' time: 40-50 minutes
  • Earnings from full-time employment in last 5 years
  • No earning from self-employment in last 5 years
  • Self employment: 2010-2011 (initial Tier-1)
  • Amendments done for 2010-2011: Yes
  • Total absences in last 5 years = less than 180
Original documents in following order and then photocopies of each document (excluding application form) in same order:
  1. Passports
  2. Biometric Resident Permit
  3. Online Payment Confirmation
  4. Application Form with 2 photographs (full name on the back of each photo)
  5. Life in the UK
  6. Basic Disclosure
  7. SAR from Police National Computer
  8. Last 12m Salary Slips
  9. Letter from current Employer stating current salary, job title and earnings breakdown for last 12 months
  10. A kind of recommendation letter from line manager which included short description of company work, my skills & responsibilities and my importance to the business
  11. Absences letters from current and past employers (covering last 5 years)
  12. Initial Tier-1 grant letter
  13. CV
Croydon PEO Experience:
I had very bad impression of Croydon PEO before - don't know why. But it was very good experience overall. When I entered building, I was asked for proof of booking. I showed them the email and they were okay with that. Then they asked me to pass through the security which was very similar to airport security: put all things into a tray, empty your pockets, take the belt off etc etc. After clearing the security I went to 3rd floor via stairs. If you have mobility requirements then there are also lifts to take you up to 3rd floor.

I went straight to customer service desk where they took my current passport, biometric resident permit and application form. I was asked if I am doing self-employment which I answered "no". Very nice guy because we started talking things off the topic like trains and ticketing system in UK :) No extra self-employment form was given to me. Then the guy entered my details on the system, gave all documents back to me, generated a ticket number for me and asked me to wait in cafeteria. I was able to go out of the building, have some food and come back into the building without any issues. There are screens everywhere on 3rd floor to tell your ticket progress in one of:
  1. Case Registration
  2. Biometric Collection
  3. Waiting Consideration
  4. Under Consideration (when case worker starts looking into your case)
  5. Ready for Collection
People were nice with me at every phase of application progress. The lady who was doing case registration for me started talking about Christmas cakes and her family. They helped reduce my nervousness and boost my confidence. Of course, there is no guarantee that all staff would be as nice as that lady was. When doing the case registration they don't accept any folders because they have their own folder. Things they asked me in following order:
  1. Passports
  2. Biometric Resident Permit
  3. Online Payment Page + Application form together
  4. All original documents
  5. All photocopies of original documents
If you already have things in order then it would take less time and case registration person will be happy too. So, I registered my case, went for biometric and then waited in cafeteria to see the progress of my application. 1 hour after doing biometric my ticket number moved to ready for collection - no interaction with case worker, no questions asked and application successful!

Only unusual thing for me was that ILR duration was till 2024 rather than 2026. The guy over the counter explained that there is issue in the system and its not going beyond 2024. Then I asked how do I extend if I need to in future. The guy replied that you will complete a form called 'NTL' if I remember correctly. They kept application form, absences letters and biometric resident permit card and returned all other documents back to me.

Regarding Tier-1 dependent extenation application, I was told that I don't even need to attach the ILR success letter with dependent's application because they already have main applicant's (mine) ILR success details in the system so nothing to worry about.

Hope this will help others and best of luck to all.

amehmood04916
Newly Registered

Post by amehmood04916 » Sun May 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Hello all. This forum had been a great help over the years.
Got My ILR (LR)last week and used Sheffield PEO and paid £2375
Immigration history : 4.5 years on student visa + 1.5 years on PSW + 4 years on Tier 2 (general)
My appointment was booked for 9:50 am. I went early at 9:05 am and after security check went straight to reception and gave all the documents. I was called for biometrics at 9:20. After waiting for 45min a lady from reception called my number and handed me over all the original documents and kept the copies. It only took an hour and even my appointment was at 9:50am I was served early. It is totally worth paying extra £500 for premium service if your case straight forward.
I submitted following Documents
1: Computer filled Set ( lr) form + on-line booking check list and payment page
2: all passports and biometric card
3: Life in the UK test certificate
4: Trinity college B1 certificate
5: P60 for last 5 years + wage slips for last 6 months and bank statements ( not required) they kept the copies.

Good luck to everyone applying. Thanks

sagan

Post by sagan » Mon May 23, 2016 9:11 am

Hi guys
Slightly off topic, but hopefully someone can help me. When you booked the appointment online, how quickly could you an appointment? Was there one available on the day? In the week etc? Or were there no open slots for several weeks?
Thanks

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:54 am

3. Total cost. £3,800
4. PEO branch. Croydon

Good luck to you all.
Hi Kitcor, Congrats for ILR

I need your advise for following:
i m also on Tier-1(General) and requested HMRC employment history recently.
For last financial yr 2014-2015, i switched job/employer(working in same month for both), and there is mismatch between P45/P60 and HMRC record, but i got refund from hmrc for that yr, still refund is not filling the gap?
(Requested P800 but HMRC failed to send so i again requested today which they will take 2 weeks)

Can you help me out if this can be a problem, or may be not if i avoid submitting P60s?
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 25, 2016 6:16 pm

sagan wrote:Hi guys
Slightly off topic, but hopefully someone can help me. When you booked the appointment online, how quickly could you an appointment? Was there one available on the day? In the week etc? Or were there no open slots for several weeks?
Thanks
Appointments appear recently to only be available 20-28 days in advance. Most people don't have issues booking appointments and the problems of a couple of years ago are not there anymore.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

psc_ilr1003

Post by psc_ilr1003 » Mon May 30, 2016 2:25 pm

congrats

Rebekah14
Newly Registered

Post by Rebekah14 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:06 pm

Hi all,

Thank God who answered my prayer. I've got my ILR this morning in Croydon PEO.

Thank you for everyone who shared their experience and information on this forum. It was very helpful and useful for me.

My today's experience is below if any one interested.

Booked appointment at 9:20, arrived 8:50. Had to wait for security check and long que reception area as well. 9:20 registered and got my token. 9:30 token called for case registration, checked my application form, payment, photo. No additional form were given. Only question was if I had any criminal record, so random.
9:50 called for Biometric finger print and kept my file for processing. Came back to waiting area. 10:20 screen shows my case went under consideration.
Before 10 am tokens building up for case registration up not moving much but after 10:20 things start to speed up as cases were moving quick from case registration into biometric and under consideration.
10: 50 called my token for asked if I have any additional documents related to my company as my last visa was T1 Entrepreneur. I gave some documents such as business account statement, SA 302, Annual tax return etc.
11:10 Ready for collection and visa approved.

It was smooth process and good service.

Thanks again everyone,

Best regards,

cruis

Post by cruis » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:52 am

Hi all,

ILR Approved. Tier 1, 5 yr route..Croydon PEO

Made amendments to 2010-11 and only put 2010-11 sa302 along with recent 12 payslips and 12 bank statements. (Remember, I had already met the threshold even before amendments but still made 2000 pound amendments to match the exact net profit disclosed to HO in Feb 2011. Though it was genuine expenses at the end of march 2011, I have made amendments just to be on safe side)

No Questionnaire given, no questions asked.

Appt time 08:30 ..long que to pay fee at the counter. The outcome came at 12:15. Long wait but relief when I saw my token number as Ready for collection

case#76
Newly Registered

Post by case#76 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:31 pm

Hi cruis,
Congrats! n Thanks for sharing ur experience.
When u amended ur taxes 2010-11, how did u convince HMRC that y u want to amend it n when (which year) did u amend?
Appreciate if u can shed some light.
Thanks.

bbvyas
Newly Registered

Post by bbvyas » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:06 pm

@case#76, were you above threshold before amended ? if yes than dont worry about it, if No than all depend on luck, I have seen people got ILR with 20K amended on 2011.

chyoma001
Newly Registered

Post by chyoma001 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:23 pm

Hi All, I would like to thank you all for sharing your experience on this site. I would also like to use the opportunity share my Journey to ILR with you guys.

My First Arrival in the UK was in July 6 2006 on student visa valid till June 2008
Renewed Student visa in June 2008 valid till October 2011
Renewed Student Visa in September 2011 valid till January 2013
Switched to work permit Tier 2 General in September 2012 valid till September 2015
Renewed work permit Tier 2 General in July 2015 till September 2018

I became eligible to apply for ILR based on 10 Long residency 28 days before my first arrival(July 6 2006) into the UK= I was eligible to apply anytime from June 8 2016. So I applied for a premium service appointment for June 11 2016 at Sheffield PEO.

My ILR Application Process

Application: SET (LR) Based on 10 year Long Residency
Application Method: Premium Service: Sheffield PEO
Application Date: June 11 2016 12:30
Arrived at Sheffield PEO: June 11 2016 11:15
Submitted Documents: 11:20
Biometrics Taken: 11:40
Decision Received: 12:40 (Successful!!!!)
Biometric card to be received within 10 working days.

Documents Enclosed:

Complete SET LR Application form
2 x Identical Passport-sized photographs
Current and all Previous passports with photocopies (Police Report, SAR Subject access request documents, previous Home Office letters and 10 year bank statements for my first passport which I entered the UK with is lost)
Current biometrics card
Life in the UK Test Pass Letter
Letters, academic certificates and transcript from previous schools and university.
Evidence of accommodation throughout my stay
Letter from HR confirming my employment
Payslips and P60 covering my entire period of employment
Calculation of Time spent outside UK in 10 years (168 days)

Overall, I had a smooth and fast process at the Sheffield PEO with no questions asked even though my first passport which I arrived into the UK with was lost. My best advice is be prepared and have photocopies of all relevant documents. Wishing you guys the best of luck with your forthcoming application processes.

case#76
Newly Registered

Post by case#76 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:13 pm

bbvyas wrote:@case#76, were you above threshold before amended ? if yes than dont worry about it, if No than all depend on luck, I have seen people got ILR with 20K amended on 2011.
Hi bbvyas,
Thanks for replying.
yes indeed I'm above threshold before amendment.
So, is it that HO interested that applicant is still above threshold or they r interested that tax paid on amount must match previous earning shown?
Any input will be helpful.

bbvyas
Newly Registered

Post by bbvyas » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:19 am

case#76 wrote:
bbvyas wrote:@case#76, were you above threshold before amended ? if yes than dont worry about it, if No than all depend on luck, I have seen people got ILR with 20K amended on 2011.
Hi bbvyas,
Thanks for replying.
yes indeed I'm above threshold before amendment.
So, is it that HO interested that applicant is still above threshold or they r interested that tax paid on amount must match previous earning shown?
Any input will be helpful.
As far as my experience, First, they will check about your threshold with paid tax on time. As long as you are above threshold they will not ask any question but keep all your amendment tax return documents with you.
Are you above your threshold for last 5 or 4 years? if yes, put all years tax return except amendment year. This all documents will help to improve your case (case worker may not bother about to see that year if they see consistent income above threshold ) Make your application straightforward. I have seen only one refused case when that girl was above threshold before amendment but eventually she got approved in AR.