ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Post by silverchloride » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:05 pm

Hi all,

Is there an average time frame of getting the BRP and documents back from a PEO application? I'm thinking of applying from Glasgow on the 30th of August and have a travel plan on the 12th of September. Is it too tight?

Any advise / guidance will be very helpful...

anoops1984

Post by anoops1984 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:42 am

Hi All,

Please share PEO success stories since July 1st week if there are any.

Thanks

salimisaf
Newly Registered
India

Post by salimisaf » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:50 am

silverchloride wrote:Hi all,

Is there an average time frame of getting the BRP and documents back from a PEO application? I'm thinking of applying from Glasgow on the 30th of August and have a travel plan on the 12th of September. Is it too tight?

Any advise / guidance will be very helpful...
Frankly speaking, it is tight. My application was straightforward, so was expecting an instant decision. Infact, even the officer who registered my biometrics suggested that it would be approved in less than an hour.

However, since it was an out of office hours appointment (evening 21st June '16 @ 5pm ), they couldn't verify IELTS results with the institute(I thought they only did online verifications). The caseworker suggested that everything was ok and will be verifying and returning docs next day. The docs and BRP's did arrive after a week though on 1st July with BRP issue date of 24/06/2016.

If you are very confident about getting it approved same day, then the documents and BRP's should be with you in 10 days. However, I would suggest planning travel this tight, given you have a month to plan or prepone your appointment.

martinstroke

Post by martinstroke » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:36 pm

Hello,

First and foremost, I would like to thank the numerous members of this forum for all the support in the past months. I have had my application for Indefinite Leave to remain, Tier 1 general Set (O) granted today at croydon.

Everything from start to finish took me less than 2 hours which was quite amazing to me as I had a combination of UK PAYE earnings and Overseas PAYE earnings which had the taxes deducted and paid from source. There were no questions asked from me at all and I was not even given any questionaire to fill.

It might be worth noting that I have had both my Tier 1 initial and extension applications based on UK earnings as well as overseas paye earnings with the taxes paid in the respective countries. I like most people on here have had doubts about the overseas tax and whether taxes should be filled here. It was a very smooth process and wish every other person on here the best of luck.

I will happily help any member of the forum who may have any question

Thanks

anoops1984

Post by anoops1984 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:30 pm

Thank God and all the people in the forum who helped me for this application.

1. Category: Tier 2 General
2. Number of dependents: 0
3. Tot. cost: £2375
4. PEO branch: Croydon
5. Documents provided: 
  • Passports x 2
    UK Master degree certificate and transcripts
    Life in the UK certificate
    3 months payslips
    3 months bank statements
    Employer letter
    P60 x 5
    Application form
    Payment confirmation
    CCJ cancellation certificate
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: No
7. Any Additional Comments:
  •  Appointment time 12:30
    Biometric : 12:30
    Case under consideration: 14:45
    Ready for collection: 15:40
No questions asked.

Thanks

allegheny722
Newly Registered

Post by allegheny722 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:32 am

Team,

I had my application for ILR (long residence) (in person) processed yesterday at Croydon office and was told the biometric would arrive in 7 working days.

I submitted:

Application
Photos
Degree
Bank statements
Payslips
Passports
Biometric
Cover letter

They have returned the passports. Is this the norm now?

The ordeal from the ticket being issue to the application decision took well over 5 hours.

Regards

M

umarnazar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by umarnazar » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:01 pm

1. Category: Tier 2 General
3. Tot. cost: £2375
4. PEO branch: Liverpool
5. Documents provided:

Passports x 2
MBBS degree
3 months payslips
3 months bank statements
Employer letter
P60 x 5
Application form
Payment confirmation
Employer's contracts showing I am allowed 27 paid annual leaves.
IELTS exam result

6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: No
7. Any Additional Comments: My IELTS was rejected as it was academic and they needed IELTS for UKVI. I gave my degree and the lady said I will give you 10 days to get UKNARIC certificate.
After 5 minutes, she called me back and I have checked my system and your univ and degree is already approved for English language :mrgreen: :mrgreen: saved me luckily.
Overall, finished in 1:30hrs.

Approved :)

Appointment time 09:00
Biometric : 09:10
Case under consideration: 09:30
Ready for collection: 10:30

allegheny722
Newly Registered

Post by allegheny722 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:59 pm

@umarnazar

Have you received your BRP? If so after how many working days since your visit to the HO branch?

Thanks

bandesha10

query SET (LR) from Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Post by bandesha10 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:01 pm

Hi,
A query to those who had got(or going to apply) their ILR on Tier-1 entrepreneur category after.

I am on Tier-1 Entrepreneur. Have ILR appointment in few days in Glasgow and heard that they ask to fill a form related self assessment. I asked my accountant but he said that I don’t need if my income/dividends vouchers are below £5000. And also don’t need to register as self employed because company director/ share holder is also self employed. According to accountant and from some other sources these information are required for just Tier 1 General.
Please share if anybody have information related this.

Advance thanks

bandesha10

Post by bandesha10 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:20 pm

Congratulation rajeswaris
did you apply from Tier 1 Entrepreneur or from other category ?

Thanks

umarnazar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by umarnazar » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:08 am

allegheny722 wrote:@umarnazar

Have you received your BRP? If so after how many working days since your visit to the HO branch?

Thanks
went on Wednesday, and recieved it on next Monday.

thakur71
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by thakur71 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:45 am

Dear all,

Being a silent reader, granted ILR 11th August PEO Croydon based on Tier 2 (General) after completing 5 years, the whole process was smooth and fairly easy to follow through.

Appointment: 10:45am
Decision: 12:10am (case under consideration remains only for 20 min.)
Category: Tier 2 (General) + 3 dependent (spouse+2 children under 16)
Nationality: Non EEA
Payment: £9500
PEO branch: Croydon
Docs submitted:
- SET (O) form>> all the dependent included in the form
- Employer Letters x 3 (confirmation of employment + payslip endorsement+ absence )
- Appointment booking checklist (which also contains Payment confirmation)
- 2+2+2+2=8 photos
- 4xCurrent valid + all previous expired passports
- 4xCurrent valid BRP
- LIUK test (1+1)
- CEFR B1 Trinity College London (1+1); However, I am doing Ph.D level SOC (2113;physical scientists) job;still prefer to use B1 TCL test as I have passed it along with my spouse.

Cohabitation documents:
Council Bills; Utility bills; Bank statements-- a total of 6 were provided for the last two years (all were joint name)

Information to note: I have not provided any cover letter or any other documents, which are not mentioned in SET (O). However, photocopies of all the documents were given except SET(O). BRP`s received today morning (4th working day)

anoops1984

Dependent ILR approved with more than 500 days abscence

Post by anoops1984 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:43 pm

Hi All,

My dependent got her ILR approved at Sheffield PEO today. She had more than 500 days absence in last 4 years. No questions asked, overall it took 2.5 hours.

1. Category: Tier 2 General Dependant
4. PEO branch: Sheffield
5. Documents provided:
Passports x 2
Trinity college certificate
3 months payslips(spouse)
3 months bank statements(spouse)
P60 x 5(spouse)
Application form
Payment confirmation
Marriage certificate
Cohabitation:
We didn't have any documents with joint names, therefore submitted bank statments and other letters in individual names.

blue_d81
Newly Registered

Post by blue_d81 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:43 am

14/07/2016 Tier 2 ILR application - successful

First of all, many thanks for all the posts on this board, which helps me tremendously while preparing for my application.
My 5 year qualification time matures on the 11/08/2016. I booked an appointment at Croydon for 14/07/2016. Overall waiting time around 2.5 hours. The service was not bad. My case worker even called me on my mobile when I was waiting there, as I misplaced one of the latest bank statements, and did not submit it with the rest of the pack. Fortunately, I managed to locate it in my dossier and handed it in at one of the counters and they accepted it without any further questions.

here is what I included in the pack:
1. Passport (1 + 2 old ones)
2. biometric card (1)
3. Photographs
4. Letters from employers with all details (I changed employer once during the five year period)
5. Proof of absences (letters from both employers explaining absences)
6. Most recent payslip and bank statement dated within 30 days (as mentioned before, I missed one of them, and the case worker was kind enough to contact me immediately, instead of rejecting my application).
7. Evidence of property ownership and mortgage statement
8. Life in UK test
9. English language proof
10. Police registration form (I'm from a country where this is needed)
I did not provide any P60, and there was no question asked regarding this.

Wish you all good luck with your application!

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:34 pm

Hi all,

First all many thanks to the entire Immigration Boards community for all the help over the years. I did not use a lawyer and after reading lots and doing my research prepared my case for ILR on SET (O) form.

1. Category: Tier 2 General
4. PEO branch: Glasgow
5. Documents provided:

Passports x 5
UK degree certificate and transcripts + letter confirming it was taught in English
1 months payslip (latest)
2 months bank statements (latest - only one month was required)
Letter from HR confirming SOC Code, Salary, Still Required for job.
Letter from line manager outlining work-related and annual leave absenses from the UK. (Had between 60-100 days per year.)
P60 x 1
Application form
Payment confirmation
Copies of Driving License, Previous Visas, etc

6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: No

7. Any Additional Comments:

Appointment time 11:30. I got there early, plenty of on street parking and the office is located in a quiet residential area, which is quite relaxing. Very courteous staff, I was allowed to go in 1030 but the guy at the counter did not give me a ticket as he said that he would bring it out nearer to the time. He got me the ticket at 1125.

Called for submitting documents around 1145, all sorted. The guy went through my documents and ripped through the staples. He said it would take him around half an hour to build up my case on the system and then I'd be called for biometrics. I told him that I had brought in loads of additional documents so if there's anything else needed, please let me know. He agreed to keep a note of it.

Called in for biometrics at 12ish. Then waited till about 2pm, when I was called to confirm and sign details on a sheet confirming I had been granted ILR. Another 15-20 minutes I got the final letter stating that BRP will be posted in the next 7-10 working days.

Apparently they had some technical issues there so fingers crossed everything's done smoothly.

Thanks again guys and very happy to help anyone if required.

Best Wishes

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:16 pm

Hi

I am sure this question will easily be answered by people who have had successful PEO ILR issued.

Can someone please tell that when they received their BRP, is the date on the BRP (issued) the same date when they were granted ILR at the Premium office?

My reason of asking this question is that I intend to immediately send my children's MN1 form and NOT wait for the BRP to arrive after getting ILR (I will be going Premium)

Thanks
Syed

JamesBlack

Post by JamesBlack » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:41 am

@bandesha10
Hi mate just wondering when is your appointment and the outcome.
I need your guidance plz reply and update

Goodluck

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:23 am

Hi all,

I'm trying to book my PSC Croydon premium appointment online but it keeps saying "We do not have any appointments in the next 42 days at your selected location". Other PEOs also show October as the earliest option.

Any idea why so packed or any other method to book one as when I did my spouse visa appointment via old system I got plenty date options?

Thanks.

bandesha10

Post by bandesha10 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:34 pm

JamesBlack wrote:@bandesha10
Hi mate just wondering when is your appointment and the outcome.
I need your guidance plz reply and update

Goodluck
Hi James
Sorry for late reply. I been busy
I applied on 1 sep but they said they will hold application max for 2 weeks but she advised me to contact via email with her in next week but yesterday she called me and said that application has been approved and in 10 days i will get ILR card. Today i got my other documents back and waiting for card.
Further i will tell you all in details later
Good luck

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi Guys,

Sorry it is out of thread question. but worthy to directly ask from people with ILR.

Q. PPL who got ILR from Tier 2 G visa , do they submitted their degree as well (requirement other than english knowledge)?
Khurram

JamesBlack

Post by JamesBlack » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:06 pm

@bandesha10
Many congratulations
I will wait for your reply asap. My appointment in 7 days in Glasgow .
Regards

togo
Newly Registered

Post by togo » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:23 pm

Khurram545 wrote:Hi Guys,

Sorry it is out of thread question. but worthy to directly ask from people with ILR.

Q. PPL who got ILR from Tier 2 G visa , do they submitted their degree as well (requirement other than english knowledge)?
Yes. The original degree needs to be submitted.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:14 am

togo wrote:

Thanks for response, did you submit NARIC certified or just degree ?
btw , I made calls to home office many times and all replied same, that If applying with B1 Test (for english knowledge proof) then I no need to provide degree for as a Tier 2 G to ILR applicants
Khurram

bandesha10

Post by bandesha10 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:25 pm

Hi all
First of all i am grateful of this forum who help me a lot in all my immigration issues.
I had an appointment glasgow on 1st Sep at half 12. but i reached at 12 and after security check i went on desk. He gave me one form (self assessment) to fill up. The list of documents i submitted were:
1- Application form
2- printout of payment £2375
3- Photographs 2
4- life in the UK test
5- UK degree
6- Previous passports
7- biometric residence permit
He said me that i will wait for Finger print which took an hour. From 1 pm till half pass 3 i just wait then i was called to the desk. Case worker told me that they will do further check which can takes upto 2 weeks. But this monday 5th in morning i got call from same case worker and she told me that its approved and will take 10 days to receive the documents and residence permit card etc. But yesterday i received confirmation via letter and back all supporting documents and still waiting for residence permit which may take more few days.
Good luck for all

togo
Newly Registered

Post by togo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:51 pm

Khurram545 wrote:
togo wrote:

Thanks for response, did you submit NARIC certified or just degree ?
btw , I made calls to home office many times and all replied same, that If applying with B1 Test (for english knowledge proof) then I no need to provide degree for as a Tier 2 G to ILR applicants
I submitted original degree certificate and 2 letters from Naric. One for degree compatability and the other one for degree taught is english language. B1 proves your knowledge of english but how will you prove that your degree is equivalent to british degree standards? Till apr 5 2016 there used to be a PBS calculator which used to take care of both the requirements.Since Apr 6 2016 they introduced Naric visa and nationality letters.
If you are 100% sure that it is not required please go ahead but I just shared what I was told to submit.