ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu treaty rules

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Spunky
Newly Registered

Eu treaty rules

Post by Spunky » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:28 pm

and?

For EU Citizens - Under the Regulations an EU citizen does not need to register his/her presence in the State with the immigration authorities.

The right of residence of an EU citizen remains subject to conditions. He/she must be, either,

engaged in economic activity (employed or self employed); or
a person with sufficient resources and sickness insurance to ensure that they do not become a burden on the social services of the host Member State; or
enrolled as a student or vocational trainee; or
a family member of an EU citizen in one of the above categories.
Can u plz explain anyone last one-a family member of an eu citizen in one of the above categories.

noajthan

Re: Eu treaty rules

Post by noajthan » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:31 pm

Spunky wrote:and?
For EU Citizens - Under the Regulations an EU citizen does not need to register his/her presence in the State with the immigration authorities.

The right of residence of an EU citizen remains subject to conditions. He/she must be, either,
  • engaged in economic activity (employed or self employed); or
    a person with sufficient resources and sickness insurance to ensure that they do not become a burden on the social services of the host Member State; or
    enrolled as a student or vocational trainee; OR
  • a family member of an EU citizen in one of the above categories.
Can u plz explain anyone last one-a family member of an eu citizen in one of the above categories.
It just means the list applies to EEA nationals.
OR a person must be the family member (dependent) of such an EEA national.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Spunky
Newly Registered

Post by Spunky » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:52 pm

Hi noajthan i know.is that mean non eu family member can engage job instead of eu citizen after grant eu resi
dence card .

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:56 pm

The EU citizen must be the one working, in order to 'exercise their Treaty rights'. Employment of the non-EU family member doesn't qualify.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:07 pm

Spunky wrote:Hi noajthan i know.is that mean non eu family member can engage job instead of eu citizen after grant eu resi
dence card .
If non EU citizen engages in work , then a medical insurance must be obtained. The EU citizen can then rely on the income of the non EU to demonstrate self sufficiency.

But Casa is correct, in that only the EU citizen can be a worker.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors