ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PRTB for EU1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

katherinefilkin
Newly Registered

PRTB for EU1

Post by katherinefilkin » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:33 pm

Hey there,

Im hoping to get some help. We have just sent off out application, 2 weeks ago, we still haven't heard anything. We were missing some documents as we were still waiting for them. The payslips, eu citizen PPS number and letter from the landlord. Im a little bit concerned because we are currently just lodging in a house behind our landlords house, not really landlords, just a couple who are renting this space to us. But the problem is that their house isn't in their and they are hesitant to say that we are renting here, they just want to say we are staying. Will this be a problem? I hope this made some sense.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: PRTB for EU1

Post by shpirtshqipe » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:20 am

Im a little bit concerned because we are currently just lodging in a house behind our landlords house, not really landlords, just a couple who are renting this space to us. But the problem is that their house isn't in their and they are hesitant to say that we are renting here, they just want to say we are staying. Will this be a problem? I hope this made some sense.
If the people you are lodging from are renting the property themselves then you can ask them to write a letter confirming you are living at the property. (even though they are not the owners) You must also make sure the people renting the property attach a copy of their tenancy agreement to the letter so you can send both of them to INIS. The above documents should be fine for INIS to accept.

If your friends are hesitant to give a written letter and copy of the tenancy agreement then your choices are limited which means you may need to rent elsewhere so you can satisfy INIS's requirements.

katherinefilkin
Newly Registered

Post by katherinefilkin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:10 pm

Thank you for replying! They own the house, I got the information wrong. We don't have to provide the deeds to their house do we? I feel slightly uncomfortable asking for that!! Unless we have to? Also when it comes to a utility bill, do you know if a mobile phone bill and a TV bill will do?

katherinefilkin
Newly Registered

Post by katherinefilkin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:28 pm

A mobile phone and TV bill with our names on it I mean

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:14 pm

If the family claim they are living with you then PRTB IS not required.

If they offer you a free home, then that is fine.

You can ask them to provide a copy of their mortgage statement, and a bill confirming they reside in your home, and that should suffice.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:45 pm

They asked me for PRTB letter n landlord contract n i was livin with my friend n he wrote a nice reference letter in which he confirmed tha I'm livin with him n tha he is prtb register n i attach his prtb letter n reference letter n some bills on his name n new bills on my name n i send thm.all n they accepted it n approved my application ☺

katherinefilkin
Newly Registered

Post by katherinefilkin » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:42 am

Thanks! How long did it take for them to approve your application? I'm just waiting to hear back about the acknowledgment letter! We have just moved into a little place but we don't know the owners of the house very well yet and I feel nervous about asking them for the mortgage letter. But I guess we have to!

jollygym91
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jollygym91 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:04 pm

hi katherinefilkin,

Did your process go through fine with no PRTB. Is there any other alternatives to PRTB?
Our landlord is happy to give us a letter with bills in his name and he lives with us when he is not traveling to visit his families.

henbabani
Newly Registered

Post by henbabani » Tue May 29, 2018 10:35 am

Hi, how long does it takes you to get the acknowledge letter?
i'm waiting more than a month(sent my application on April 23rd).
thank you