ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh route!! Help!!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

katie1807
Newly Registered

Surinder Singh route!! Help!!!

Post by katie1807 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi,
I am hoping someone out there can please just provide a little clarification, i have been on the computer for 2 days now and all the information i am reading is getting confusing!

My story:
I have been living with my South African boyfriend for 2 and half years now, our time has been split between Thailand (where we met and lived for 8months) South Africa (where we have really tied to make a life and where we were hoping to settle) and the uk (he came last year for xmas!)

I have now returned to the UK(london) as we have come to the realisation that things in SA are just not going to improve anytime soon, he started up own business almost a yr ago and we are financially the lowest we can go before selling up bukkie etc!

So as i realised, a UK visa is currently not an option thanks to our governments financial and ridiculous regulations, so we are now looking at moving to Ireland.
Temporary at first to engage our treaty rights but if it ends up being more successful,then a permanent move is not out of the question.
So .....my question and to clarify is...
as a uk citizen, i am free to go to ROI and work, as a south african he can also go to ROI but how easy is it going to be for him to get a work visa, i cant see us being able to survive on just a wage i bring in?

And then once we are registered and have been living in ireland for 3months+, we are free to apply for family visa to uk and this will allow him to work in the uk?

So many questions and along story....im sorry!

hope someone can give me advance,

Thank you
Katie

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Unmarried Partners are 'extended' family members, so a bit more difficult and not automatic. Do u have proof of cohab? Bills, leases, Joint bank etc?

When in Ireland you need to be working really, there is no real period to be doing that, but it seems 6 months is the sweet spot. As you partner (see above tho) he is free to work.

And UK rules are fine and fair IMHO, you have to understand that this country is full, it really is, so many people want to come here for good reason, better life etc but is it fair to get that for free?

Anyway, there ya go! This country is so chokka I can fly to almost anywhere in EU quicker than I can drive from Leeds to Birmingham, go figure - too many people, too many people with cars....

Think twice before moving back, I did a year in Dublin, better than this dump...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

benfares

Re: Surinder Singh route!! Help!!!

Post by benfares » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:08 pm

England rules!!!

vinny

Re: Surinder Singh route!! Help!!!

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:15 am

The thread is nearly 2 years old! Wonder how katie1807 got on?

The UKVI does not yet recognise extended family members as being eligible under the Surinder Singh route.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.