ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apostle for UK Birth Certificate - OCI Application from India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KPSP

Apostle for UK Birth Certificate - OCI Application from India

Post by KPSP » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:48 am

Hi All,

I am in the process of applying OCI for my daughter from India and they are asking for apostle of UK birth certificate and below is what is written in the guidance notes

"In case the birth certificate is issued by a foreign authority, it is to be Apostled or endorsed by the
concerned Indian Mission abroad"

May I know the process of getting this done?

Thanks

jfrusc

Re: Apostle for UK Birth Certificate - OCI Application from India

Post by jfrusc » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Hopefully you've got the answer to this already, but for the benefit of others:

https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised

I've had both my children's Birth certificates apostilled and it took approx a week from posting. Birth certificates are relatively cheap now, so I'd pop into the civic centre and get another one. That way you can keep the certified one for stuff like OCI and use the other one for general use. Less likely to lose the Apostilled one that way.

Also I already had them Apostilled for another reason. I'm not sure if it was actually necessary. The lady at the VFS office was pleasantly surprised that they had been done. Which suggested to me most do not bother. In any case both children received their OCI cards in just under a month, without any questions/issues.