ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE FLR(M) OR ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

qureshimf
Newly Registered

SPOUSE FLR(M) OR ILR

Post by qureshimf » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Hi

I got my ILR in third week of February 2014 on long residency basis. My wife is on Tier 2 dependent status.
She came in UK as Tier 4 dependant dependant in Nov,2009

After going through sticky posts, I understand that I need to apply her FLR(M) and then ILR. My concerns is that she is employed and earned around 14K a year. We have a 4 years daughter and I am currently not employed.

1- Can I apply her FLR(M) in the above circumstance?
OR
2- Should I arrange my employment first then apply her FLR(M) after couple of months so that I could demonstrate the sufficient income.

3- Does she need life in UK test and English eligibility as she already had A1 level?

I would highly appreciate if someone could guide me in this situation.

Thank to advance

vinny

Re: SPOUSE FLR(M) OR ILR

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:28 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:54 am

qureshimf wrote:Hi

I got my ILR in third week of February 2014 on long residency basis. My wife is on Tier 2 dependent status.
She came in UK as Tier 4 dependant dependant in Nov,2009

After going through sticky posts, I understand that I need to apply her FLR(M) and then ILR. My concerns is that she is employed and earned around 14K a year. We have a 4 years daughter and I am currently not employed.

1- Can I apply her FLR(M) in the above circumstance?
OR
2- Should I arrange my employment first then apply her FLR(M) after couple of months so that I could demonstrate the sufficient income.

as she is here before 2012 so no income threshold requirement just accommodation and maintainence and your wife job is enough for proving that you are financially maintain yourselves .

3- Does she need life in UK test and English eligibility as she already had A1 level?
she need a1 level for flr and b1 level for ILR .she can apply for flr and then set (m) straight away when flr is granted .also I just read a story of a person whose wife got direct set(m) for his wife in Sheffield peo .you can also try that .this story is under long residency 10 years topic .

I would highly appreciate if someone could guide me in this situation.

I myself tried direct set(m) in Croydon but unfortunately my case worker asked for flr so they gave 2 visas in one day.its better if you took both form in peo .or do first flr and then set (m) accordingly.but I read 2 success stories for direct ILR in Sheffield office recently.if you need any info I am happy to help.i myself in dependent of student and then psw from 2006 till 2014 then got ILR

Thank to advance
ss

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:58 am

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 59656.html

This is the link for persons success for set(m)
ss

knwkol
Newly Registered

Post by knwkol » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:26 pm

Hello all,

first of all thanks to all the contributors to this forum. I got lot of guidance for my and my wife's ILR. I will put my experience here in case it can help someone.

My Entry UK- 2003
Before ILR - Tier 2 company sponsored visa
ILR applied Nov 2013 on long residence basis ( i sent absolutely every single document I had in past 10 years)
Biomatric in Jan.
ILR letter received 2nd week March 2014.
Biomatric card received 3rd week March 2014

Wife entered UK as my dependent in 2005.
Wife's visa before ILR - Tier 2 dependent

I was confused and not sure to go for FLR or SET.

I called and my wife called Home office 3 times. Their responses over the phone
1- Apply FLR then apply SET on next appointment , pay both fee
2- Apply FLR then wait 2 years then SET (M)
3- Apply FLR then wait 5 years

We emailed twice in Feb 2014 to homeoffice to get confirmation in writing but no response at all till now.

I had no choice but to book FLR in person appointment for my wife. Paid FLR fee online.

Appointment last Saturday in Sheffield at 11AM. After reading as many forums as I could and reading all the rules I was still unclear.So took a gamble ,prepared both applications FLR and SET (M). Prepared a cover letter mentioning all details about UK entry , current visa, husband visa, also argued the case saying she qualify as per 287 ,transitional arrangement .

At 11am we gave SET(M) to the Visa window in sheffield offices with this cover letter. My wife also said she think she qualify for SET (M). The lady on the window consulted another lady and said give us the form and cover letter and we will see, come after 2 hours and leave mobile number if case worker needs to call you. She also said if she qualify for SET (M) then she needs to pay full SET fee and FLR fee will be refunded.

We did not get any calls and biomatric was done at around 1.30pm.

We never saw case worker as we only dealt with reception lady.

ILR sucessful letter received at around 2.30PM. All documents returned.

now waiting for Biomatric card . DX secure left a card today so it must have come.

Today FLR fee refund confirmation came in the email.

So thanks again all. Best of luck.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:00 am

Congratulations! It seems more PEOs are now allowing applicants to skip FLR(M), which is a good move.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

baseeji
Newly Registered

Post by baseeji » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 am

Dear All Specially Moderator Vinny.

I had few months back ILR on the basis of 10 Years Long Residence and my wife was on Tier 1 General dependant and she came in 2008 as dependent.

Yesterday with the very informative sharing of different members experience and Guidance of Moderators specially Vinny i applied for my wife ILR by skipping FLR(M) and got ILR.

Actually what i did. I have filled two forms SET(0)/SET(M)and taken to PEO(Cardiff).

When they called us i asked to the receptionist that i am having two forms and really don't know which one is correct. Could you please make sure which one is correct as both have same fees and i have already booked while making appointment.

On counter they asked to have SET(0) which i provided along with supporting documents and later on taken Biometrics and about 2:30 hours we are called and told us that your application for settlement is successful.

So once again thanks to all members who provided their imput and moderators specially VInny.

If you want know any thing else please feel free to ask.
Regards

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:24 am

Granting SET(O) was incorrect, but nonetheless, congratulations.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:38 pm

Congratulations!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.