ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I'm holding Stamp 4EUfam,Do I need UK visa?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pooky014
Newly Registered

I'm holding Stamp 4EUfam,Do I need UK visa?

Post by pooky014 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:37 pm

Hello,

I'm holding Stamp 4EUfam card as my husband is EU National.
we have plan to go to UK for holiyday by airline
Dublin airport to Edingburgh airport. Someone said they don't check visa.
Do I need UK visa?

Regards,

Pooky

squa

Re: I'm holding Stamp 4EUfam,Do I need UK visa?

Post by squa » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:27 pm

The UK Border Agency website says you do, though they do this against EU rules. The truth is even if they did check passports on arrival, you would still be issued a visa. The danger however is you may be denied boarding without visa as airlines are scared of fines and are not always knowledgeable on all immigration rules. You can apply for an EEA permit online which is free if you want to be certain of travelling without worry.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:54 am

Yeah some times they don't check visa but the reality is that you need a visa to enter the UK. If you are stopped by the Police/Immigration in the UK, you would be sent back to Ireland, your deportation from the UK can have serious consequences on your Nauturalization application in the future. So i would recommend to get a UK visa before you go there...

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 am

You will not require a visa if you travelled with your family member

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/7 ... r.pdf.html

squa

Post by squa » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:08 am

Not true, no way would he be deported. Once he is stopped by immigration they may give him a bit of a hassle but they would have no choice but to issue him with a visa. EU rules are clear, spouses of EU nationals have free movement rights within the EU. The UK Border Agency tries by all means to discourage non EU nationals and of late new EU country nationals of Bulgaria and Romania travelling to the UK, but they cannot deny you a visa once you arrive or apply.
The power of being a spouse of an EEA national should not be under estimated. I was denied a UK visa as non EU national in 2010 for not disclosing a criminal record for assault in 2007 in the UK and for travelling with family without a visa to UK in 2008 from Ireland. I was refused and given a 10 year visa ad travel ban. My wife and son recently gained Irish citizenship after travelling without visa to UK and being caught out by UK Immigration. I am awaiting my Irish citizenship but have recently applied for EEA permit to visit UK despite visa ban and it was approved because they had no choice under EU rules. Even criminal records are not a reason for refusal unless the person demonstrates a true danger to society.
The UK Immigration plays hardball and tries to trample on people's rights. After they intercepted us at the airport for travelling to UK without visa they had the nerve to call Irish Immigration to check if they wanted us back or deported to our home country even though we had our passports on us with re-entry visas. The Irish Immigration said they we happy for us to return to Ireland. I loathe UK Immigration.

Callum.a
Newly Registered

Post by Callum.a » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:41 pm

squa wrote:Not true, no way would he be deported. Once he is stopped by immigration they may give him a bit of a hassle but they would have no choice but to issue him with a visa. EU rules are clear, spouses of EU nationals have free movement rights within the EU. The UK Border Agency tries by all means to discourage non EU nationals and of late new EU country nationals of Bulgaria and Romania travelling to the UK, but they cannot deny you a visa once you arrive or apply.
The power of being a spouse of an EEA national should not be under estimated. I was denied a UK visa as non EU national in 2010 for not disclosing a criminal record for assault in 2007 in the UK and for travelling with family without a visa to UK in 2008 from Ireland. I was refused and given a 10 year visa ad travel ban. My wife and son recently gained Irish citizenship after travelling without visa to UK and being caught out by UK Immigration. I am awaiting my Irish citizenship but have recently applied for EEA permit to visit UK despite visa ban and it was approved because they had no choice under EU rules. Even criminal records are not a reason for refusal unless the person demonstrates a true danger to society.
The UK Immigration plays hardball and tries to trample on people's rights. After they intercepted us at the airport for travelling to UK without visa they had the nerve to call Irish Immigration to check if they wanted us back or deported to our home country even though we had our passports on us with re-entry visas. The Irish Immigration said they we happy for us to return to Ireland. I loathe UK Immigration.
I am a New Zealand citizen, my wife is also but also holds a British passport. I applied for a tier 5 youth mobility visa from New Zealand but this was declined because of a mistake in our paperwork. We didn't have time to reapply so have come to Ireland and have applied for residence via eu treaty rights. My question is will I be allowed into England? I was told I need to apply for a visitors visa but this seems excessive when we are now living in dublin and only want to visit family for a week. Any help is much appreciated.

squa

Post by squa » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:11 pm

As a New Zealand citizen, you do not need a visa to travel to the UK. You can travel to the UK and visa will be issued to you at the border, however, you're highly unlikely to encounter UK immigration officials when you travel from Ireland. If you really need your passport stamped you will have to search for Immigration officers as flights from Ireland land in the UK domestic terminals. If travelling by ferry, you will also need to drive to the immigration offices at the UK port, otherwise everyone else just drives through.

Callum.a
Newly Registered

Post by Callum.a » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:43 pm

When I received the letter saying my tier 5 visa was declined, it said on it that I will now need to apply for a visitors visa to enter uk?

squa

Post by squa » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:08 pm

Depends on what your "mistake" on your tier 5 application paperwork was. It may be deemed as being deceptive. You can eventually apply for an EEA family permit under Zambrano route after several months residency in Ireland. Best apply for a visitor visa, I doubt you would be denied one.

Callum.a
Newly Registered

Post by Callum.a » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:54 pm

For proof of funds the bank printed out a bank statement for us but it only showed my wife's name, not mine. It is a joint account and half the money going into it shows on the statement it was coming from me.

LysaAli
Newly Registered

Post by LysaAli » Tue May 27, 2014 9:41 am

Hi all,
I had to join this forum as my Query is very similar, my problem is im a british national was born and raised there but my husband has the Stamp 4EUFAM i have been looking online like a mad person but cannot find the right answer. Does anyone on here know if i need a visa to enter the uk and if so which one, followed by which documents i need to submit, the EEA family permit is for everyone else BUT the UK citizen:

You can apply for an EEA family permit to accompany your family or partner to the UK (or join them after they’ve arrived) if:

the person you’ll be accompanying or joining is from the European Economic Area (EEA) but not the UK
you’re from outside the EEA

I am racking my brain not knowing what to do, my solicitor however told me that he does not need a visa but im scared of him being denied boarding on the plane (not to mention it will be rather embarassing) I would Appreciate any information ANYONE has for me you will be a god send!! thanks

habib_ali
Newly Registered

Post by habib_ali » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:47 am

Hi all,
I had to join this forum as my Query is very similar, my problem is im a british national was born and raised there but my husband has the Stamp 4EUFAM i have been looking online like a mad person but cannot find the right answer. Does anyone on here know if i he a visa to enter the uk and if so which one, followed by which documents i need to submit

aligo
Ireland

Post by aligo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:16 pm

you do not need a UK visa if you have a EUFAM4 as long as you are travelling with your spouse. It is best to carry your marriage certificate with you

habib_ali
Newly Registered

Re: I'm holding Stamp 4EUfam, can i work in UK?

Post by habib_ali » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:51 pm

hi, Re: I'm holding Stamp 4EUfam, My wife is British. can i work in UK? or what are the documents /procedure I need to work in UK.Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:08 pm

habib_ali wrote:hi, Re: I'm holding Stamp 4EUfam, My wife is British. can i work in UK? or what are the documents /procedure I need to work in UK.Thanks
No you are not allowed to work in UK.

Unless she has exercised treaty rights and she is returning with you to the UK.

But there is no independent right to work in the UK with stamp 4 EU family, without your wife.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:09 pm

habib_ali wrote:hi, Re: I'm holding Stamp 4EUfam, My wife is British. can i work in UK? or what are the documents /procedure I need to work in UK.Thanks
Has your wife been living and working in Ireland?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

habib_ali
Newly Registered

Re: I'm holding Stamp 4EUfam,can i work in uk?

Post by habib_ali » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:34 am

yeah we been living in Ireland for a year and shes been working since she moved here, if i am not allowed what is the requirements to get work permission, Thanks

Casa

Re: I'm holding Stamp 4EUfam,can i work in uk?

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:46 am

habib_ali wrote:yeah we been living in Ireland for a year and shes been working since she moved here, if i am not allowed what is the requirements to get work permission, Thanks
Surinder Singh route.

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/surinde ... ion-route/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

badr-amiche

Post by badr-amiche » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:18 pm

Hi everybody, i had this situation before and just to let you know that you definitely dont need a visa at allll as the same thing happen to me. They open the border for eufam i think sometime last year and i have tried it twice ( once flew to no European country from Belfast and another time flew to Manchester ya that's true they are not fully aware of the law and you may have a bit of struggle explaining to them but they can not stop you from entering the country. But make sure to bring your certificate of marriage and have your eturn tickets in hands if you have them.

habib_ali
Newly Registered

Post by habib_ali » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:13 pm

Hello
I'm holding Stamp 4EUfam card as my wife is British can I transfer my visa to an UK visa or what do I have to do thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:35 pm

habib_ali wrote:Hello
I'm holding Stamp 4EUfam card as my wife is British can I transfer my visa to an UK visa or what do I have to do thanks
For what purpose do you think you need such a visa, entry or residence in UK?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

habib_ali
Newly Registered

Post by habib_ali » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:40 am

for residency in UK, thanks.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:05 pm

habib_ali wrote:for residency in UK, thanks.
For residency you can come to UK with (or to join) sponsor; (entry obtained using EU card).

In general, assuming the sponsor is exercising treaty rights (or has PR) in UK, simply apply for a RC to confirm the EU free movements rights to reside, work &/or study.

Edit: as your sponsor/spouse is a BC (and appears to be returning to UK after Surinder Singh sojourn in Eire) then no need for sponsor to be exercising treaty rights; (case law of Eind).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

habib_ali
Newly Registered

Post by habib_ali » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:18 pm

Thanks, after returning to uk with (Surinder Singh), can I travel other EU & non EU countries without my spouse.Advice please.

imrann89
Newly Registered

Post by imrann89 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:54 pm

I would suggest you to get a visa because its good for the future and for your own safety just in case